Do You Trust the Media?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, I get it. You know more than the police who actually investigated what happened.
You know more than the witnesses there.
You saw a video on the news from the comfort of your couch, and you know she wasn't murdered in that street.
Either you have an amazing ability, or you are a big fan of Alex Jones and people like him.

I didn’t get it from Alex Jones. The videos are all over the internet without going through Alex Jones. I was a witness in a case once, and I learned from being a witness that even though I was there, saw what happened, I still had a few things I didn’t see nor did I have a context. Witnesses can be wrong.

Earlier you said that doctors said she had a heart attack? Which is it?
This started as a discussion about not trusting the media. The argument was the media was keeping facts from being talked about by not reporting more about Heather's weigh and her some saying she had a heart attack.

But now the ME says it wasn't a heart attack. So...is the media still hiding facts? Or is the argument now "well, maybe she wasn't hit by the car!"

The police say she was hit. The media are reporting the fact. The ME says she died of blunt force trauma. The media reported that fact.

EKLA and others can speculate all they want about whether the car actualy hit her. That's what the trial is for. But don't say the media isn't telling the facts.

I trust FOX news the most. They tell news that many other channels for some reason won't report on. I find them more positive where as the other news channels seem so negative and are always looking for the bad in things. So much good and positive going on and they try to degrade everything.

This started as a discussion about not trusting the media. The argument was the media was keeping facts from being talked about by not reporting more about Heather's weigh and her some saying she had a heart attack.

But now the ME says it wasn't a heart attack. So...is the media still hiding facts? Or is the argument now "well, maybe she wasn't hit by the car!"

The police say she was hit. The media are reporting the fact. The ME says she died of blunt force trauma. The media reported that fact.

EKLA and others can speculate all they want about whether the car actualy hit her. That's what the trial is for. But don't say the media isn't telling the facts.

There wasn’t a peaceful protest by either group. The media didn’t report that.

Earlier you said that doctors said she had a heart attack? Which is it?

When a mother says her daughter died of a heart attack, and reported that the doctors told her I tend to believe that. I was wrong and the report from the doctors that just came out today, said blunt force injury to the chest. I also read that the manner Of how she got the injury is in question.

When a mother says her daughter died of a heart attack, and reported that the doctors told her I tend to believe that. I was wrong and the report from the doctors that just came out today, said blunt force injury to the chest. I also read that the manner Of how she got the injury is in question.

Do you have a source? I haven't found anything (on a reputable site) that states that.

My mother-in-law died of heart failure. Of course, she had stage 4 lung cancer. But the heart failure is what actually killed her.

Heather Heyer was hit by a car. But nobody dies from "hit by car". They die of Internal bleeding, or blunt force trauma. Or heart attack.

But you are suggesting not only did her heart kill her , it was because she was overweight and a smoker. You go on to assume that because her mom said she died of a heart attack that she must not have actualy gotten he by the car at all, and therefore the media is lying in order to sew a narrative you don't agree with. A narrative where Neo-Nazis protested the removal of a Confederate statue and ran couter-protesters over with a car.

My mother-in-law died of heart failure, not lung cancer. Therefore she never had lung cancer and smoking didn't give it to her. That's your logic.

Bingo. It's not the fall that kills you. It's the sudden stop at the end that crushes your bones and vital organs. But to claim that death was organ failure would be highly misleading.

I never understood why Russia and China are so afraid of "democracy" All you have to do is control the media and you can get most people to believe anything.

lol... you better be very careful, you are definitely asking for it, what about those leggings?

I want these... saw them on FB and I am hooked... no one would hit me in a car if I was wearing these with my black shirt...

[GALLERY=]
da861a08833bc2f4589b58b4b261079c--steve-buscemi-pants--leggings.jpg
[/GALLERY]
Aren't those the new Lularoe pattern?

I trust FOX news the most. They tell news that many other channels for some reason won't report on. I find them more positive where as the other news channels seem so negative and are always looking for the bad in things. So much good and positive going on and they try to degrade everything.

FOX doesn't hold a candle to Breitbart and the Daily Stormer. Those sites are where the real truth can be heard.

Amen to every point you made. It makes me sad and angry when so many are trying to stop the press. The first thing that goes away in dictatorships in the free press. Let's make sure that doesn't happen here.
Nobody is trying to stop the press! Geeze. They are asking them to be honest. So many of you who are espousing the freedom of the press are also the first to call for gun control. What is one of the first things a Dictator tries to do when taking over? You got it, gun control.

Generally yes, however context is important. Media will likely twist the facts in such a way to fit their own agenda so that's what we all need to watch for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter