Dockside Inn and Suites Thread..... FAQ and more.....

Thanks to all the posters for the great info. we're considering adding a night here before our switch to RP, and maybe afterward too.
I was wondering if you had any issues checking into HRH after leaving the first hotel? like did you need to stop at the first desk and make you were checked out, before they let you check into HRH/get the express passes, etc???/ we have always spent the first night nearby, like Holiday Inn, Fairfield, then checked into a Universal hotel, never moved from one Universal to another. And we hope to be at RP as early as possible to get the express passes active.
Thanks, and thanks again for the info
No issues at all. We checked out of Dockside around 10 - headed over to HRH and was checked in and in our room by 11 am. Easy peasy!

I already posted a quick review and just wanted to add to it. We stayed at Dockside for 4 nights, pretty good for a value hotel- loved having the 2 bedroom suite. It was clean, the tm’s were friendly and the food court decent. Downsides were once we texted for towels/toilet paper early afternoon (1pm) then left around 4, came back at 1 am after meetup and had no towels or toilet paper. Second text, about 15 mins later they finally brought it. The other issue is at the park close- buses are behind. The rest of the time they were great but could not keep up with the amt of people at closing. Also housekeeping is noisy, the vibrations come thru the walls/floors when vacuuming. The doors slamming off and on. Thankfully we did not have noisy neighbors.

All that being said, it was still a great hotel, would stay there again just being more prepared on certain aspects of it. Oh and noted that the bedside shelves are TINY - like not even as wide as a standard water bottle in length. It barely fit my husbands cpap machine.

Very excited for my trip in December. Staying at Dockside. Are there any stores or restaurants next door or across the street from the hotel? I know there are grocery delivery services, but I was curious if there was anything within easy walking distance of the resort. Thanks for the help.

Very excited for my trip in December. Staying at Dockside. Are there any stores or restaurants next door or across the street from the hotel? I know there are grocery delivery services, but I was curious if there was anything within easy walking distance of the resort. Thanks for the help.

There’s a Walgreens across the road from Endless Summer that’s a short walk, it’s not huge but it will have most things you’d look for, and plenty of food options close by.

Bring up Google maps and look around that, I find it excellent for having a nosy around areas.

There’s a Walgreens across the road from Endless Summer that’s a short walk, it’s not huge but it will have most things you’d look for, and plenty of food options close by.

Bring up Google maps and look around that, I find it excellent for having a nosy around areas.
Thanks so much.

Can you buy a case of bottled water at the gift shop or food court area? I'm used to doing so at Pop Century and didn't know if this resort offered it as well.

Is there a ticket desk on site? We purchased annual passes (paid in full) but we were not planning on going to the park to activate them until after we check out of Dockside and move to RPR. We have APH rates for Dockside. Will we have to run to the park before we check out of Dockside to activate our AP's?

Is there a ticket desk on site? We purchased annual passes (paid in full) but we were not planning on going to the park to activate them until after we check out of Dockside and move to RPR. We have APH rates for Dockside. Will we have to run to the park before we check out of Dockside to activate our AP's?
They have a ticket desk in the lobby. We booked a cabana at volcano bay there. We have had annual passes printed at the ticket desk pre-pandemic, but maybe someone else can comment if they had theirs activated recently there (since so much is constantly changing!)

Does this resort offer mobile check-in? If so do we receive an email the day prior?

Does this resort offer mobile check-in? If so do we receive an email the day prior?
I just called and a TM told me that mobile check in is randomly selected and also depends on how you book your room. She said this goes for any of their resorts. She did say if you were selected, you’d receive an email the day prior.

Is there a credit card hold on your card at check in? If so, how much? I know disney is $100 for the stay. I can't seem to find out if Dockside has one as well.

Is there a credit card hold on your card at check in? If so, how much? I know disney is $100 for the stay. I can't seem to find out if Dockside has one as well.
I don’t think we had a hold recently, however we were only there one night. Probably best to call them and ask to be sure.

How are the shuttles from the hotel to City Walk
We were there for a night a few weeks ago and we found the bus to Citywalk decent. We rode it around 6pm I think… shortly after we arrived to Dockside. We waited maybe 10/15 minutes for the next bus and were the last ones to be let on. They pack everyone in, including standing. Then we stopped at Surfside and let a few people off (and a few people on). I’m assuming the buses are always shared between Dockside and Surfside. After that it was only a few minutes to Citywalk.

I was pleasantly surprised that right at park closing, there was no line for the bus (I’m used to humongous lines at Disney park closings). We walked right on to a half full bus. From what I’ve heard, they do a pretty good job of having continuous buses to and from the parks at UO.

We will be checking in to Surfside on Wednesday and are very excited. But I have a question in regards to parking there. A friend will be driving us to the resort and will be staying with us for only the first night, so we will only be parking a vehicle for 1 of the 5 days. How do we only get billed for 1 day(not 5) of parking? Do you use your room key to get in and out of the resort parking lot, do you get a parking ticket? Not sure how it works.

Just got back from Surfside & had a great stay. Love the family suites - family of 4 but so nice to have a separate bedroom from the teens! Buses are amazing - so many more than Disney, usually one waiting for you even at park closing w/ no lines, drop-off & pick-up from Surfside first which was also great. And for anyone wondering, gate w/ direct access to I-Drive by foot open 7am-7pm so after than just cut through the parking garage and there's an exit on the far side of the garage & Twistee Treats ice cream is right there to the left along w/ Subway, DQ, Waffle House in addition to KFC & Walgreen's right across the street. There's also a crosswalk at the far side of the parking garage to get across I-Drive if you don't want to brave the walkway at the main intersection by Walgreens. All in all, would stay here again when we come back as we upgraded to APs although we will also do at least one night at Hard Rock, hopefully w/ AP discount to get 2 days of express pass. Will say, this time of year is great time to go, Sat was busy but during the week, waits weren't bad at all. Any questions let me know

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter