Do they rush you?

Lori

Earning My Ears
I love all the info I have found about the TS restaurants. During our past visits we didn't eat at any sit down places so I am wondering if they really push you through your dinner at most places and if it now even worse with the DDP. Anyone have any thoughts about this? What is an average time for your TS meals?

No, absolutely not. Most of our TSs are rather drawn out, and I often have to chase the server down to close out the check. Don't worry about being rushed.

We typically get ADRs at Epcot restaurants around 7:40-7:50 PM. We do that because DD4-going-on-24 is afraid of the fireworks, which start at 9 PM. We only saw the tail end of the fireworks from inside Teppenyaki; they had been over for some time when we left both Le Cellier and Coral Reef. Not only were the fireworks over, but the park was practically empty -- I think we were pushing 10 PM both times.

I'd say we average 1 1/2 - 2 hours, except for character meals which go somewhat quicker.

Last yr we got the free DDP (this yr too) and we werent rushed at any of the TS places we were at. Lets see we were at CRT, Le Cellier, Biergarten, Ohana, Teppenyaki.. I really dont believe that you will get less service or be rushed because you have the DDP. IF anything else the servers probably get tipped better with the plan because I hear they are getting 18% when standard is normally 15% plus alot of ppl are tipping extra..

No.

We spent 8 days on the Dining Plan both in Jan. & May.
We ate at a character dinner almost every night. We were never rushed.

We ate at more upscale restaurants during our May trip than we had in the past--DD has grown up and wasn't into character dining this trip. We were not rushed anywhere. It was a great experience.

Our experience overall is no, but we felt a bit rushed at Mama Melrose's as our apps came out and in less than a minute they were back with the entrees. I suspect this is nto the norm though as our waitress did apologize. All in all this meal was under 1 hour and we were a bit alarmed at the quick turn over.

Most sit down meals for us have been an 1 hour to 1.5 hours.
Very rarely 2 hours - one Chef Mickey breakfast - when Mickey was no where to be found :rotfl: We took pictures of our kids next to the Mickey painiting on the wall by the windows. It actually is one of our better shots :rotfl:

No rushing ever.

Cindy's breakfast was not rushed - but kind of like clock work. :hourglass Breads & fruit come out. Coffee, juice & milk. Princesses start to visit tables. Then main breakfast plate about 15 minutes after sitting down. Ten minutes after the plate is delivered. waitress asks if we need anything else. Get our photo's delivered to our table -20 minutes later we get a bill (receipt - b/c it is prepaid). So, 1 hour for Cindy's breakfast - but good timing. We had an 8:05 ADR and we were in the park by 9 am in time to be first on rides.

I hope not at Mama's rushed - we may try there next year for Fantasmic.

We were there in January, and we never felt rushed. We use the evening meal as an opportunity to regroup, and the meals were a bit long. We were always allowed our time. CRT for lunch was not rushed at all, and we felt as though the characters were spending enough time with our DGD. PSB seemed a bit rushed, but I think that it was merely our perception, as the little one needs time to acclimate, and the princesses seem to be on a "route" so they appeared right away.

I appreciate all the quick responses. We are hoping to enjoy an early dinner and relax with the family and it sounds like we can do that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter