• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do you like the Fastpass+ system?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my case you would be 100% incorrect. I don't FP rides with no waits. Even if they are there.
I checked when I posted at 6:00 today and at that time I could get 2 FP for all rides except 7DMT for that day at MK. Every ride. We did not find FP for every ride by 6:00 PM when we were pulling paper FP

It may not be fair to evaluate a FP system today if you haven't used it since 2014, or since they put the ability to get FP on the phone vs a kiosk. Evaluate as it is today vs. how it was. To be fair. Then go back to hating it.

I was at WDW on December 17, 2016, and also when FP+ was first implemented. The system did not work any better for my family in 2016 than 2 or 3 years before. We tried to book 7DMT a full 30 days before our MK day (we stayed offsite that trip, so the even more ridiculous 60 days of pre-planning rides was not an option for us), and it was not available at all. The entire day. Of course it never had FP+ availability the day we were actually there, and standby waits were never less than 70 minutes. The entire day. If 7DMT had been around during legacy FP, you can bet we would have gotten to MK early enough to grab FP's for it.

FP+ has created longer standby wait times, has created wait times for rides which were formerly walk-ons, and, because of the 30-day/60-day booking windows, has created a dichotomy in park experiences between onsite and offsite guests, with which I personally have a big problem.

Compared to all that, the ability to get 4th and later FP+'s on the app versus kiosks is lipstick on a pig, IMO.

Last edited:
I think it's a great system on Disney's end. They get to spread the crowds through all the rides, instead of everyone striving just for the headliners. They know how busy things are, and where the slowest and busiest lines are. Therefore they have more data to give us a better customer experience.

However.... there is no use complaining about how one misses "pre-FastPass" or the paper system because it's not going to change back. I think they will stick with this digital FP+ system and refine it even further. So one really DOES have to learn how to work the system. If that means that one wants to choose SDFP+ well, right now, Disney KNOWS it's a loophole, it's a loophole that they can either close or monitor the guests' usage. I don't know if it creates any kind of issue within the FP+ system - if it doesn't, then it's likely to stay as a "shades of TOS grey" option. When it starts to impact Disney's bottom line, then I am sure they will do something to change the current status of the system.

Of course now Disney is trying all this up-sell stuff, like paying hundreds of dollars a head to guarantee you can walk onto the headliner rides with the VIP experiences and creating Extra Magic Hours for them, etc. Which honestly reminds me of back WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY in the day when the tickets were Categories - A, B, C, D, and E Tickets. ;) So in the very broad spectrum of the biggest picture possible... I don't think things have changed THAT much.!

It's funny that we used to commend Disney for replacing an attraction that was underperforming or dated. Now people commend them for creating a system that pushes people to to those attractions.

I know people complained about hoarders under the old system but that has nothing on the manipulation of the current system.

This x1000. I'm not allowed to post in that thread anymore but Disney has added a lot of new language and rules that pretty much stops that entire "loop hole". At least as I read it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter