Does anyone wash the comforters?

Sammie said:
It is a duvet cover, with a comforter, usually a down synthetic inside.

Thanks. We recently stayed at Yacht Club and that's what they had. I thought they were a lot more comfortable. They weren't stiff like the regular bedspreads. And if the duvet is washed each time, that would be an added bonus!

On a TV show called 'My name is Earl", there was a quote I liked.

■Randy Hickey: Catalina, how often do you clean the bedspreads?
■Catalina(Maid): I don't know; I've only worked here for a year.
:lmao:

lawrenceFletcher said:
On a TV show called 'My name is Earl", there was a quote I liked.

■Randy Hickey: Catalina, how often do you clean the bedspreads?
■Catalina(Maid): I don't know; I've only worked here for a year.
:lmao:

Lol!!!!

blt09b41.jpg

So they change the covers, sheets & pillowcases, then they toss a dirty throw pillow on top of everything!
This happened to us at OKW last month. I had taken the bedspread off and folded it up. The day we had full cleaning, they left the bedspread off, but put all the throw pillows on top of the clean sheets. I'm not a germaphobe so it didn't bother me, but it seemed like a really odd thing to do.

Now I'll have to start a "does anyone wash the throw pillows" thread. Then a "does anyone wash the sofa cushions" thread.

Just kidding of course! :) I honestly don't remember throw pillows on the beds at BCV but if they were there, we probably took them off right away.

"If" is a big word. How would we know anyway, really.:confused3
Just sayin.....

Since they are sheets they wrinkle and even a cursory look should tell you if they've been washed. The plank like beadspreads wouldn't show a wrinkle.

tripletsmama - just gotta ask. Do you use the pillows provided? While I don't love that bedspreads aren't cleaned often the pillows are a whole other can of germs and other things. If you ever catch a show about what is found on hotel/motel items - well - pillows don't rank very high and that's where your head goes. It even made me go out and replace the pillows at our home! :scared:

Since they are sheets they wrinkle and even a cursory look should tell you if they've been washed. The plank like beadspreads wouldn't show a wrinkle.

tripletsmama - just gotta ask. Do you use the pillows provided? While I don't love that bedspreads aren't cleaned often the pillows are a whole other can of germs and other things. If you ever catch a show about what is found on hotel/motel items - well - pillows don't rank very high and that's where your head goes. It even made me go out and replace the pillows at our home! :scared:

But what about the mattress? The pillows are cased in large pillow cases (or at least the pillows are pretty tiny (used to king sized pillows, not standard pillows).

im currently at SSR lying naked on a comforter. im not going to tell you which room either.

bwang123 said:
im currently at SSR lying naked on a comforter. im not going to tell you which room either.

Cracking up!!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

blt09b41.jpg

I've been in hotels with this design, I assume they wash the down comforter with each guest? They do always seem fresh but I've wondered about that.

I've been in hotels with this design, I assume they wash the down comforter with each guest? They do always seem fresh but I've wondered about that.

I'd bet not. Kind of like the pillows. The "down" comforter is encased in a cover.

bwang123 said:

Darn it, now I'll have to book only at other DVC resorts! Surely they don't allow naked bedspread laying at a classy establishment like BCV! ;)

As to the whole comforter/duvet thing, I would think they wash the duvet, but not the down comforter. What's the advantage to using the duvets rather than the stiff comforters other than being able to wash them more frequently?

Why in the world are people so worked up over the comforters? IMHO, they're for show, not use: they're hard and slip off anyway. First thing I do when we get our room is to take them off, fold them up and store them for the remainder of the trip. On occasion I'll call housekeeping to ask for another blanket if need be, but typically we have plenty.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter