Do you know your blood type?

Do you know your blood type?

• yes

• no

Results are only viewable after voting.
AB+. I needed two units recently, one came from an A donor one from a B. Weird.

I knew because I had been a donor.

I see that people are posting that they're CMV-. I've had CMV. Does that mean I can no longer donate blood?

A- and frequent plasma / platelet donor

The CMV- status just means that thier blood will be directed to preemies, leukaemia patients and others who are immuno compromised

I'm O+, DS1 is O+, DS2 is O-.

I simple way to talk about A, B, O types...

Each is a little protein that is part of your blood. A type has the A protein, B type the B protein, AB has both the A and B proteins, and O has no proteins. Since O has no proteins, it can go to any of the other types. Just like A or B can go to an AB person, since they have both the proteins. Not exactly a scientific explanation, but you get the jist of it.

At one point I used to know all this stuff, but I haven't used my (useless) Biology degree in some time being a SAHM :rotfl2:

I'm O+, DH is A+, 2 of my kids are A-, and one kid we don't know her blood type. I was surprised by this, because I had assumed 2 + parents would have + kids, but I was wrong!

Just want to say thank you to all the donors posting!!! I had to have platelets when DS was born due to a clotting problem, and you are really appreciated!

I voted earlier on...O neg.

My brother is on Flight for Life helicopter in McHenry...they had a 25 year open house, dedication of their new helicopters, and blood drive.

I hadnt given since high school. (1985!!)

Funny story:
Can I say, they loved me!! The one woman wanted to "just hook me up in the helicopter so I was always there" the other wanted to just touch me. She said "can I just touch you? Ive never touched a real live O negative!!" Kinda funny!!

So, I was very amused!!

I wanted to say thank you to the donors as well. I have a friend who was in a car accident and had to have a transfusion.
I try to donate but sometimes I can and sometimes I can't. Half the time I go in, I get told I have anemia.

O-, as is my dad, one of my brothers, my ex-dh, my two eldest kids. However, my dh is not, he is one of the +'s...so after three miscarriages and subsequent anmio when pregnant with dd, I had my share of rhogam shots...yuck. Dd is also postive I just can't remember which. But, I can give blood to both of them in need be.
BUT...after decades of giving blood, it looks like I may have to stop. It seems the Red Cross has massacred my veins. Twice I've been to the hosptal to have tests done, and when they have tried to take blood, found it very hard to get a 'good' vein. That was never the case with me. I may just give platelets from now on though.

O+

Just came across the stickie I wrote it on when they tested it during my pregnancy.

Yes, I am A+. Both of my children are as well. I am not sure what dh's blood type is though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter