Does anyone own a foodsaver (Vacuum sealer)

I have one - but I have 2 questions -

can you reseal the chip bags or do you have to use the special bags that they sell for the vacu-sealer?

Has anyone had trouble when vacu-sealing with moister getting to the top of the bag an interfering with the seal process?

You can re-seal the chip bags that they come in, very handy.

When I have something that's got a lot of moisture, I usually fold up a paper towel and put in in the top of the bag, below where I'm going to seal it. This absorbs the moisture as it comes up, so I doesn't interfere with the seal.

Erika

Just got the vac 1050 model yesterday. Didn't see anything in the manual about using any other bags except the foodsaver bags. Just wanted to ask before ruining the machine that the snack bags won't mess up the machine. Still have the box so I was wondering if a different model was more versatile.

Also, is there any way to seal the large containers of salsa, etc.?

Thanks for your help!
Lois:D

With mine, you put the top of the chip bag in, and just hit the manual seal button. It does not suck the air out then, it just basically melts the top of the bag together. That was in my instruction manual and the video that came with it. It works best on the foil type chip bags. I believe it also said you could do it with cereal bags.

Erika

OK now does anyone have a brand other than the Tillia one? The foodsaver? I see that there are several brands out there and dont know about any of them. Help?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter