Do you consider a family that makes >$100,000 wealthy?

Do you consider a family that makes >$100,000 wealthy?

• Yes

Votes: 58 9.7%
  • No

Votes: 345 57.9%
  • Depends on Location

Votes: 193 32.4%

• Total voters
The reason for redistribution of educational funds is because of the disparity between the relative wealth of school districts. This is a decades long issue. In Nj part of my tax dollars go to fund Newark and Orange public school (very low wealth districts). When I say part like less than 5%. This allow these schools to have things like books and heat. The impact on my kids is nil. The state constitution guarantees an a through and effective education is available to all children.
If we want to raise people out of poverty and allow them to have access to jobs and higher education that will allow them to pay taxes, instead begrudging them the funds for an education, we should insist they receive an education and that its adequately funded.

The reason for redistribution of educational funds is because of the disparity between the relative wealth of school districts. This is a decades long issue. In Nj part of my tax dollars go to fund Newark and Orange public school (very low wealth districts). When I say part like less than 5%. This allow these schools to have things like books and heat. The impact on my kids is nil. The state constitution guarantees an a through and effective education is available to all children.
If we want to raise people out of poverty and allow them to have access to jobs and higher education that will allow them to pay taxes, instead begrudging them the funds for an education, we should insist they receive an education and that its adequately funded.
Right. Well obviously funds are redistributed because the people redistributing believe this to be in the best interest of society. And generally most people are fine with some redistribution, but there comes a tipping point where enough is enough. And when your property taxes double in five years thats a tipping point for me.

Right. Well obviously funds are redistributed because the people redistributing believe this to be in the best interest of society. And generally most people are fine with some redistribution, but there comes a tipping point where enough is enough. And when your property taxes double in five years thats a tipping point for me.
You missed the part where the increase was not due to the redistribution but to the need for athletic fields complete with turf and lights (5 of them total between the town and school). The new it equipment needed and the new staff and administration hired. The less than five percent of taxes that is redistributed has minimal effect of my total bill.

The people in the town are so angry about how it all went down that they voted out the two members of the town council that were up for reelection and forced the resignation of the town manager. The board of Ed members that were up for reelection didn't even bother to run after seeing what happened to the town council

Last edited:
No but it still impacts your property taxes nonetheless. Look at where your property tax money goes. In many states school money goes to the state and then is redistributed "more equally" to counties. This is not a judgement just a fact. Look at immigration numbers.

Could you post links to your facts, please?

In MA, the money that comes into towns from the state is not from property taxes - it comes from income tax, sales tax, etc. So our property tax does not go up to fund other towns - it only goes up to fund our town.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter