Do you have a Wow! gift?

My Wow gift is an iPhone 4S that looks brand new. My husband kept his in a case and upgraded. We have the box and my DD has no idea she is getting it. I am going to find a box that contained something she would not want and surprise her.

Lisa

I am doing that to my son this year. He's much harder to find that "wow" gift for at his age. He wants video games, movies and things like that which are so obvious from a mile away what they are when wrapped and also look smaller under the tree compared to toys his younger siblings are getting. So I'm putting them in empty cereal boxes or large boxes from online orders and wrapping them. I think he's going to laugh when he opens a box of lucky charms or a large cardboard box and it will take him an extra minute or two to open things.

I haven't really found that "wow" gift yet for any of them. I know they will be happy with what they are getting because I stuck to the list for the most part but it's hard finding wow stuff for bigger kids.

For both kids this year we decided to do new TV's for each of them. DS leaves for college this fall and his TV broke a few months back. It was a flat screen hand me down that died. We were able to get good deals on Samsung 1080 TV's for the kids. Figured it was the perfect time to get them.

DD12 is getting a cell phone. It's a go phone pay as you go phone but will have wifi capability. She wanted a smart phone but this is as close as she will get. I don't have one, she certainly won't but the wifi access will be exciting for her.

She had a phone briefly last year but didn't keep it charged so we quit paying for it. I think she will take good care of this one!

DS10 is getting a guitar amp that I hope will be a big wow. It sounded really cool when the guy in the store showed me what he can do. DS really wants an xbox but we decided to hold off another year or two.

DD18 does not have a wow gift yet and I'm stumped for her.

Well my stepDD13's big gift is tickets to see Lion King in January, but I am pretty sure her Wow gift will be the Roku for her room. She loves to watch Netflix in the living room, but isn't allowed to have control of the living room TV all that often.

Dd's wow will be an iPhone 4S...this is an upgrade for her. But I'm stomped as to how to surprise her....How can I give her the phone without her knowing...don't we have to take her current phone in to have the SIM card added? She's gonna keep her same number also. :confused3

Dd's wow will be an iPhone 4S...this is an upgrade for her. But I'm stomped as to how to surprise her....How can I give her the phone without her knowing...don't we have to take her current phone in to have the SIM card added? She's gonna keep her same number also. :confused3

We upgraded our girls to smartphones 2 years ago for Christmas. We told them Christmas Eve morning to get in the car we were going to get them a present. Thats all we said until we got to Verizon and then told them they could pick out their new phone. After they picked them out I snuck and bought cases for their phones to stick in the stockings.

This year DD18 is getting Lady Gaga tickets. DD13 is getting to take a friend to Disney Word with us over Christmas break as her "big" gift so I'm trying to find something to set my her stocking from Santa but Im stumped.

When we gave our DD a cell phone for Christmas, we made sure it was charged up. We wrapped it on Christmas Eve and put it under the tree. In the morning, when DD was unwrapping her gifts, I called the cell phone number. Imagine her surprise when her gift was ringing under the tree!

We call our "wow" gifts "Open Last" gifts. Santa leaves the kids presents in a pile, but there is usually three boxes in front of the fireplace, one for each kid, with a special tag that says:
To _______
Open Last
Love, Santa

This Year's Open Last gifts are:

DD14 - a good camera (she's had a point & shoot for a few years)
DD 12 - Tickets to Wicked
DS 10 - Bike

I just adore reading these!! I so love the forgiven school loan - what an amazing, amazing gift!!

This is the first Christmas since 2008 that my husband has been fully employed. There will be plenty of WOW!

DS10 (my ADHD kiddo) - he is obsessed with Legos. He has gazed longingly at the Lego Mindstorms. It was way way way out of our range. However, a friend sent me a text message and said her neighbor is working for Lego. I ended up getting it for $140. He has such problems making friends, and I am so hoping that joining a group will be his "A-HA" moment.

DD8 - loves, loves, loves her American Girl doll. SO, I am building something similar to this: http://dolldiaries.com/gorgeous-hand-built-american-girl-doll-dollhouse/ . I bought her a laundry room set to go inside - Grandma bought her a kitchen. I also was able to get the $50 Marie Grace this morning!!

DS2 - is my Toy Story guy. I found this at Walmart Black Friday for $18 :) http://www.amazon.com/DISNEY-PIXAR-...756225&sr=1-1&keywords=bullseye+rocking+horse Totally not in the same price range as the other kids' gifts, but the WOW factor is the same.

CANNOT WAIT!!!

DD13 is getting a trip to Disney! We leave on January 2nd! Woo hoo! I can't remember that last time that *I* was so excited about Christmas morning LOL

This is a great thread - I love all these fantastic gifts. Best part is what really makes a WOW gift for each kid :)

I do have a wow gift for my DS (26). I loaned him a significant amount of money to attend nursing school (my late husband and I had already paid for one undergraduate degree at a private school - this was going to be degree #2). He has been working as a pediatric ER nurse for 18 months and has re-paid half of the loan. For Christmas this year, I am wrapping the loan notebook and marking it "Paid in Full". He will be very surprised and I can't wait to see his reaction. :goodvibes

Best. Gift. Ever.

It should be a wow gift, I'm getting my two of my nephews (age 10 & 8) an Xbox 360 with 3 games. They are pretty poor, so they aren't expecting it but they aren't very grateful or polite so it could easily be not a big deal :rotfl2:

Oh well, I tried.

Not any really big gifts this year as they already have all the big items. So, getting a bunch of smaller items like Gaming Chair, Beats Earphones and a bunch of gift cards for DS13 and UGGS and Electric Scooter for DD11.

Wow. I wouldn't call beats earphones, an electric scooter and uggs (assuming they are the real deal) "smaller items."

My DD8 is getting an AG Kailey doll. I found it on my FB yard sale group in mint condition in her meet clothes for $50!!!! My DD's name is Kaylie so it's perfect. She will be so surprised! She asked for a current AG knowing that "you can't get Kailey anymore..oh well". I also snagged the $50 AG bed from the deal this morning. STOKED!

I do have a wow gift for my DS (26). I loaned him a significant amount of money to attend nursing school (my late husband and I had already paid for one undergraduate degree at a private school - this was going to be degree #2). He has been working as a pediatric ER nurse for 18 months and has re-paid half of the loan. For Christmas this year, I am wrapping the loan notebook and marking it "Paid in Full". He will be very surprised and I can't wait to see his reaction. :goodvibes

Now that is a wonderful gift!:yay:

For DD13 it was supposed to be Taylor Swift tix but they have not gone on sale yet here.

DD11 : probably all the monster high stuff I'm getting her

Love this thread!

My DD10 is getting a Kindle Fire HD as she LOVES to read. And some Harry Potter stuff that I know she will be so excited about.

DS9 is getting a Pocket Rocket (an electric motorcycle). This is the only thing he asked for and he doesn't think he's getting it so he will be so psyched.

DS5 is getting a power wheels dune buggy. All he asked for was an Iron Man toy but he has some mild special needs & is such a great kid I wanted to get him something extra special. I can't wait to se his face when he sees it.:yay:

I can't wait for Christmas morning!!

For my kids it's a trampoline, they will all be absolutely shocked. I have been dead set against them having one for years and have always told them that it wouldn't happen, however I found out DS8's best friend is getting one and he lives a couple houses down so if DS is going to be on one I want him to be where I can watch him, plus I don't want him annoying his friend wanting to play on his trampoline all the time. And they've outgrown their bounce house. I think I got a good deal, $199 for a 12' one on Amazon.

It's going to be from Santa and I'm going to fake being angry with Santa Christmas morning.

Ds15 is getting an XBox, which he doesn't think he will get!

DD12 is getting 1D tickets!!!! This will definitely be her WOW gift:goodvibes.

Ds9 is obsessed with Furby's, so he will be thrilled to see that Santa brought him not one, but two (he wants to have a couple to have them interact).

Dd7 is really into Angry Bird's Star Wars, so he will be on cloud nine to find that Santa has brought him all AB Star Wars stuffed friends!

Usually Santa only brings what the kids ask for, but they are still wowed!!

I like to give some surprises from us...so we get some credit, too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter