Do you have a Wow! gift?

Jenny3

DIS Veteran
Usually my kids have something big under the tree... not necessarily expensive, but something larger that is left unwrapped, to give them the "wow! Santa came!" factor

If you do the Wow gift, what do you have this year? I have the Bat Cave for DS3 and a Vera Bradley duffle for DD17 but I'm stumped on what to get for DD9! She's tough this year.

My daughters Santa gift this year is a portable DVD player. A little pricey but better than the MacBook Air she was originally going to ask for. She is 12 and wants the DVD player for sleepovers. I can't give her a lot throughout the year so I really try to go all out for Christmas. I am giving her 4 wii games and her stocking will have a bunch of gift cards and movies and other small stuff.

well....DD15 asked for a "just like me" American girl doll. it was what she wanted, so i bought it. is she too old for it? probably, and i think she knows that, but she spent hours looking through the catalog, so i figured what could it hurt?

it will definitely be the "wow" gift, because she isn't expecting it.

For DD 15 I am geussing it will be her cell phone. Hers broke about six months ago and we couldent replace it right away so shes been really wanting one for awhile.

For DS 12 I think it mightt be the HUGE collection of football cards I bought off a kid at a yard sale this summer. We are going to organize them in protective sheets ina binder or some other type of container. Over all its a inexpensive gift but I bet it will be the WOW for him.

FOR bonus DD 13 (kids half sister) maybe the Dead Sea Mineral nail kit I got all th girls. Her mom said she really wanted one.

DD almost 14 I have no idea. The coolest things are probably the hair straightener or the beautiful leather bound edition of "The Complete Works of Edgar Allen Poe"

Our "Wow" gift this year is a trampoline. It's too big to wrap so it will be the first thing they see. I can't wait, they have no idea!:tink:

My wow Santa gift for my 20 month old is a Power Wheels pink Volkswagen Minnie car. I paid $74.99. Lots of sales and a groupon. I paid with gift cards I got for doing a market research survey, so it was kind of free.

I just need to assemble, sticker, and find a big bow

I want to ride in it. It is so cute.

beautiful leather bound edition of "The Complete Works of Edgar Allen Poe"

My daughter asked for a similar gift this year. Last year her big gift was an ipad- I kept telling her she was not getting it because it was to expensive. I wrapped it up in 3 different sized boxes so it looked like a big gift-she was very excited to open that!

No big unexpected wow! gifts this year but I always include a little a little unexpected present I think they will enjoy.Remember several years ago when the first x-box was released and there was a buying frenzy?DS1 wanted it but he had been told it would be impossible to obtain.I snuck out of the house and spent the night in front of Best Buy with a bunch of gaming geeks ( and one other mom) to get that freakin game system.DS had nooo idea. The way his face lit up when I whipped that box out XMas morning was worth every frozen minute I spent lol. That was certainly a wow! gift.:thumbsup2

My 2 ds's big gift will be their Ipod touches and $50 in Itunes cards.
My dd's big gift will probably be Photoshop, she has been wanting that for awhile.

Wait, I take that back because I forgot that the other day I got my dses BB guns. They are so unexpected and they are going to flip out when they open them.

My 5 year old daughter has been eyeing the Furreal Butterscotch pony but I keep telling her how expensive it is and reminding her that she already sent a letter to Santa asking for other gifts. I wasn't going to buy the pony because it is $99 when on sale ($119 regular price) but Target had it for half that for one day only and I was also allowed to use a $5 furreal coupon so for $45, Butterscotch the pony will be under the tree on Christmas morning. My daughter is going to be so excited!

My 18 year old daughter pretty much knows what she's getting but I have a few surprises that I hope she will love. Last year, we gave her a macbook pro but this year, her big gift is a Michael Kors watch she wants. She's also getting a moon and lola monogram necklace, another necklace from J Crew, bean boots from LL Bean, a pink lifeproof case for her iPhone, clothing and gift cards.

We always have a "wow" or "big" gift under the tree. Sometimes it's a gift to all three of them and sometimes it's an individual gift.

My oldest DS is getting a hunting bow that he thinks was too expensive. My younger DS is getting a cell phone. My DD is getting the new Kindle Fire.

But, I must say, I miss the days when they were little and they came out to see shiny new bikes and sleds ready for winter...

I do have a wow gift for my DS (26). I loaned him a significant amount of money to attend nursing school (my late husband and I had already paid for one undergraduate degree at a private school - this was going to be degree #2). He has been working as a pediatric ER nurse for 18 months and has re-paid half of the loan. For Christmas this year, I am wrapping the loan notebook and marking it "Paid in Full". He will be very surprised and I can't wait to see his reaction. :goodvibes

My Wow gift is an iPhone 4S that looks brand new. My husband kept his in a case and upgraded. We have the box and my DD has no idea she is getting it. I am going to find a box that contained something she would not want and surprise her.

Lisa

I don't have kids yet but I usually do a wow gift for my household which includes my mom and husband. This year it's a Masterbuilt Indoor electric turkey fryer ;) They've been asking for an indoor one for ages and I saw it on woot for $65! Even on amazon it was almost $90 so i snatched it right up!

I do have a wow gift for my DS (26). I loaned him a significant amount of money to attend nursing school (my late husband and I had already paid for one undergraduate degree at a private school - this was going to be degree #2). He has been working as a pediatric ER nurse for 18 months and has re-paid half of the loan. For Christmas this year, I am wrapping the loan notebook and marking it "Paid in Full". He will be very surprised and I can't wait to see his reaction. :goodvibes
That's an awesome gift!! :)

DD10 is getting the Lego Black Pearl. I tried to get it Thanksgiving night and despite being at Target an hour before the doors opened, I was unsuccessful. That Target only got 3 in stock and they were all gone by the time I got into the store. Fortunately, I hit a 2nd Target at 4:30am and they had one!:woohoo: I wouldn't even let my mom put it in her trunk. I just held it in my lap and stared at it. :rotfl: I told DD I couldn't get one and that Santa was her only hope, so she will be asking him to get it at our Breakfast with Santa next weekend. I even bought her a different large PotC Lego set to make up for the one I "couldn't get". :rotfl:

DS is just asking Santa for a video game. Easy Peasy. I always leave a few other little things under the tree that they didn't really ask for. This year I scored a 10" Jose and a 10" Panchito from the Disney Store site for $4 each. They already have a Mexican Donald, and The Three Caballeros ride is one of their favorites. :goodvibes

Their big gifts are being given by my mom and grandma together on Christmas morning. DD10 is getting a laptop and DS8 is getting a Nintendo 3DS XL. I can't wait to see their faces when they get them. They have both been told that they are too much money and not to get their hopes up. :goodvibes

Well, haven't got it yet, but DH and I are in the market for our first family rv. Not an extravagant WOW $200,000 unit but a more modest used fifth wheel or newer travel trailer. That's WOW enough for us. If we found one in time I'd like to park it out front on Christmas morning with a BIG red bow. Wonder if they make them that size?

Wow, that is awesome! :thumbsup2:santa:

My DD11 "wow" gift is going to be a cell phone under the tree for her. She is going to be so excited, as she's been asking for one for the last couple years. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter