Do you ever use the full cooker in 1BR?

• Yes

Votes: 70 85.4%
  • No

Votes: 12 14.6%

• Total voters

Ruttangel

BCV AKV BWV VGF DVC Owner
Other than the microwave I‘m curious if anyone has ever used the cooking facilities you get in 1BR or bigger rooms? We never have. Should the kitchen space be reduced and put something else there like another Murphy bed and just have a kitchenette? Or do you like having it there just in case.

Other than the microwave I‘m curious if anyone has ever used the cooking facilities you get in 1BR or bigger rooms? We never have. Should the kitchen space be reduced and put something else there like another Murphy bed and just have a kitchenette? Or do you like having it there just in case.
Whenever I've been in a 1 or 2 bed, I've used the stove. While I only have breakfast in the room, being able to cook bacon, eggs, pancakes is much better than a bagel or toast for breakfast.

My DH cooks all the time in them. He usually makes some basic stuff like taco's or a breakfast for dinner meal but we all enjoy it. I wouldn't want to loose the kitchen.

We use the stove, oven, all of it. Maybe not daily, but quite often. It’s great for longer stays. Eating out gets old after a few days. And we almost never eat breakfast out. The price for one sit down breakfast is a week’s worth of groceries for us!

I usually Travel with grown kids and grandkids and stay in a GV. We use the heck out of our kitchen! Wrangling a party of 9 to a restaurant is hard enough, but just acquiring those reservations through Disney Dining is impossible. Add to it the fact that 2 in the party are gluten-free, and it is just easier to cook for ourselves. That being said, DH and I are going by ourselves in May and plan to do no cooking with the exception of using the toaster.

Same as others.

For us it isn't "just in case", we use it for almost all of our meals and is the reason we bought DVC. Two main reasons, first, to control what we are eating and second, cost, our grocery bill is usually around the price of one Disney restaurant dinner. We have done a full Christmas dinner, turkey cooked in oven etc., on Christmas Day and have had 9 for dinner at BLT.

Sounds like you'd be interested in DVC adding more adjoining studios.

I don't think I have ever heard the term FULL COOKER. oven and stove , yes.

Many may not cook a FULL meal but most use oven to keep items warm .
You need the stove if you bake really anything .
Lets not put a bed in the kitchen.
I think ‘cooker’ is what the British call an oven + stove (source Great British Bake-off.)
We use the full size refrigerator, the kitchen table, & the counter space for our cases of water & other non perishables even though we don’t generally use the stove.
I wouldn’t be in favor of eliminating the kitchen to add more Murphy beds in that space. Last fall I spent some time in a 3 br. cash suite at the Gand Californian & it was basically 3 bedrooms/bathrooms + a smallish living room - it felt almost like a college dorm setup, I like the feeling of space & the flexibility the kitchen gives & don’t think we need the wear & tear increased occupancy would generate.

We (well my wife) made breakfast every morning of our December trip at Kidani (7 nights). I always thought I'd miss my "Disney" breakfasts, but while I was napping the first day she went and bought some eggs, bacon, etc. from the Kidani store.

When staying in a 1 bedroom we'll probably never go back to "Disney" breakfast as the in-room breakfast was good and much less expensive.

We have used both the stove and oven at times and would definitely not want to see the size of the kitchen reduced. Having the full kitchen is very important to us when booking 1 or 2 BR's and would not want that changed to cram in more sleeping surfaces. Nope.

We had gotten to where we typically stayed at Homewood Suites or other places with a full fridge and kitchen. So our whole plan in buying DVC was for 1 or 2 bedrooms with the kitchen. I would have absolutely no interest in a room without this.

If we are in a 1 or 2 Bedroom, we will use the kitchen, especially if we are at VB, HHI, and especially Aulani. I would not go below a 1-bedroom at Aulani specifically so I could cook. Food is so much more reasonable when you just stock up at the Costco.

That said, we also do a little bit of food in the kitchenettes in the studios (sandwiches, microwave stuff, etc.) a good bit as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter