Do you have more points or less points than you had five years ago?

Do you own more points now than you did five years ago?

• I own more points now than I did five years ago.

• I owned more points five years ago.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I had 1100 points (or something like that, I don't even remember) and sold off everything that wasn't OKW. I now am down to 686 and the dues are much more reasonable. Funny thing is, I did not lose any money on DVC at all, and I remember way back when someone had said that DVC is not an investment <g>.....I got all my money back and was able to enjoy vacations with those points....I think DVC was one of the best things I ever did!

Your story is somewhat like mine. I enjoyed reading it. :thumbsup2

This gives me an idea for a thread, "Adjustments in my DVC portfolio over the years."

Five years ago I had a little over a thousand points. Then I sold 290 BWV so I had less than 1000 points. Then I bought a 170 point VB contract resale (my only resale contract) and then I bought AKV on the member cruise and finally we bought BLT because of the great incentives offered now. I have 1750 presently. What happened? What caused this phenomena? I am a sucker for the newest resorts that's all. I am trying to sell my 170 pt VB contract, but other than that, I am set. I will never buy another point (that's what I always say):laughing:

I had 1100 points (or something like that, I don't even remember) and sold off everything that wasn't OKW. I now am down to 686 and the dues are much more reasonable. Funny thing is, I did not lose any money on DVC at all, and I remember way back when someone had said that DVC is not an investment <g>.....I got all my money back and was able to enjoy vacations with those points....I think DVC was one of the best things I ever did!

When we sold our BWV points we made a big profit. I used that money to buy non DVC timeshares. I don't think there is another timeshare that holds its value better than DVC. I bought my original OKW contracts for $55 a point. I could sell them for $72+ now and I used them all these years. The same holds true for my BCV points. I do not think it will hold true for my four VB contracts though. Those have gone down in value. At least the latest one has.

In 2004, we had 500 points. In 2009, we have 325 points.

We purchased 150 points May 2004 and now own 335 (150 + 25 + 160).

We have more now. We joined in 2002. We bought the minimum membership of 150pts. We didn't add on for the first two years. In the last 5 years, we have added on 3 times. :thumbsup2

We sold 70 points 3 1/2 years ago. We sold them for $20 more per point than we paid for them.

We own less than we did 5 years ago because we sold our Vero Beach contract. Not that we are unhappy with DVC, quite the contrary. We're putting that money aside to buy Ko Olina when it opens up (and yes I know we'll have to add more in to purchase it).

We own more now. I do not see us adding anymore unless we win a mega lottery and we do not play the lottery. Oh well. The 410 points we now own seems to be enough for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter