Do you think Disney Parks are focusing more on Star Wars and Marvel and focus less on Disney itself?

OP I totally get the frustration. Personally, I have zero interest in super heroes or comics of any kind. Actually, my feelings for them are bordering on some sort of irrational hatred lol. (should probably talk to a professional) And I neither like or dislike Star Wars.

But... I am very much the outlier though. Marvel and Star Wars are super popular right now and are making heaps of money for Disney. Since they own both, it'd be silly for them to not invest in them. Many many people are enjoying these new additions.

And for me, it gives me easy skips in the park. I don't have to bother with anything I don't care for.

Now if Chapek would just give me Kuzco-topia as the 5th gate!! *shakes hands angrily*

They are Disney now.
What would be preferable for them to concentrate on? classic Disney, everything before 1990? does Pixar count? Why just Tinkerbell and princesses? Are the "newer" princesses ok?

I'm waiting for Kuzcotopia too

They are Disney now.
What would be preferable for them to concentrate on? classic Disney, everything before 1990? does Pixar count? Why just Tinkerbell and princesses? Are the "newer" princesses ok?

I'm waiting for Kuzcotopia too
That's a good point! I feel the "right" balance would be different for everyone. Personally, I feel like there is a good balance in the parks at the moment with new vs. old, trendy IP's vs. classics. Just my opinion of course.

I have never understood the Pandora stuff at AK. The hype with Avatar was lost on me, and my husband just didn't have an interest in it. So, if anything feels out of place to me, it's that area. (I've always felt like it belongs more at Universal.) But that being said, I think it's still interesting to walk through, and "Flight of Passage" is my 8 year old's favorite ride, so what do I know? ;)
I totally agree with you. I will never understand why Disney went with Avatar instead of Beastly Kingdom for AK. Beastly Kingdom sounded fantastic and amazing. Also, Disney had to pay money to liscense Avatar. Beastly Kingdom could have used generic creatures they didn't have to liscense (like dragons, unicorns, and other mythical creatures,) or they could have used versions of those characters from thier own movies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter