Does Disney Buy Back Contracts Only Through Resale / RoFR?

PetePanMan

DIS Veteran
Just wondering if anyone has ever sold their existing DVC contract directly back to DIsney (not through a resale process) as part of buying a new direct contract at a new DVC resort?

I realize Disney can exercise its option to buy a contract as part of resale process via RoFR so I’m thinking here about a situation in which you approach Disney directly to see if they want to buy back your old contract at resort X and you buy a new DVC direct offering.

Thanks for any info

They were actively contacting owners of OKW contracts recently to buy them back and the amount they were offering was a joke - much better to go through the ROFR process to get a decent price.

Just wondering if anyone has ever sold their existing DVC contract directly back to DIsney (not through a resale process) as part of buying a new direct contract at a new DVC resort?

I realize Disney can exercise its option to buy a contract as part of resale process via RoFR so I’m thinking here about a situation in which you approach Disney directly to see if they want to buy back your old contract at resort X and you buy a new DVC direct offering.

Thanks for any info
People have reported success in calling Disney and asking to sell back a contract but the offers I have heard about are WAY below market value.

If you want to sell and be done and don’t care about missing out on many thousands of dollars, it seems to be an option.

Caveat: I don’t imagine they would buy back a resort they’re actively selling or have recently actively sold (so Aulani, Riviera, VGF, maybe even CCV), they get plenty of those for free in foreclosure.

At time, yes, they have but they will not offer you anything close to what you could sell it for.

Now, depending on what you paid, you may not care if it’s lower offer.

I will add though the process may not be much shorter than resale. I had one taken on April 1st and the contract paperwork didn’t come until a day before official closing so might as well try the market first.

Thanks for replies. We did buy long ago (e.g. SSR for $48/ pt.) which is why I was wondering. Sounds like they are willing to pay more through ROFR or a lot less than ROFR prices via direct buy back. If they were truly wanting greater inventory to re-sell I would have thought they might be willing to pay a bit less than going ROFR prices.

I realize you are asking about selling direct to Disney, but Disney also gets points to sell by foreclosure on unpaid dues and foreclosure on unpaid financing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter