Do you like the Fastpass+ system?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney is the worst destination if you are going for nothing but rides. With or without FP+, FP, etc. It's not known for rides. It's known for details. That is what you are paying for. The details that are Disney. Rides are almost 2nd place. If you remove their details you have a pretty disappointing ride. You can save yourself a whole lot of money and go to a park that IS known for rides and doesn't put much in the way of details in the park at all.

Going for rides doesn't mean going for thrill type rides. I go to Disney mainly for the rides, but Cedar Point or Six Flags wouldn't satisfy that desire for me because those aren't the types of rides that interest me.

Going for rides doesn't mean going for thrill type rides. I go to Disney mainly for the rides, but Cedar Point or Six Flags wouldn't satisfy that desire for me because those aren't the types of rides that interest me.

Same here!

It really isn't pure luck. The Disneyland app lists the return times being currently distributed by the FP machines. If one really wanted to have a night time FP, just look at the app every interval you decide (whether that's 30 min, 15, whatever you decide). Not saying that's not effort (it is), but it's not pure luck. We managed to pull nighttime FPs specifically when we were there, and we weren't checking our phones. Just happened to look while we were eating at Pacific Wharf. Saw a nighttime return time, and decided to go get them.

Totally agree. If it's "pure luck," then I got lucky pretty much every day/night of my previous trips when FP- existed.

Have to agree again. In fact, I would state just the opposite as the person you responded to. "Disney is the best destination if you're going for nothing but rides." Where else would one go? Six Flags is trash. Universal is kinda cool but mostly simulator type rides. There are a few other cool places in the states but sorry, nothing compares to the rides at Disney. They are fun and satisfying. Other parks may have more thrilling rides but once the thrill is over, what's left? At Disney, the memories of the rides stick with me and are AWESOME memories.

Why did you have to make trips back to see if they were distributing FPs yet? The Disneyland app has this information in the app. There's no need to physically go to the kiosk to see if (or what time) FPs are being distributed.

Ok - so say I used the app and saw that FP were being distributed. So wherever I was in the world at that time, I would have to walk back to that kiosk to get the FP. Or keep checking to see what time slots it was currently distributing and then walk back to the kiosk to get the FP slot I wanted regardless of what else I was doing at the time. No thanks.

Ok - so say I used the app and saw that FP were being distributed. So wherever I was in the world at that time, I would have to walk back to that kiosk to get the FP. Or keep checking to see what time slots it was currently distributing and then walk back to the kiosk to get the FP slot I wanted regardless of what else I was doing at the time. No thanks.

So say that you want a Peter Pan FP under the old system. Yes you have to walk back there but at least you get the FP.

Under the new system, it's very unlikely you will find a Peter Pan FP+ available on your phone.

So tell me how the new system is better?

So say that you want a Peter Pan FP under the old system. Yes you have to walk back there but at least you get the FP.

Under the new system, it's very unlikely you will find a Peter Pan FP+ available on your phone.

Per TouringPlans, there was availability as of about 45 minutes ago, at 4 in the afternoon. I don't know if that's true, as I don't have an active ticket media, but someone could verify.

The point being, it's easy for both sides of the discussion to exaggerate and pretend that the worst case scenario is the average situation. There absolutely are a couple of rides that you will almost never get on the same day (7DMT & FEA). So you rope drop those, if possible, or ride them at park close. Everything else, you can probably make work. It's just a matter of operating within the confines of the current system, as best you can. And, ultimately, a person's preference is just that - a preference - not proof that one system is objectively "better" or "worse" than the other.

Attachments

• IMG_6198.jpg
    IMG_6198.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 5
That's fine, but that's different than *having to walk back to the kiosks to check the time's being distributed,* which is what I was responding to. We don't find the walking to be an issue because if dlr's much smaller footprint. We just check out other rides in that area after getting the fp. We don't criss cross just for a fp.

And, fwow, the issue you state in this quote above won't be one once they begin the "MaxPass" program they announced earlier this year, which would allow you to see and pick up fps through the app (for 10$/day per person). The program is an upcharge, not a replacement, to legacy fp.

If Peter Pan is a top priority, I book it in advance.

Per TouringPlans, there was availability as of about 45 minutes ago. I don't know if that's true, as I don't have an active ticket media, but someone could verify.

The point being, it's easy for both sides of the discussion to exaggerate and pretend that the worst case scenario is the average situation. There absolutely are a couple of rides that you will almost never get on the same day (7DMT & FEA). So you rope drop those, if possible, or ride them at park close. Everything else, you can probably make work. It's just a matter of operating within the confines of the current system, as best you can. And, ultimately, a person's preference is just that - a preference - not proof that one system is objectively "better" or "worse" than the other.

Well someone earlier was claiming that it was "pure luck" to find an evening FP under the legacy system. I would argue finding that FP+ for a ride like Peter Pan on the day of is pure luck.
If Peter Pan is a top priority, I book it in advance.

And under the old system, I didn't have to book it, I just went and got one.

Well someone earlier was claiming that it was "pure luck" to find an evening FP under the legacy system. I would argue finding that FP+ for a ride like Peter Pan on the day of is pure luck.

And under the old system, I didn't have to book it, I just went and got one.
If they weren't gone. How many times did PP have FP left in the afternoon?

With FP+, most all the time there are.
One can argue the reason is they provide considerably more FP+ than they did FP, and that is true. And that does come at the expense of stand by, not arguing that either. But the fact is, there are more FP with the new system and for all but 2 or 3 rides, you can get them same day. You hate it, fine. There are lots of ways it is better and a few ways it's not.

If they weren't gone. How many times did PP have FP left in the afternoon?

Quite often actually. PP isn't TSM.

With FP+, most all the time there are.
One can argue the reason is they provide considerably more FP+ than they did FP, and that is true. And that does come at the expense of stand by, not arguing that either. But the fact is, there are more FP with the new system and for all but 2 or 3 rides, you can get them same day. You hate it, fine. There are lots of ways it is better and a few ways it's not.

I do. The thread subject is asking "Do you like the FP system." So I came here to say I certainly do not.

But the fact is, there are more FP with the new system and for all but 2 or 3 rides, you can get them same day
This where the whole different experiences thing comes in. I don't doubt that this was your experience, but it certainly wasn't ours when we tried FP+ in 2014. Perhaps it's better now, but we had significant issues with same day availability then.

This where the whole different experiences thing comes in. I don't doubt that this was your experience, but it certainly wasn't ours when we tried FP+ in 2014. Perhaps it's better now, but we had significant issues with same day availability then.

Agreed. And I get the feeling a lot of people are happy to get a FP+ for Small World where others only try for rides like 7D, PP, Soarin

Agreed. And I get the feeling a lot of people are happy to get a FP+ for Small World where others only try for rides like 7D, PP, Soarin
In my case you would be 100% incorrect. I don't FP rides with no waits. Even if they are there.
I checked when I posted at 6:00 today and at that time I could get 2 FP for all rides except 7DMT for that day at MK. Every ride. We did not find FP for every ride by 6:00 PM when we were pulling paper FP

It may not be fair to evaluate a FP system today if you haven't used it since 2014, or since they put the ability to get FP on the phone vs a kiosk. Evaluate as it is today vs. how it was. To be fair. Then go back to hating it.

It may not be fair to evaluate a FP system today if you haven't used it since 2014, or since they put the ability to get FP on the phone vs a kiosk. Evaluate as it is today vs. how it was. To be fair. Then go back to hating it.

So, I do nothing but politely acknowledge your experience - no debate, no qualifications on your experiences with the system - and yet the response is that my feelings on *my personal experience* may not be "fair" because they are from 2014? I even acknowledged that it could be different now, but that my personal experience was not what you described. I did not invalidate your personal experience that way, i would appreciate the same in return.

I will re-evaluate the wdw system on its current merits whenever we next visit wdw and I experience it myself again, not based on Internet reports. For the moment, our family prefers DLR for a multitude of reasons. Legacy is one of them, but there are many other reasons that DLR is a better experience *for us* right now.

I will re-evaluate the wdw system on its current merits whenever we next visit wdw and I experience it myself again, not based on Internet reports. For the moment, our family prefers DLR for a multitude of reasons. Legacy is one of them, but there are many other reasons that DLR is a better experience *for us* right now.

I feel like you and I are typing the same thoughts on the same keyboard. You're making way too much sense Ariel ;)

Having taken multiple trips under the new system where you can use your phone for the 4th FP we've rarely found anything worth going nuts over. Of course we get them for JC and HM so we aren't waiting 45 min for things that never needed FP before.

The fact that there is tiering and they added FP+ to things like Imagination pretty much sums up the flawed design of the program.

I know people complained about hoarders under the old system but that has nothing on the manipulation of the current system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter