Does anyone else go alcohol-free in WDW?

My husband doesn't drink at all and I rarely do. When we are on free dining, I will have something here or there during our trip. I had 3 glasses of wine on our last trip over the 10 days we were there. I plan to have a few on our upcoming trip as well.

We are non-drinkers ourselves so I could care less about alcohol being offered.
I know people enjoy it but I just don’t understand the “draw”.
I have plenty of people in my life that love a good drink. I think the drinks are pretty with fun names & that’s where the love affair ends for me. I am often asked to “just try it” or someone will say they will find me something I will love. Meh...
I have seen some drunk people at Disney & I’m not a fan of that at all. It was not the vision that Walt Disney had in mind when he created the ideas for these parks.
That said, times change & it’s available to all of us to choose to imbibe or pass.
I’ll pass & you can imbibe, just don’t get wasted & puke in line please.

Last edited:
Nope. We like wine with dinner and I'm generally far too lazy to make mixed drinks or cocktails at home so I like to try different ones that someone else does for me when I'm on vacation. Also, there are far more different brands and varieties of wine, beer, liquor and liqueurs than I have at home or are available to me at home so it's my opportunity to try them out.

We usually have a few drinks over the course of a Disney trip. We try to go to Trader Sam's at least once a trip and we'll have a drink with dinner here and there, maybe a drink or two around the world showcase.

I also drink because kids. After a few hours wrangling them and their over excitement, momma needs a drink. No shame.
Mother's little helper :tink:
No shame. It's vacation and a drink or two (depending on tolerance) isn't going to incapacitate a parent. Disney does a great job at providing a safe space for families, probably more so than any other destination.

Alcohol sometimes makes me tired, and so while the intention to get a drink is there, the thought of feeling drowsy changes my mind. I did have a drink at a dessert party before and enjoyed it. Coffee is usually my go-to in Disney now. Other people drinking is not a problem, if it doesnt turn them belligerent, but that goes for anywhere not only dis.

I should point out that alcohol has no taste; it's the fermenting with sundry ingredients from which beer, vodka, bourbon, gin, and so emerge. Each tastes differently. You wouldn't say a gin and tonic tastes like a glass of white wine any more than you'd say a cheeseburger and Porterhouse taste the same.

I never drink, at WDW or otherwise. I have never even tasted alcohol. Not a religious view or otherwise, I just never have. My DH will have a drink with dinner when we go. Even if I was a drinker, I probably wouldn't drink if my DH was, just so one of us could be ready with the kids in case of emergency

We drink, it’s a vacation. We however don’t get drinks at QS. We only drink beer or wine with dinner and maybe some more after dinner at a lounge in the resort. It all depends on our mood, the company we are with, plans the next morning etc. Live and let live unless your affecting someone else.

We drink. We drink at home, we drink on vacation. We drink mostly beer when we go out in the evening as we live in a small college town with 3 microbreweries and 2 pubs, but also wine and mixed drinks at home with dinner sometimes or when over friends' homes. While on vacation, we like trying out different mixed drinks. We especially enjoy Nomad Lounge, sitting around having a drink or two, noshing and talking with the bartenders. One of my favorite memories on DD's 21st birthday trip was after a late dinner, she and I sat outside on the Boardwalk, having frozen drinks and watching night settle over the Beach Club, Yacht Club, and Boardwalk. It was a balmy, warm evening and we were tired from a busy day. We quietly chatted as we watched the Friendships shuttle about, resort lights shining on the water. It was a lovely ending to a lovely day.

ETA: When DD was little (and even when she was in high school) if we were going to drink, only one of us, either DH or I, would drink. Someone needs to be aware and responsible in case of emergency!

I should point out that alcohol has no taste; it's the fermenting with sundry ingredients from which beer, vodka, bourbon, gin, and so emerge. Each tastes differently. You wouldn't say a gin and tonic tastes like a glass of white wine any more than you'd say a cheeseburger and Porterhouse taste the same.

It all tastes like burning to me.
giphy.gif

I haven't been since 2017 but when planning for a return trip I have noticed more quick service alcoholic drinks on offer. I am not against alcohol and drink on other vacations but never in WDW.

I am curious about other people's (non-judgemental) views on drinking alcohol in WDW? What do you do and why?
I don't drink at Disney, just because the price, but with it being included with the dining plan I'm sure I will have a glass of wine with dinner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter