Does anyone go to Disney without DH?

I couldn't imagine disney without dh there. That said he is a Disney loving freak and if he was not a disney lover and I knew he would complain and wine the whole time I would leave him home in a heartbeat. I would change a few things if he wasn't coming along- like I would never drive 18 hours with just me and 3 kiddos so I would fly. I just hate to drive and could not handle 18 hours of driving. Maybe I would have more cs meals and less sit down. I definately would not deprive myself and the kiddos of Disney if my spouse did not enjoy it. Are there any other things of interest to him in the Orlando area that maybe he could do while you are at the parks with the kids?

I usually go with my DM because DH is not a Disney person. We are going together for the first time next March.

Nope, not yet. He can continue to come along as long as he doesn't become a party pooper. Besides he's the one that does all the driving! :)

DH loves Disney, but doesn't have a flexible work schedule like I do so he can't just take off a couple of days mid week just to use our APs if a good hotel rate comes out. I arrive on Sunday for a 2 night trip and DH can't go. Instead, I invited 2 of my friends and their kids--just going to be a ladies and kiddo trip this time for F&W and MNSSHP. I have to admit that I'm a little sad that he can't go, but I want to use my AP as much as possible!

Ooooh, don't make me choose...(disney or DH). Just kidding :rolleyes1

I would go without though. He likes it but is not in his blood. My sister and I joke about going every year after our kids are grown. :idea: Maybe 20 years from now we should start a disser mom trip!

traces7 said:
I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one going to WDW without DH! My 7 year old DD and I are going on our first trip without DH in Oct. I was feeling kind of funny about it, everyone seems to think I'm crazy for going without DH.:confused3 He isn't even interested in going and doesn't want to fly. So it will be just DD and I. I'm excited but also getting nervous. Right before I saw this post I was worried that I shouldn't be going on this trip alone with my DD. I kept thinking of all the what ifs (different things that could happen). But after reading all the posts, I'm more excited. I think we will have a wonderful time and have a great experience and I'm so excited! My DH sounds like some of the others, he would just complain and not want to do what we wanted to do anyway!
Now, can anyone give me some tips on traveling alone with your child. I do things with my DD alone all the time, but always close to home. This is our first time away from home together for even just one night! I'm kind of worried about having to carry all the money. Any tips on that? Or any tips in general are appreciated! This is my 1st trip in 20 years to WDW and my DD's 1st trip ever to WDW! :cool1: :bounce: :banana:

If you are staying on-site, there is a safe in the room. I only take what I will need for the day and leave the rest in the safe.

well... my DBF and I went to disney last week... let's just say by the 3rd day (we were there for 9 days), he had had it with visiting the parks. he got up each day just to make me happy but getting up and going to the parks every day just isn't for him. he put a smile on for the pictures, went to where i wanted to go and because of the low crowds and extremely short wait times for rides and character greetings, we had gone through each park 1x each by the 3rd day. so i wanted to revisit each one just to re-ride our favorites, do some shopping, take some more pictures, etc., however, he wasn't too pleased with it so there were 2 days where i just went to downtown disney by myself to look around and buy some things and let him lay in the room and watch tv and go to the pool as he wanted. his idea of a vacation isn't getting up each day and being on his feet the entire day - but that's what ya go to disney for.. i don't go to disney and pay all that money for tickets just to go and sit in our room. i want to get out and see and do things each day and not hang around the resort.. all i wanna do at the resort is sleep!! there's too much to see in the parks!! LOL so next year, just me and my sister are going and this way we can go and shop and do the "girly" things that girls do and not have to worry about "dragging" him around - he's more than welcome to come if he wants, but i'm guessing he probably won't want to.. so now i can't wait to go again.. and the countdown has begun!! :cool1:

Sadly, yes. Dh just does not enjoy travelling the way I do. Our first trip without him was in January 2006. We missed him. However, we do intend to go again in 2007. Our hope is that eventually he will miss us too much to let us go without him. Keeping our fingers crossed.

i don't even have a DH. but i do have a DW! we generally go together and the kids (and sometimes my DSis). i've been to TDL and TDS a few times by myself and had a blast. my DSis (CarolC here on DIS) just went to WDW without her DH.

i really think there must be some weird affliction affecting all of these DHs who don't like to go - especially with their DWs...

Ididn't even read your whole paragraph,I had to reply.
Yes, I'm going on my third trip w/o DH. My kids are 13/16 now. I'm very fortunate to have 2 parents and a sister that go to WDW more often than myself so all I have to do is mention it and a trip is in the works!

GO!!! HAVE FUN!!!! :Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter