• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Does everyone have to eat when it's a buffet?

jesusluvsu2005

Mouseketeer
I'd like to take my daughter to the princess buffet in Epcot but don't care for the food listed. Can I just let the kids eat while DH and I just sit with them? Thanks!
God bless,
Amanda

I think that it's too hard to watch each table and see who eats and who doesn't. There would be those lovely, honest individuals who would say they weren't eating, then eat off their child's plate and if/when caught would say something like " I was just tasting it, etc., or I don't eat that much"

You can go and not eat but you and your dh will be charged the buffet fee. We found for us that the breakfast are the best to go too esp the Norway one.

Our family ate at Boma, which is a buffet, during this past Disney Christmas vacation. One person in our party just didn't like anything they saw to eat, and ordered just tea to drink. When I received the bill, everybody was charged for a meal including the non eater. I asked, and was told that if your seated at the table, you are charged for that person regardless if they eat or not. So to answer your question, yes you will be charged wheather you eat or not.

When we went to LTT last Sept, Dsis told the server at the beginning of the meal that she was not feeling well and would not be eating. When the check came, the server didn't charge for her. She was one of a party of 8, so it might be looked upon differently if 2/4 people didn't want to dine. I'm sure it was against the rules, but that server got a great tip because she was so accomodating.

I'd like to take my daughter to the princess buffet in Epcot but don't care for the food listed. Can I just let the kids eat while DH and I just sit with them? Thanks!
God bless,
Amanda

I'm not Disney, but I don't think it would make much sense for them to let you do this. You would bascially be paying the kids' (Very cheap! $15 for dinner!) price for time with the princesses. Disney makes their $ off the adults in this kind of place. ($30 per adult at dinner, which would be $60 for the 2 of you) I can only imagine the chaos that would start if people thought they could get the whole character experience at a bargain price. While I'm sure this is not your intent, there are plenty of people who would take advantage of Disney over this.

Everyone is supposed to pay at a buffet, except kids under 3. There was one post with someone for whom an exception was made, but I wouldn't go in there expecting that.

I'm trying to figure out what a person eats when they will eat absolutely nothing at Boma, not even dessert or the kids' buffet stuff.

My advice is to pick a restaurant where you LIKE the food. Much easier for everyone.

Thanks everyone! My daughter is just wanting to meet Jasmine but I really don't like the selection at that restuarant. And since we're on the dining plan I hate to use a credit for breakfast because we're more dinner people. And I can't really afford to pay that (this trip is being paid for by a family member otherwise we couldn't be going). Anyone know where she can see Jasmine? Thanks!
God bless,
Amanda

Thanks everyone! My daughter is just wanting to meet Jasmine but I really don't like the selection at that restuarant. And since we're on the dining plan I hate to use a credit for breakfast because we're more dinner people. And I can't really afford to pay that (this trip is being paid for by a family member otherwise we couldn't be going). Anyone know where she can see Jasmine? Thanks!
God bless,
Amanda

We see her several times a day in Adventureland at Magic Kingdom, right behind the Aladdin Carpet ride. She is usually with Aladdin and sometimes Genie.

She's also in Morroco in Epcot--usually with Alladin.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter