Do You Consider Disney Transport When You Choose You're Home Resort?

Rule number 1 is buy where you want to stay. For many, the transportation is a big driver in "where I want to stay", for others it isn't. For some, the pool, the restaurants, or the theming impact "where I want to stay". If transportation is important to your stay, than it should influence you choice. Our favorite resort is BWV, and walking to 2 parks is a large part of that preference.

I love the idea of BCV. I just wish they had 3 beds. The theming is a big deal for me too. It’s part of the pull of Riv for me too if I’m honest. BWV is themed too which is great but I worry it offers no escape from everything to unwind and that there will always be a lively atmosphere (which is great but when you want to escape and unwind it’s not so much).
No GV’s at BCV definitely was a serious consideration, but I personally see GV stays as “splurge visits” and not a regular thing, so I didn’t let it be my deciding factor.

I love RIV. It’s gorgeous & the room makes me go “ahhh” 😍 ...but Stormalong Bay does that too... hence my need to add-on 😂

I bought at PVB, and while it was 70% for the tiki theming and dole whip, the other 30% was the boat to MK and monorail to Epcot!

I would also factor in transportation to other WDW resorts. The MK-area and Epcot-area resorts are great not just for proximity to parks, but to each other.

It's also why (non-DVC) the Martinique section of CBR is so great -- it's a 5-minute walk to the Riviera!

We haven't bought yet, but are ready to pull the trigger on the right PVB contract when we see it. Transportation is a huge factor for us as to why we are choosing PVB. Having the monorail for access to MK and two other resorts or the short walk to the TTC for the rest is big for us. We will not hit parks all or even most days when we are on vacation but will resort hop and enjoy the dining options while on site.

Jumping off the comment above mine, we have PVB ahead of BLT in our minds due to theming. I like the theming at PVB whereas BLT just feels like a nice Disney themed Hilton. To each their own.

Absolutely transportation is important! Location and proximity to the parks that allows for non-bus transportation was a huge factor as to why I bought at BWV (resale) and RIV (direct) for the walking/skyliner to both Epcot and HS. I am considering adding on at PVB or BLT in the future for proximity to MK (VGF is not my style).

The fact that you could only get buses to parks with a different mode of transport to Disney Springs from SSR or OKW immediately disqualified those resorts when I started looking into DVC - AKL was knocked out too because it's all buses. In a normal year, I NEVER drive to WDW, always fly and never rent a car, so I rely on Disney transportation a lot. I don't spend a lot of time at DS, and hate the long wait for buses at the end of the night, so alternate transport is a major plus in my book.

This is a newbie question for sure, but what is Martinique and CBR??

Another newbie question, but what is TTC??
Martinique is a section within Caribbean Beach Resort (CBR). TTC is the Transportation and Ticket Center which is effectively the parking/ticket/transportation "hub" for Magic Kingdom where you can catch the monorail, ferry, or buses.

Edit: From TTC you can mono/ferry/bus to Magic Kingdom, bus or mono to Epcot, bus to any other park.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess I'm glad that everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I wouldn't consider the Skyliner a big plus since it can be hard to get on early in the morning when they fill up most of the cars at the main stations. Or if the weather is bad, it won't run and you'll be on a bus. Same with boats, really bad weather and they don't run. Buses run all the time. In 23 years I can only recall one time when we waited and waited for a bus. There had been an accident on World Drive and the road was totally blocked leaving both MK and Epcot.

I guess I'm glad that everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I wouldn't consider the Skyliner a big plus since it can be hard to get on early in the morning when they fill up most of the cars at the main stations. Or if the weather is bad, it won't run and you'll be on a bus. Same with boats, really bad weather and they don't run. Buses run all the time. In 23 years I can only recall one time when we waited and waited for a bus. There had been an accident on World Drive and the road was totally blocked leaving both MK and Epcot.
You'll have to share some of your bus luck with the rest of us since I have at least one 45min to an hour+ wait every trip! 😉

But that would be the same for AKV too.

I don't see them adding skyliner to AKV anytime in the next 15 years. The next phased change I can see is the connection between existing Skyliner and Disney Springs.

I could also see extension past AOA through ESPN to All Stars as well connecting it all via Skyliner IF Disney intends to use rail as a primary transportation from MCO.

I don't think anyone who owns AKV would want to pay the likely increase in MFs for the capital expenditure for building the Skyliner (it wouldn't be added for free connecting to AKV).

Transportation is a huge factor for me. The absolute worst things to do while on vacation is waiting in a long line for transportation, folding up strollers and sitting in a crammed bus - especially at the end of the night when I just want to get me and my kids to bed. The convenience of leisurely walking over to food and wine at Epcot or taking the Skyliner to HS is a huge reason we bought at Beach Club, even with the shorter contract.

Last edited:
. I wouldn't consider the Skyliner a big plus since it can be hard to get on early in the morning when they fill up most of the cars at the main stations.

I waited an hour for a MK bus at AKV for rope drop during EMH last year. (was at station 1hr early and had watched the app even prior to that bus was cancelled and rescheduled 3 times during that hour).

With skyliner its always moving and there have been reports of giving an intermingling of the 3 feeds to that HS line (RIV, AOA, and CBR).

In addition it was harder because you had to be in the park for morning boarding group give out. I haven't heard much about issues since the change but haven't followed that closely.

Yes, We not only bought with this in mind, we split stay almost ever trip so that we can avoid the buses to the parks.

I do own SSR as well as BLT and RIV, but only to use as SAP to book larger rooms at the resorts with what we feel is easy transportation.

Not for nothing but of all the places we stayed over the years Port Orleans - French Quarter had the best bus transportation we experienced. OKW was the worst.

Hi all,

I wondered if you considered Disney Transport when you chose you're home resort?

We'd be looking to stay in a 3 bed when we came, so I've looked at Resorts at WDW that have 3 beds and then reviewed transport options. I've RAG rated them (Red, Amber, Green) and marked red where buses are the only option suggesting it's a negative. I've marked green where I could walk or use a boat/monorail/skyliner/walk suggesting that's a positive. Feel free to ignore the amber, but it's just my view of where could possibly by linked via a Skyliner Phase 2 which is obviously totally down to opinion.

If a resort has 2 or more 'green ratings', I've marked the resort as green.

View attachment 549697

Any comments/input welcome!
Great chart. I do feel OKW, CCV, AKL are all very similar and remote unless you have a car with you.

We have never been concerned about transport. We wake up at 10ish, linger around with coffee. If we hit a park it’s around 2ish. Used to take a cab, but that has changed a bit. Now we need to call a cab ahead of time. No Uber or whatever. We are old school.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter