Does anyone else love but also hate Expedition Everest?

I'm beginning to have that feeling too. It never bothered me before but I noticed on my last trip that I felt a little "off" when I got off. When I go with my son he can't ride it because he has nerve damage to his spine and it hurts but I rode it one day while he was back at ESPN watching a football game (when Ga. plays it doesn't matter where we are, he has to watch). I got off feeling like "well darn, I used to really love that ride and now I'm not sure if I'll ride it again". I do love it so I'll probably try again, getting old sucks by the way.

I have nothing but love for this ride. DH and ODS tolerate it. YDS will ride it with me as many times as we can get on.

I love seeing icons from the other parks when going up the steep hill in the beginning. I love the speed. I love the theming. I hate feeling like my head is going to disconnect from my body on that really fast backward part and hate the sudden stops. I love going on it two times in a row. I hate when my DS11 wants to go on a third and fourth time!

The only thing I don't love about it is the way it slams on the brakes at the very end before you unload. That jerks my back more than any part of the ride. It reminds me of "The Tooth Chipper" from The Simpsons!

As someone who loves BIIIIG coasters and thrill rides, I find it extremely enjoyable and cant find any negatives with it other than Yeti being immobile. Its a rather tame coaster but just enough of a push on Gs during the backward part to make it pretty exciting. We ride it a ton when we are at WDW. That being said, I understand why for people who dont like extreme coasters it seems extreme and pushes things. But the last thing WDW needed was another tame Mine Train type coaster.

But I looked up a picture of what the inside layout of track looks like and because it's a corkscrew when you go really fast it gives you that feeling of going upside down

Do you remember where you found this info? It would make my DH's day - everytime we get off he goes "i swear it goes upside down!". Me on the other hand, will ride single rider all day. I did 6 times in less than an hour recently. I met a lot of nice odd numbered families :stitch2:

I also love/hate it. The backwards part makes me really queasy. So, I wait for the front. Doesn't bother me much at all in the front. It also gives me a great view out the front, which I love!

I don't like the backwards part either!! Just too long!!! I also feel like I'm going upside down! Haven't ridden in a few years. The last time I got my nerve up first thing in the morning to ride... it was down!

I really enjoy this ride a lot. The going backwards part always gets to me though. I don't know what it is, but it almost gives me a panicky feeling right at the end of being pulled backwards. As someone mentioned before, I wish the backwards part was just a few seconds shorter.

I'm in the only love column... my record is five consecutive rides, before I started to feel like I'd had enough. I have to admit tho, that I was totally fooled by the not really going upside-down part.

I share some common ground with Rebecca Pocahontas-- I love everything about it except how I feel sometimes after I ride it. If I'm not feeling 100% I don't ride. It sure is a great attraction though.:earsboy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter