Do you make dining requests??

kkayluvsdis

DIS Veteran
Hi DISers,
Just wondering if when booking you make any dining requests?

-certain dining rotation?
-certain location in the dining rooms?
-certain serving team?

We just came home from our first ever cruise (4 nights on the Dream) and we have booked a 7-night on the Fantasy for a year from now. We had just "so-so" experiences in the Main Dining Rooms and are looking for advise from the experts! I know there are no guarantees, but was just curious about other opinions/experiences.

Thanks so much!

-Kelly

Only thing I've requested so far was rotation. That helped a lot because I was in animators palette during pirate night. It also made planning Remy and other things easier.

We ask for a table to ourselves. We aren't necessarily antisocial, but my husband travels a lot for his job and when we are on vacation we prefer to just hang out as a family. We have only asked for particular servers once and that was on our last cruise. Our server was no longer on the Magic, but we were able to have the same assistant server from our prior cruise. It was so much fun catching up with her (miss you Amphie!!!). We have never asked for a particular rotation, but I think it would be helpful for planning Palo and Remy as the PP mentioned. Some people seem to prefer a particular restaurant so they will ask for a rotation that gets you in that one more often, but honestly we've never really cared about that.

As you noted, Disney will tell you that all requests are just that - a request and they won't guarantee you anything. We have always had ours granted, however and reading these boards it seems that Disney really tries to make it happen. I think it helps if you only ask for one or maybe two things. Ask for too much and it's harder for Disney to make it all work out for you.

We requested rotation on our upcoming cruise (want to be in Royal Court for formal night), this is our 1st time requesting anything. We never knew that you could ask to be seated by ourselves our 1st couple of cruises, and then we switched to Concierge where that is the norm so it is a non-issue now.

We've asked for a table for just our family. Like others have said, we're not antisocial but it's a family vacation and we want to spend time together. We've also requested specific rotations so as to be in the "fancier" restaurant on formal night. I know that's not fro everyone but it's what we like to do.

When you put in the dining request, DCL makes certain to tell you that it's ONLY a request and they can't guarantee it.

We loved our service team on the Wonder and we did request them on our following Wonder sailing. It was nice that we had them again, and I think it made them feel good that we enjoyed them so much that we wanted them again.

Hi DISers,
Just wondering if when booking you make any dining requests?

-certain dining rotation?
-certain location in the dining rooms?
-certain serving team?

We just came home from our first ever cruise (4 nights on the Dream) and we have booked a 7-night on the Fantasy for a year from now. We had just "so-so" experiences in the Main Dining Rooms and are looking for advise from the experts! I know there are no guarantees, but was just curious about other opinions/experiences.

Thanks so much!

-Kelly

For the past two cruises we have requested a specific server. He is simply the best and we've grown quite fond of him. His presence absolutely enhances the experience, and we time our cruise when he's on contract so we know he'll be available. Alas, we just found out that he's being bumped up to Remy (happy for him!) so we'll need to find someone new.

Only thing I've requested so far was rotation. That helped a lot because I was in animators palette during pirate night. It also made planning Remy and other things easier.

Can I ask why dining at Animators Palette on Pirate night is preferable? Sorry in advance for my ignorance! Still learning the ins and outs of DCL! :)

We requested rotation on our upcoming cruise (want to be in Royal Court for formal night), this is our 1st time requesting anything. We never knew that you could ask to be seated by ourselves our 1st couple of cruises, and then we switched to Concierge where that is the norm so it is a non-issue now.

We've asked for a table for just our family. Like others have said, we're not antisocial but it's a family vacation and we want to spend time together. We've also requested specific rotations so as to be in the "fancier" restaurant on formal night. I know that's not fro everyone but it's what we like to do.

When you put in the dining request, DCL makes certain to tell you that it's ONLY a request and they can't guarantee it.

For those of you who request a certain dining rotation..do you request the entire 7-nights or just say, "can we have _____on night # _____"??

our request is TO BE seated with other people / families. We usually are doing the same thing all day long, and we like to hear other peoples experiences.

Some of our table mates have been GREAT, others good, some just OK. A couple of times there has been a language barrier, but have been able to work around / through that issue. When it's been "just us" ====> BORING!!

For those of you who request a certain dining rotation..do you request the entire 7-nights or just say, "can we have _____on night # _____"??

I've always requested a specific rotation, but since I've been advised they may not take requests any longer , I'm going to instead figure out another way to ask to be in a specific restaurant on a specific night and I'll see if that works.

Only thing I ask for is a private table for our family. My DS is autistic so it's just easier for us not to have table mates.

I have asthma so it is always an issue if our table-mates wear cologne or smoke. We would like to socialize with others during dinner but breathing takes top priority. I wonder if I could put in a request for table-mates who do not wear cologne or smoke. :scratchin Just kidding, not about the asthma but about asking for table-mates who do not wear cologne....

Where do I go to make these types of request? The only dining preference options I see are Main or Second Seating.

LAX

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter