Does "E.T.'s Adventure" show up in "Revenge of the Sith"?

CVW

DIS Veteran
Maybe this has already been discussed here or elsewhere, but I can't find it. I've seen "Revenge of the Sith" twice (the second time with my two young boys).

I noticed several homages to other movies hidden in the film. ("Titanic" when the spaceship breaks in two; "Tarzan" when the Wookies swing on a vine; "Frankenstein" when Darth Vader rises off the table; "Raiders of the Lost Ark" when Yoda casually knocks over a couple of knife-wielding goons.)

There's a scene when all of the Jedi are being assassinated that they show a very short scene on an otherwise never-seen planet of the assassination of a female Jedi.

It's located on a very lush, almost cartoonishly colorful planet. The second time around it really reminded me of the "E.T. Adventure" ride at Universal when we get to see E.T.'s home planet. Was George Lucas paying homage to his old buddy Steven Spielberg, or am I just imagining things?

How about when Yoda says good bye to Chewy and then hops in his ship. I kept waiting for him to say, "I'll be right back" like ET does when he leaves Eliott.

I just asked DH this exact question tonight!! We are at HRH right now and just rode ET tonight and the blue flowers in the ride looked EXACTLY like the blue flowers on the planet where the blue skinned Jedi (Ayyla?) is assinated.

Don't forget there were ETs in Episode One in the senate scene.

He might have paid homage. Afterall, Spielberg did set Lucas up with John Williams to make the score for Episode IV.

I don't see Lucas spoofing a Universal attraction. Afterall, he's the one who mocked Speilberg for teaming up with Universal instead of Disney.

Well I'm glad that he went with Universal. Some of our great attractions are based on his movies.

When I think about it though the ET adventure does remind me of that scene in the revenge of the sith.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter