Does Anyone Else Feel Better Coming Here?

DisDarling

Mouseketeer<br><font color=9966ff>I have yet to co
I have read every single post, all week on anything related to Bawb and the podcast just so I can "feel" a part of this situation. I feel so sad and when I come here and I read what the podcast team posts, and all of you, it makes me feel so much better. Not being able to be there with them today is rough, and trying to explain to the people in my life why I am so sad this week has been even harder, coming to this community to know I am not alone in this grief has been a HUGE comfort. 3:00 rolled around here today and I just shed a tear and smiled, imagining everyone honoring him, whether it be in FL or in the comfort of their homes.

Thanks to everyone for being the comfort that not only Bawb family and friends needed, but for myself and I am sure others, as well.

Missing you Bawb:sad1: ,
Amy P from WI

I have read every single post, all week on anything related to Bawb and the podcast just so I can "feel" a part of this situation. I feel so sad and when I come here and I read what the podcast team posts, and all of you, it makes me feel so much better. Not being able to be there with them today is rough, and trying to explain to the people in my life why I am so sad this week has been even harder, coming to this community to know I am not alone in this grief has been a HUGE comfort. 3:00 rolled around here today and I just shed a tear and smiled, imagining everyone honoring him, whether it be in FL or in the comfort of their homes.

Thanks to everyone for being the comfort that not only Bawb family and friends needed, but for myself and I am sure others, as well.

Missing you Bawb:sad1: ,
Amy P from WI

Nicely stated, being the only DISboard fan in my house, I know exactly what you are saying.........:hug:

I have been coming here reading too
It has been a long sad week for me

first I hear about Bob and then Yesteday a friend of mine here suddenly died of a heart attack yesterday she was 52 and my friends DD who is 6 was diagnosised with lukemia

Reading here even though I haven't posted has helped

:hug: I absolutely agree. DH is not such a huge Disney fan so he just doesn't understand. Coming here is helping me feel I can grieve with a community.

I could not agree more. If I lived anywhere near Florida I would make my way to the meet tomorrow, just because I feel like it helps to be with people who understand. This forum is the next best thing.

--Daneen

Yep, I am definitely in the same boat. It's nice to be able to come on here and be with other people who get it.

Like everyone else on the boards I too am having a very hard time with the news of Bob's departure.

Quite often I feel closer to the podcast team than the folks I interact with everyday. DisUnplugged gets me to work and home everyday.

Whenever such a sad event occurs I have a tendency to retreat from life and suffer through the passing of any of my friends and family.

In this case the boards are my only real outlet since no one IRL "gets" this.

Agreed. DH doesn't "get" it, but he at least understands. When I'm sitting with the laptop in my lap and tears streaming down my face, he leaves me alone and doesn't ask questions. On Monday, he told me he was sorry for my loss. That's the best I could ask for at home, I guess.

I feel alone and I come here and read and re-read. My DH is out of town this weekend so it is me and 2DS home alone, without a car or gas....so they are suffering along with me. We had a dole whip and I let off a balloon for Bob at 3:00.

DS5 told me today he wanted to grow up be like Bob....taking videos in Disney. :) I told him I would be proud.

Then they started to pretend to video tape their toys playing making movies for Bob and the DisUnplugged team....we watched some of Bob on YouTube and enjoyed them.

I keep coming on checking it out and it helps.....guess that was my long rapid fire.

Luckily my DH "gets" it. He took me to the park at 3 and we went for a walk and talked about life and things. Also talked about our trip and having a Dole Whip for Bawb. He was my husbands favorite on the podcast and always cracked up at Bawb. It kind of feels like my Disney Dad has passed away. It just plain sucks. Sorry to be so blunt but that is how I feel. I am happy I have a place to come to and express my thoughts on losing such a great person that I have loved listening to every week.

I looked at the clock, it was 3:10 and tears and sadness filled my heart. Ido find comfort here. Thanks all for being here, when DH just didn't get it

My Dh is very supportive but I still get alot of comfort from the boards. I need to keep up with you all. I felt very sad today, I do feel good knowing that I have alot of friends who feel the same way.

I agree... on a "normal" week I am on here alot... this week I have been more than addicted.. I am always hitting refresh and reading what everyone has to say.... I cannot tell you how many times I have read a post and said... "yea.... I feel that way too"

Thank you all of you for that

This week has certainly seen me here much more often than usual, including (shudder) at work, but since IRL no one can understand, at least I can see I'm not alone.

This week has certainly seen me here much more often than usual, including (shudder) at work, but since IRL no one can understand, at least I can see I'm not alone.

It most definitely helps. I told my sister about Bawb and she said she was sorry, but I know she doesn't understand. Tonight at dinner she said "It is like when Princess Diana died, I was really sad, but I didn't know her." and I just nodded, but I thought, no, it's totally different, but I didn't try to explain it to her because I can't really explain it to myself. At least here, even if I can't exactly express it, I know people understand.

I certainly feel better coming here each day and reading thru the various Bawb posts..

It shows how much he was loved.. :hug:

I too get comfort from coming here and reading everything you are all posting.

I know that I am relatively new here compared to most of you but since I found the podcasts in early Feb I have listened to all the old podcasts right through to the latest, some of them more than once! My DH thinks i'm addicted.....he is probably right! :laughing: I feel like I know each of the crew and am so very sad that as it will never be the same without Bawb.

The podcast team will continue to have my support for the future as I love them all and hope that in time they will be able to laugh and joke in Bob's memory. :grouphug:

I know I'm not a regular poster, so you probably don't know me, but since I found about that Bob passed away, I've needed to read as much as I can about him, read everyone's thoughts and memories. I never met Bob, but I feel like I knew him in a way, you know what I mean? It hit me hard when read that he died, because holy god it was so unexpected. I have a small list of people whom I've never met but would love to be friends with, and Bob was on that list. Pete's another one. It definitely makes it easier to come here and be with the people who knew him and loved him.

Ever since my first online encounter with Bob, I KNEW what kind of a guy he was...he was quirky and fun and compassionate and valued his friends old and new. I just wish I could have met Bob, sat down with him in WDW over a couple of dole whips, and let him do this thing, and his thing was just being Bawb! Pete said there are many unique people, but that Bob was more unique. YES I so agree!

To Pete, Alex, and to Bobs other dear close friends and family, I share your grief with you. The day Bob passed, my brother-in-law also suddenly passed from a heart attack, 59 years old. I never met my BIL, as he lives in the Philippines, but it was still sad. But it was even sadder for me to find out that Bob was gone, as he became a part of my life through these podcasts. I always thought he was wacky, and I loved him for it.

I feel like I'm a better person because of Bob, he taught me to be myself, be free, have fun, don't worry what others think of you in your quirkiness, because it's all good. I feel very emotional today, as I think this was the day he was laid to rest. I hope Bob can see us while he's in heaven, I hope he can see his beloved Disney World, and I know I'll never go to WDW again without thinking of this great example of a human being.

Thinking of you, Bawb.:sad1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter