Do you re-use your bath towels?

zokaluse said:
We each have our own towels & they get used 3 times at least before they go in the wash .. We each dry off with a wrung out damp flannel all over before wrapping the towel around & getting out of the bath/shower. The flannels go on
the bathroom radiator after rinsing in hot water & are dry within an hour to be used the next day for the same. Face cloths for the kids (we don't use them) get the dame treatment! Swimming towels get used once then washed!!
When we were 3 It was new towel after every shower/ bath, new flannel every day, new facecloth every day... Then we became 4!
I change the beds once a week or rather dh2b does as that's his job!

What' s a flannel? Just out of curiosity.

Towels - washed every use.
Pajamas - every use.
Sheets - twice a week.

We do a ton of laundry. But I am kind of weird about it, so I want it that way.

tzolkin said:
We also sleep naked but we reuse towels.

OMG... what if I move around at night and my face touches a part of the sheets that was on DH's privates. :upsidedow

Great. Now I'm not going to be able to sleep for worrying my face will brush up against a privates-contaminated part of the bed. Gotta' go wash the sheets again! Thanks! ;)

sookie said:
Towels - washed every use.
Pajamas - every use.
Sheets - twice a week.

We do a ton of laundry. But I am kind of weird about it, so I want it that way.

WOW! That's a ton of laundry!

I don't sweat at all at night, im always cold. So i wash my pjs once or twice a week. Towels once a week. Sheets once a week.

Great. Now I'm not going to be able to sleep for worrying my face will brush up against a privates-contaminated part of the bed. Gotta' go wash the sheets again! Thanks! ;)

You are welcome. :rotfl:

Just had to feed into the paranoia.

My mother (on meds and having less issues with OCD) recently mentioned that she still must wash their sheets at least every other day so they are fresh enough because after all these years of obsessive cleaning that's what she and my dad are used to. (They both bathe before bed and wear pajamas.) I told her to buy a bottle of Febreze and he would never know the difference. :rolleyes1

Only on the DIS will a person find a 13 page thread about how often people wash their towels.

We have a well for water. The question is not how much we are willing to spend on water ($), the question is how much water do we have.

Having grown up with a well, I never knew people washed towels after every use. The concept of using one towel for hair and one for body was foreign too. We use 1 towel per shower, and throw the towels on the laundry pile 1-2x/week. PJs get worn for 2 nights (I shower before bed, so I'm clean when I put the pjs on), and sheets get washed every week-ish.

That is so true. I grew up with well water. I sure shower & do laundry more frequently than my parents do. You can't get some people to shower daily. Just saying.

I know it is a generation thing too. They were not raised to shower daily. They just wash up using the sink daily. And shower weekly. As soon as I became a teen, I started showering daily. My dad was always yelling about using too much (well) water. Still does. They don't even have a dishwasher because he says it uses too much water.

We re-use our towels a couple of times before washing, around 2-3 times.

I mostly just dry my arms and legs, swipe my back and then put on a terry cloth robe to absorb the rest of the moisture. Then I wrap the towel around my head. Not to be gross, but I don't really get the towel up into private places :rolleyes: so that is not an issue. If you wash properly you shouldn't have to worry about any part of your body touching your towel.

I use baby powder before I get dressed to make sure my underwear doesn't stick to me :cool2:

Sheets get changed once a week, pj's are worn once or twice. DH showers twice a day, in the morning and before bed. I showered twice a day when I was working, now that I'm home I shower in the late afternoon. The idea of going to bed dirty grosses me out, my mother insisted on clean feet at all times, lol!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter