Do you own a gun?

Do you own a gun?

• No and I never have

• No, but I have in the past (or family did growing up)

• Yes, one

• Yes, several

• Yes and my family growing up did too

• Other (there's always an other)

Results are only viewable after voting.
I voted 'Yes, several', but that's only because we inherited some rifles & shotguns from my FiL. We have no ammunition for them. They are on a top shelf in the master bedroom closet.

AFAIK, our kids don't even know we have them.

What I don't get is why is all the handgun ammo is being scarfed up? I went to get target rounds and the shelves at three stores were empty of handgun target rounds. Ironically they had plenty of the ammo (.223) that goes into most assault type rifles. :confused3

I went with "other". I don't personally own any, but I live with my DB and he does, so they are in my home. We have a pistol, two rifles, and a shotgun. We go to ranges, and he hunts. I know how to and have used them all. No kids.

Don't own one now. Dad was a cop so there was one in the house when we were growing up.
Truthfully, I never paid much attention to it nor did I give it much thought. It was part of dad's uniform. Neither my brother nor I ever concerned ourselves with it.

I don't like them in the house, but yes we have a few family guns stored at my parents in a gun safe.

Some of the country's biggest gun manufacturers are right there in connecticut. Marlin, Ruger, Colt.

I have several guns, Im sure all my neighbors know, Im not discreet at all, I throw blanks in the garbage can so the garbage man knows. The mailman delivers tons of gun related mail to me so Im sure he knows.

What I don't get is why is all the handgun ammo is being scarfed up? I went to get target rounds and the shelves at three stores were empty of handgun target rounds. Ironically they had plenty of the ammo (.223) that goes into most assault type rifles. :confused3

Prices are going to be going up.

Kae

Might I just congratulate posters on this thread thus far for not letting the thread descend into a political debate? It's pleasantly unbiased at the moment and long may it stay this way :)

My dh owns a couple (one inherited and one given to him when he was around 10). We don't own any ammo though and I can't say I have ever seen the guns, but I know they are there.

My favorite story that my dh's grandmother tells is how her husband, a police officer, came home one day and laid his service revolver on the kitchen counter. Her mother was living with them at the time and saw the gun. Thinking it was one of the kids' toys (this was back in the 50's) she picked it up and shot a hole through their china cabinet and every linen table cloth they owned.

Yes we own now and I grew up having guns around! We just knew to never touch them. I remember my BFF growing up her dad was a constable and his gun was always laying out on kitchen table. Never thoughtabout it I was brought up to never touch something that wasn't mine.

I did a little experiment with my kids when they were very small I just laid the gun on the living room floor (made double sure it wasn't loaded) and they all came immediately and told me about it.....so I think I taught them right!

Other
I don't own one myself, but DH has to have one for work (couldn't find the cop smilie).

We have one gun in the house. It is not for protection. I would rather we didn't have it, but my husband has been shooting since college (ROTC) and it isn't something he wants to part with. It is locked in a gun safe in the top of a closet. He is in the military and shoots at the range every once in a while. The ammo is kept in a separate location.

Our kids (5 and almost 4) do not know yet. That is a conversation that we probably should have had already but we will have soon. Even if you don't own guns, all kids should know about gun safety. You never know how guns are kept in their friends' houses (we will be the parents to ask, but you can never be certain). They need to know what to do.

My family has always owned guns. My uncle was a gun dealer for a long time. He is an avid hunter. My cousins were shooting from a young age. My brother has a cc and several guns. My BIL has guns.

We had guns in the house growing up. They were kept unlocked in the top of a hall closet and we never had a discussion on gun safety. Stupid.

I don't, but DH does. I don't know where the key to the gun safe is, though. They're all black-powder.

DH has several. I enjoy shooting but don't have a gun of my own yet. Probably will eventually. DH has his concealed permit, but I don't really care to do that. He carries all the time, and if he can't he feels naked without it. He is a hunter, and enjoys just target practicing too. He's made a nice target range at our place up north.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter