Do you recommend going through travel agency?

I wanted to sing the praises of Kevin at Dreams Unlimited Travel. Anyone researching travel agents for an ABD will see that he comes highly recommended. I used him for my first ABD to Australia last year, and everything went flawlessly. I'm using him again for my ABD this year to London/Paris. Well, this time there was an issue with ABD and suffice to say that he was tenacious as a pit bull in getting it resolved in my favor. Basically, they promised him something and then said they didn't. He was tireless and worked for over a week to get it fixed. I never even knew there was a problem until he had all of it solved. This is why you use a travel agent, and this is why you use Kevin. Add in the discount that Dreams Unlimited Travel gives you right off the top and it's a no brainer. I couldn't be more happy or recommend him more highly. And this is coming from someone who normally loves to plan her own travel.

We use our regular travel agent. She is good, but her office did not know what to do with the ABD gifts.

Someone else opened the box and thought it was a travel agent gift....and if we did not contact her we probably would not have gotten them. Our names were not anywhere obvious on the package.

We use Tracey with Dreams Unlimited Travel for our 2 ABD (and more coming), many DCL cruises and even one WDW trip that we didn't want to use our DVC points for. DUT is so easy to work with and at least Tracey and Kevin who I have spoken with were wonderful to work with.

Now we just need the 2018 ABD trip dates to be released!

I've booked trips with agent and without. It was very helpful to have the agent for our first trip. She helped makes ADRs fast passes booked magical express and answered any questions. This time I have done all myself without any problems.

I would recommend for first time especially since it's free to use one!

We have only done ABD once (Viva Italia in 2008) and we booked directly with Disney. We planned to arrive a day early and stay a day later than the adventure. Disney arranged our extra days at the hotels as well as our airport transfers for both early arrival and late departure. They allowed me to choose our own airline and flight and provide them with the flight details so that they could do the booking. In 2008 if flights changed or cancelled, Disney would rebook for us and not charge a fee. I do not know if these are still valid considerations for guests, but we will know within a couple of months. We plan to take another Italian ABD in July 2018 with our children and grandchildren.

We have only done ABD once (Viva Italia in 2008) and we booked directly with Disney. We planned to arrive a day early and stay a day later than the adventure. Disney arranged our extra days at the hotels as well as our airport transfers for both early arrival and late departure. They allowed me to choose our own airline and flight and provide them with the flight details so that they could do the booking. In 2008 if flights changed or cancelled, Disney would rebook for us and not charge a fee. I do not know if these are still valid considerations for guests, but we will know within a couple of months. We plan to take another Italian ABD in July 2018 with our children and grandchildren.
This is still true.

Sayhello

I have booked directly with ABD and used multiple travel agents. Kevin at DU is amazing. I had one travel agent prior to him who specialized in Disney trips, but she was horrible. I wouldn't recommend her or her agency to anyone. Just making basic reservations was a horrible experience. And working directly with ABD was also a unique challenge, but that was also several years ago. They may have improved since then.

So I suggest using Dreams Unlimited. It is the only travel agency I would recommend.

We have done both ways. When I booked directly with ABD I was fortunate enough to have a Vacationista from our little town of Pensacola whose mother works in a well known store across the street from me :) Since I knew that wouldn't always happen (and I don't love staying on hold) I booked our current trip with DU and have no regrets. I really appreciate the ease of payment making, the early booking discount, etc.

Another vote for DU, Kevin is my agent too. I plan to stick with them if I ever make it on the China Trip.

We use Sandy Bevolo at Small World. She is seriously AWESOME. I gained an even bigger appreciation for her when we had to use someone else for a nonDisney booking. She goes above and beyond. Highly recommend!

I think using a Travel Agent is the best of both worlds with ABD. Just be sure to find one that is very familiar with Adventures by Disney but also can book trips worldwide so they can help you with pre/post trip planning, airfare (there are sometimes ways to get great pricing on air, especially business class), travel insurance options, etc. When you use your travel agent to develop a relationship/ partnership rather than just as an order taker, it is a great experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter