Do you own a gun?

Do you own a gun?

• No and I never have

• No, but I have in the past (or family did growing up)

• Yes, one

• Yes, several

• Yes and my family growing up did too

• Other (there's always an other)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Yes.
DH has a shotgun and two revolvers. (sorry, I put pistols, but they are revolvers) He does "cowboy" shooting, hence the revolvers. He also has 8 or so Airsoft guns, ranging from pistols to sniper rifles. Those things look very realistic. He used to play on the weekends, with other adults, out in the desert (in Vegas) and then later, in the swamp/woods (FL).

I have a handgun.

DS has a .22 rifle. He started with a Daisy Red Ryder air rifle and no, he did not put his eye out. :laughing:

We've all taken safety courses at the gun range we joined. All the guns (except the air soft/RR) are in locked boxes in a gun safe, unloaded. Ammo and cartridges/magazines are in another locked box in the safe.

Can't get any more ammo for it right now, though, so we haven't been shooting. All the sporting goods stores and Walmarts are staying empty. One employee told us that there are a couple of people that come in every day, and as soon as they put it out on the shelves, someone is buying it up!
DH found some at Shooters, but their current rule is "to buy ammo, you must buy a gun" and you can only buy 2 boxes! :furious: They are the only place in town with ammo!

For those who think that the only way to protect people is to get rid of "assault" weapons, watch this kid. He beats the "assault" weapon with a rifle.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5PLnlRVqKQ

This kid shoots cowboy shooting, and was beating adults--competing as a kid. So, the adults changed the rules so he couldn't compete against them as a kid. Sooooo...he shoots as an adult. And beats them.

I voted 'Other'...

I do not own a gun but I want one.

I want to learn how to safely operate a gun and feel comfortable using one and keep it locked in a safe at home. Unfortunately, I feel less safe as the years go by. I'm only 28.

Yes.

My dad always had a gun in the house as he was a police officer. I was taught about them very early on and never thought of them as a toy. I now have my own.

I chose no, never have in the poll...but that's not totally right.

We have a very old rifle or shotgun (I haven't looked at in many years) that my dad passed on to DS before dad died. It had been his grandfathers. Dad used it to hunt small game when he was young on the farm. It's in multiple pieces hidden around the house and we have no amo. I cherish this item coming from our Appalachian roots.

But I recently fired a handgun for the first time and enjoyed it. It was something I always wanted to try. We plan on purchasing a handgun in the very, very near future. For both target practice and protection.

[QUOTE/]
Are you sure you have enough to hold the Zombie horde off until those with reservation show up to bunker down with you and ride out the Zombie apocalypse. [/QUOTE]

No...but I have been considering a flame thrower. :scratchin

I grew up with shotguns, rifles and handguns. Later I was a police officer and owned several handguns of my own and never ever left home without one. Now I'm retired and feel no need to own one.

No, but it's very unusual in my country to own a gun, I don't know anybody who does. I wouldn't even know how to obtain a permit and I think it's very hard to get one.

More or less the same here for me in my 2 European countries.
I think my granddad had one for potting rabbits and I knew military who had them obviously in their job but no civilians

I had a handgun when I lived on my own. I got rid of it when DS was about to be born. I didn't really feel like I needed it any more.

I personally do not. My DH does. I think he has one. It is locked up. He likes to target shoot. He has a permit to carry concealed. He has had it for YEARS. Since before we got married, and we will be married 20 years this year.

Of course- this is Texas!

And so do my mom, my sister, my brother, my nieces and nephews, my cousins...

Deer rifle
Elk rifle
Shotgun
2 .22 rifles
.22 pistol

DD12 and I hunt, DW and DD7 plan to start hunting eventually. I'd like to get a large caliber revolver for deer hunting/protection in bear country. Would also like a defensive handgun, but really can't justify the expense.

Yes, Remington 870. Beautiful gun, but I am going to get a revolver and obtain my CWP. My son became interested in guns at an early age, and we always follow gun safety rules in our house. He's a young police officer now, an excellent shot and often top gun in qualifications. Our officers also carry AR-15s (those who qualify). He has no problem with non-criminals owning guns as long as they are educated about guns and safety.

We don't own any and never will.

However I grew up in a family of hunters. We never had pistol style guns but all kinds of shotguns and BB guns. My "responsible" older brothers who had done gun safety classes and had many hunting trips were playing with their BB guns and I was walking home from the neighbors. One dared the other he couldn't hit me, so of course he tried and actually hit me in the leg! It didn't do any damage of course, but I sure played it up for the drama factor at the time!

Never owned a gun. My employer provided one when I was in law enforcement.

Yes, several. My sons compete and we all enjoy target shooting. 3 boys hunt, the others don't. It works for us. And no one has been shot yet.

The most cynical, paranoid part of me says that the gun and weapon manufacturers jumped all over this latest tragedy and at least rented enough key folks to make gun control a big issue again, because they are certainly making out like bandits.

It wasn't the gun manufacturers who tried to use the Sandy Hook murders to their advantage. Should those who did so achieve their objectives, the gun manufacturers would not gain anything and would lose.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter