Does ANYONE like the Lilo and Stich attraction? (m0

seems like everyone i've heard from, dislikes it. My kids (ages 5 & 7) would like to see it but the reviews i've seen haven't been good -- scary, dark, crude, smelly, etc.

Not that they'll be rushing to see it but it is on the short list of attractions but should i steer them away?

no!

Kids 5 & 7 probably will enjoy it, but personally, I think they could do SO MUCH BETTER with a (Lilo &) Stich themed ride. We did it a few times and that's plenty.

I liked Mission to Mars, I loved the ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter, and Stitch's Great Escape is not bad. :duck:

I still think it's funny that everyone seems to want more "thrilling" rides and experiences, and the best non-roller-coaster-dropping thrill attraction got canned so quickly. I never really understood how ToT is less scary than the Alien Encounter was. :confused3

There is no Lilo, it is just Stitch, and it's before he is Stitch. It's Experiment 626 when he escapes prior to him coming to Earth.

I hated the entire thing. I won't ride it again because of the Chili Dog. I liked the movie but the ride is like the first 5 minutes of the movie and has almost nothing to do with it :(

It just seems nasty dirty to me. I feel like I need a shower after being in there.
If I never do it again, that's great. It is an incredible waste of the talent and ingenuity we expect from Disney.

I didn't like it. It wasn't scary for me, but I just thought it was stupid. Plus, Stitch "burps" a chili dog and it really smelled like vomit to me. I almost hurled.

As for kids, it really depends on the kid. Most of the kids handled the dark well and only screamed at the scariest parts, but didn't seem to be traumatized afterwards. One kid started really freaking out, though. A CM had to come in and unlock the kid and his mother's shoulder restraints and let them out of the theater. I felt so bad for that kid. He was screaming and crying, but his mom couldn't hold him because of the shoulder restraints.

Overall, I would say it's about like It's Tough to Be a Bug in the scare department except for the added claustrophobia element due to the safety restraints. As for the quality of the show content, meh. I don't plan on going again.

I agree about 2 things that have been said :

1) You should really try it to know if it will be on your must do list in the future.

2) I would not wait in long lines for this attraction. I think it was funny but it miss some Disney Magic...

Agreed. Every attraction needs to be experienced at least once so you can form your own opinion.

Don't worry about long lines. No one wants to go here so we have never seen them.:rotfl2:

For you Stitch fans if you want a great Stitch attraction you need to visit Hong Kong Disneyland someday. They have a Stitch attraction a la Turtle Talk with Crush which is just amazing. My DS19 and I went there last year and had a blast. Stitch even picked him out as "Experiment 627" and kept blaming all of the destruction on him.

Agreed. Every attraction needs to be experienced at least once so you can form your own opinion.

Don't worry about long lines. No one wants to go here so we have never seen them.:rotfl2:

For you Stitch fans if you want a great Stitch attraction you need to visit Hong Kong Disneyland someday. They have a Stitch attraction a la Turtle Talk with Crush which is just amazing. My DS19 and I went there last year and had a blast. Stitch even picked him out as "Experiment 627" and kept blaming all of the destruction on him.

They also have that at Disneyland Paris and I agree it was very cute. I liked it better than the attraction at MK. I wish we could have that instead. That said I don't hate this ride but I don't like it either. When I worked at the MK I did it a few times but I don't like rides that "touch me", like jumping shoulder restraints and breathing on me etc. I really don't like it's tough to be a bug, but if you do that and they are ok with it then Stitch would be fine.

We have always liked it and my kids absolutely LOVE it. It is the first thing my DS wants to ride when in MK. To us it was always cute and funny. We never expected or took it to be scary or thrilling just fun. I understand that it is not for everyone but it's an opinion one should from for themselves based on their own experience. Keep in mind we are huge Stitch fans here.

I'm sorry but I don't enjoy it. I really want to tell you to avoid it. However, since your kids want to see it, it's probably better for you to judge for yourself.

Your kids are older, so the scare factor shouldn't be a problem. But the downside is those harnesses that keep you in your seat. There are periods of darkness where you can hear stitch "running" around the room. This can be unsettling to some. Because of the harnesses, you can't make an exit if one of the kids becomes scared. If this is a concern, I would suggest that one of adults try it first (while the kids are somewhere else) to make a more informed decision.

seems like everyone I've heard from, dislikes it. My kids (ages 5 & 7) would like to see it but the reviews I've seen haven't been good -- scary, dark, crude, smelly, etc.

Not that they'll be rushing to see it but it is on the short list of attractions but should I steer them away?

I didn't care for it, but the rest of the family liked it. The five year old even asked to do it again the next day while the big kids were on Space Mountain.

We finally did it in our last visit and basically wished we could get that 10 Minutes of our lives back. It's not scary for most -- my 4 yr old dd wasn't frightened -- and the smell is a little gross. honestly it's just stupid. In my opinion a complete waste of Disney space. But for sure if your kids want to do it you should. Obviously some people think its great

I have no issues with it. If you're expecting a ride then no, it's not going to be that. It's more of a "show" where you'll get squirted in the face & smell some smoke for a few seconds (if that). People whine on here if there's a pebble out of place on a walkway... it's a little extreme.

I personally really enjoy this attraction at MK. I know (obviously) that what I'm experiencing is identical to every one else on board at that time, but imagination is a beautiful thing, and mine never grew up. Ultimately, if you dig Stitch and his complete lack of social graces, I think you'll enjoy yourself on his "Great Escape".

My DS loved it at 7. Of course, he still thinks human body functions are hysterical at 10. The adults liked it because the kids liked it. I guess it depends on you.

Absolutely hated it! It was disgusting and the biggest waste of time. Stitch burps and blows it on you. Was a bout to vomit myself. If you have manners, you will not enjoy

CraftyMommy said:
My son loves it. He is a typical boy who thinks burps and farts are on the list of funniest things ever. So this attraction is right up his alley. I never thought of Stitch as scary. I never witnessed any crying kids on it. I think its funny, not scary. It reminds me of a mischievous boy who can't help himself. My son loves Stitch and we go on it every time we go to the MK.

A lot of strong smells make me queasy but I can handle the chili burp just fine. If you move your head forwards the smell isn't that strong.

yep and this dad thinks burps and farts are funny too (sometimes)

:rotfl2: No. I haven't been on it due to the You Tube video alone. Unless you want to feel it, just watch it on You Tube (no wait!)

My DS who was 4 at the time hated it! He was terrified. Since he was just at the height requirement the CM had to manually lock him in his seat. He bawled the entire ride. When the lights finally came up we had to wait for everyone to leave before the CM could come and let him out of the seat. It was an awful experience for us. It's no fault of anyone, but we won't be doing it this year. :( I wasn't impressed with the ride anyway so I'm not torn up about it.

I love Stitch, but I hate his attraction. I think I dislike it mostly on principle though. I loved the Alien ride.:lovestruc Loved, loved, loved it. I get that Stitch is more family friendly, but I wish they would bring back the ExtraTERRORestrial ride. Put it in HS or something.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter