Do you bring a surge protector?

jediranger3

Disney and Universal Veteran
Do you bring a surge protector/power ? Does Disney care? We will plugging in phones and kindles. Your thoughts?

I learned this tip on the DIS! Such a great way to charge electronics. Plus outlets are often inconveniently located behind beds and nightstands. Power strips solve that problem!

The one I use is called the power squid surge 1000. I find it best for chargers and their huge plugs

Definitely! The only place I could consistently find several outlets was in the bathroom, and I just don't like the mix of water and electronics. So I have one I keep in the suitcase at all times, so it's there any time I travel. It's made such a difference!

Have learned to Pack one each time that we go. Multiple cell phones, cameras, computer, and dh's CPAP...the outlets are just not where you need them to be.

I have traveled with one each time I travel with multiple people. Between phone chargers, camera/battery chargers, contact lens cleaners, curling irons, hair straighteners, etc. you definitely need one.

We forgot our surge protector on our last trip. It was tough finding enough open outlets in our room. A surge protector is on the top of the packing list.:thumbsup2

I have traveled with one each time I travel with multiple people. Between phone chargers, camera/battery chargers, contact lens cleaners, curling irons, hair straighteners, etc. you definitely need one.

What's a contact lens cleaners? I mean, obviously I can figure it out by the name. I'm just asking because I know tons of contact wearers, my husband and my mom and two brothers included) and nobody has any sort of plug-in device for them.

NicPie said:
What's a contact lens cleaners? I mean, obviously I can figure it out by the name. I'm just asking because I know tons of contact wearers, my husband and my mom and two brothers included) and nobody has any sort of plug-in device for them.

I did 30 years ago. But I think I was able to get rid of it around 1990, or so

I'm another one who doesn't travel to Disney without a power strip/surge protector. I just bring an extra one from home.

We take a power strip anytime we stay overnight anywhere. Between 3 handheld game systems, our phones, the iPad, and the Kindle, we never have enough outlets. :rotfl:

We bring 3 when all of us travel. My husband needs one just for all of his electronics.

When I go solo, I bring one so I can have everything plugged in one place instead of scattered all over the room.

The ones we use have the USB plug in too so my DD and DS can charge their Ipods.

Absolutely. With 2 smartphones, an ipad, and 2 Touchs there I'd hate to see something get fried due to a surge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter