Do you have a bathroom (or bathrooms) with two sinks?

Do you have a bathroom (or bathrooms) with two sinks?

• Total voters
My parents had one sink, the bathroom my brother and I shared had two. Our current home has two in our master bathroom as well as two in our boys bathroom, I woulndn't buy a home again without two sinks in the master bath.

My parents had one sink, the bathroom my brother and I shared had two. Our current home has two in our master bathroom as well as two in our boys bathroom, I woulndn't buy a home again without two sinks in the master bath.

Do you use them both at the exact same time? I always wondered how many people actually do that. My hubby and I are not on the same schedule, but even if we were, he uses it to mainly just brush his teeth, which does not take any time at all. I don't think it would be worth the extra cleaning just for that for us. So I am curious as to how people actually use both sinks.

Do you use them both at the exact same time? I always wondered how many people actually do that. My hubby and I are not on the same schedule, but even if we were, he uses it to mainly just brush his teeth, which does not take any time at all. I don't think it would be worth the extra cleaning just for that for us. So I am curious as to how people actually use both sinks.

My wife and I are often getting ready in the morning at the same time, so yeah, we use both sinks.

Our boys were usually on different schedules, but it was just better for each of them to have 'their' sink.

Although I'm no longer working full time, we were both showering at 6, then getting dressed and using both sinks at the same time. Not just for brushing teeth, but brushing hair, putting on deoderant, lotion, face cream. My husband shaving etc.

Look if we only had one sink, we'd have to find a way to make it work. But with 2 showers, 2 sinks, and a separate commode room, it was easy to get ready at the same time.

I think back to how most of us(older) people grew up. We had 1 bathroom for the whole house. My poor cousins had 6 people in the house and only 1 bathroom. Talk about family bonding. LOL

Our master bath has 2 sinks. DH uses one and I use one. We don't normally get ready at the time time though.

My parents just built a house and opted for a vanity space in lieu of a second sink. Their scenario may be different because they are retired and don't need to get ready for work at the same time, so I can understand it in that sense. But even when they did get ready for work at the same time, usually only one of them was in the bathroom at a time. At my house, DH and I have separate bathrooms but we only have one sink in each.

I don’t share a bathroom and value my counter space. 1 sink per bathroom. 1 bathroom per person. Helps deter encroachment.

We have two bathrooms with two sinks and three bathrooms with one sink. One of the bathrooms with two sinks is a guest bathroom so its only used when friends or family stay the night. The other bathroom with two sinks is our master bedroom which are both used all the time. Technically it's two separate vanities so we are really separated. lol

bathroom_fairfield-jpg.433056

Attachments

• Bathroom_Fairfield.jpg
    Bathroom_Fairfield.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
Do you use them both at the exact same time?
Often enough that I want the two sinks available. Could we get by with one sink, sure. But we don't have to and I really don't care to. Our previous homes all had one sink and it's just something we prefer. I love our house but the bathroom in our next house will be larger. We are looking to downsize homes, and as we looked at things a bathroom with 2 sinks is almost a deal breaker for us. As for cleaning, it's not a big issue really we both keep ours clean and cleaning a sink takes a few seconds, compared to moving stuff around the counter to clean.

We do it all the time. It's not just about being on the same schedule as there are many things we do not during the work week or in the mornings of the work week that we get ready for.

This is ours:

My husband's is on the left and mine is one the right. My husband doesn't really use the built in cabinet in the middle but I do (has all my bath and body works body wash and lotion from all those 75% off sales lol)

We do it all the time. It's not just about being on the same schedule as there are many things we do not during the work week or in the mornings of the work week that we get ready for.

This is ours:
View attachment 432897

My husband's is on the left and mine is one the right. My husband doesn't really use the built in cabinet in the middle but I do (has all my bath and body works body wash and lotion from all those 75% off sales lol)

I can see how this benefits you guys. My husband is so much less maintenance then yours seems to be. :P

We have two sinks and use them all the time. His and Hers. His stuff is at his sink, my stuff is at mine. Blow dryer, straightener, toothpaste and other shared stuff is on the counter in between. Our bathroom is decent sized and has the toilet in a separate very small attached room (water closet) and good sized shower in the room with the sinks. We leave for work and get ready for bed at the same times so we are always using them simultaneously.
Really helps when you're getting ready to go out too.

No need for two sinks here. We dont get ready at the same time. Plus only two of us share one bathroom. The sink isnt the issue. I wish we had two toilets (in separate rooms of course). :lmao:

We live in an old house. We actually have quite a roomy bathroom but just one sink.....but would love my DH to have his own toilet maybe on the other side of the house, in the barn, or possibly we could bring in his own Porta pot. So at our dwelling having two sinks is NOT the problem! :rotfl:

Last edited:
We live in an old house. We actually have quite a roomy bathroom but just one sink.....but would love my DH to have his own toilet maybe on the other side of the house, in the barn, or possibly we could bring in his own Porta pot. So at our dwelling having two sinks in NOT the problem! :rotfl:
:lmao: :rotfl2: Ha ha! I can totally relate! We rarely use the sink at the same time. So that would be a waste for us. But the toilet, ya...two of them would be great. Or as you say, a port-o-potty!:rotfl:

Our set up is weird. We have two sinks at a large vanity, but they are on the outside of the bathroom. In the bathroom is a toilet, shower, and huge tub we never use. We are planning a big overhaul where we replace the tub with a big shower and put one sink and small vanity where the old shower was. Then we will shrink the vanity by a bit to add a tower linen cupboard and have a large vanity with one sink. We'll still have two sinks, but in areas where we will actually use them. We'll hand wash etc. in the one in the bathroom and we'll still share the vanity area outside the bathroom, but will have plenty of room for flexibility. I know it's considered making it less, but it will be updated and SO much more practical for actual use!

Yes, 2 sinks in each full bath, and yes, can't imagine not having them. Wife & I have our own sink, and the kids share a bathroom. Makes life easier in the morning and at bedtime.

If there's anywhere I'd like to have two sinks it's in the kitchen. That is a room where there's a crowd needing sink access!
Our previous home had two sinks and I loved it. The big, two bowel sink with garbage disposal was out of the flow of traffic and was next to the dishwasher. The other sink was bar sized and had a water filter on it and also had a garbage disposal. It was perfect for emptying pasta pots and for washing vegetables without having to move dirty dishes stacked in the main sink.

There is no answer above that fits us. Yes we have two. Yes we use them all the time. BUT we never actually get ready at the same time, which seems to be what they are always saying on the house programs on tv. But with two if our sink is dirty we can only blame ourselves and not each other.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter