Does anyone else get that, you must be crazy look from non DVCers

We have gone to Disney only once per year untill last March, when we bought into DVC. Now we have gone 3 times in the last 12 months- our last trip was the first week of March 07. We stayed two nights at Saratoga, two nights at Boardwalk and four nights at beach club. Before we bought into DVC we would stay at the Moderate resorts, usually Carribean Beach- what a difference! We had so much fun staying at 3 different resorts. As soon as we got back home, I booked again for week after Thanksgiving! That's what I love about DVC- being able to go whenever you want! I think my best friend is jealous now because when she called to find out how my trip went, she sounded irritated when I told her about going again in November. I don't know, maybe we are a little over the top, but who cares, we work very hard all year, why shouldn't we go as much as we can?

I couldn't agree with you more :banana:

We don't even tell people. They'd probably look at us like we've been scammed or lost our marbles. Fine with us 'cause it's better than people bugging to use points or plan vacations for them.:laughing:

We went to Six Flags Atlanta a couple of weekends ago while visiting family on Spring Break. Cost us $250 to get into the park for one day (not including food), and the kids were sick of it by lunchtime. My 4 year old kept asking where the Princesses were and if they came to this "world" when they leave WDW. :rotfl: (DH's answer under his breath: Yes, if they're very bad, St. Peter sends them to this world when they die.)

I just kept thinking--for this amount of money, we could have gone to Disney World. :headache:

MM

Exactly why we are going again in August. AP's already in hand from Feb. and SW Ding fares made it the cheapest option on our list!:thumbsup2

Does anyone else do this? Sometimes I'll be talking to someone and they will ask what travel plans we have for the next year (they know we're retired and can go when and where we want to). I'll say we're going down to Florida a couple of times and also to Hilton Head Island. And then it might get mentioned that we went last year and will go back next year. Inevitably it comes up about where we're staying. Usually I just say we have a timeshare in Florida and another one at Hilton Head. I don't usually go into the details that this is a Disney timeshare, etc. I'm not trying to hide the fact and if the person wants more info. I'll just say it's a timeshare we bought from Disney. But it is sometimes just easier to say Florida or Hilton Head timeshare than have to explain what DVC is. I wonder how many people when they hear the term Disney Vacation Club associate it with a timeshare. I bet most don't until they get into the details.

In three weeks, we're taking our 4th trip to WDW in a year, and as far as some people know, we're just going "away":rolleyes1 . I've learned that sometimes, "the best kept secret..............." truly IS better kept secret! :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter