• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Does everyone do palo's???

I have to laugh.. I am trying to figure out when brunch is at Palo's so I started reading this thread. My dh and I will be travelling with our teenagers (15 & 17) on the 7-day Western very soon. 2 years ago, we were on a 4 day and experienced Palo's once.

However, on this trip, my children are negotiating how many nights they need to eat with us. They are encouraging us to go to Palo's because they have so much fun in Common Grounds! We have a great relationship with our kids, and are very involved in their lives. It amazes me that we have moved from being clung to - to being blown off! (I mean that in a good way:D ) We started planning this trip soon after returning from our last one. I think it is surprising how much fun the kids have, and how there really is something for everyone on DCL.

Sorry to be so longwinded! Does anyone know when the brunch is?

I went on my first Disney cruise on Jan. 11th, and after eating 2 meals at Palo's I was amazed. Through my business I have dined at many of the finest Italian restaurants in the world including Il Mulino's and Scaleni Fideli in NYC, and Palo's stands equal to those. You cannot compare the food served in the other restaurants on the cruise to Palo's, its unfair.

Originally posted by 2much2do

Does anyone know when the brunch is?

Sunday, Monday, and Thursday from 10:30am to 1pm.

Note: The brunch only runs through 12:30pm on Sunday on the Western itinerary due to the noon arrival at Key West.

Is there a brunch on 3 day Wonder trips? If not, is Palo's open at any other time besides dinner? Since we cruise in Dec. we never get the full effect of Palos because it's dark outside when we eat. I'd love to see the water from that high while we eat.

Palo's is well worth the ressie scramble.

DH and I cruised the Magic 7-day 10/00. I knew about the ressie scramble but wanted to get spa ressies and then explore the ship with DH so didn't book Palo's.

After seeing Palo's decided we should try. They stated they were booked but would add us to the waiting list. Fortunately, we were able to get a ressie. It was unbelievable!

The atomosphere, the food, the service and the dessert! One of the best deals on earth for $5.

We're travelling on the 7-day Western 5/10 with my parents and are planning our arrival in order to do the ressie scramble. After reading these boards and eating at Palo's I'm going to try for the Brunch also!!!

Originally posted by tlens
We decided not to do Palo on our upcoming May cruise because I have concerns about how the kids eat while in the clubs. My DD will be 3.5 and eats a wide variety of things but sometimes needs a little pushing if things are exciting around her. How do they get all these kids fed? How do they choose the food? If this is a stupid question I apologize but I really don't know.

If you are concerned about what they will eat, why not order room service before they go so you know they have had something and then if they just want to snack when they go, you can let the councilors know.
And remember, you're on vacation, relax!:jester:

That is our plan with DS(5)!!!

It seems easy enough to be with him for supper, get him an early supper from several dining options, and then take him to the clubs for the evening activity. The kids who are eating with the club eat pretty early... ( I think the navigators schedule says 5:00p.m.) So, unless you make a very early Palo's ressie, no problem to drop off your child(ren) AFTER the club gets back from their supper, and still have plenty of time to make it to Palo!

This may be the only time we leave our son at mealtime... But, I wouldn't miss it! DH and I are truly looking forward to that one gourmet dining experience, alone. ;)

Four cruises and we have never done Palos. We have just enjoyed our dinning companions and the meals we had together. On two of our cruises we have had dinning companions go to Palos to only come back by the dinning room later and say they wish they had just eat with us.
I will say that we are empty nesters who eat together alone almost every night. That may make a difference.

Russ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter