do renters use MS?

jnrrt

Disney Fan
Sorry if this has been asked before, but I'm renting points to a good friend this fall, and I'd like to figure out how to make this go smoothly for her. She was asking me about making priority seatings (or whatever they're called now) and said when she dials the main number they ask for her reservation number. SHe doesn't have one yet since they're still deciding where to stay - on points or just on cash somewhere else. Now she's decided to go ahead and rent points from me. Does she still call that number? Or can she makes PS's with MS? Will she have a regular reservation number if she goes through the main line? And when she calls MS and doesn't have a member #, can they look her up because she's renting, or does she need my # (I'd put the reservation in her name)?

Thanks for any help.

I've never ever been asked for a reservation number when making PS arrangements. Maybe it's something new with MYW, LOL.

Anyway, as Diane says, your friend needs to call Disney Dining. She can just tell them that she doesn't have a reservation yet or that she's using her friend's DVC timeshare or even that's she's staying off site. Anyone can make PS - if the Dining CMs are asking for reservation numbers, they are just collecting information. It's not required to make the PS.

Best wishes -

CarolMN said:
I've never ever been asked for a reservation number when making PS arrangements. Maybe it's something new with MYW, LOL.

Anyway, as Diane says, your friend needs to call Disney Dining. She can just tell them that she doesn't have a reservation yet or that she's using her friend's DVC timeshare or even that's she's staying off site. Anyone can make PS - if the Dining CMs are asking for reservation numbers, they are just collecting information. It's not required to make the PS.

Best wishes -

Yes, I know, but she was told to dial it in to get to a person (it was automated) which I've never heard of, so she couldn't get to a person to tell them that she didn't have a number.

Most of those auto systems will get an answer by a person if they just hold on and make no choices.

The Disney system says "Sorry, I didn't get that, please try again" or some such thing, and keeps you in a loop. Tell her to try putting her home phone number in instead of a ressie number.

I always use my home phone # when I use Disney Dining rather than a reservation #.

BTW, here's the super secret toll free #

:rockband:

1-800-828-0228

I've got it programmed in my cell phone. Came in real handy last November on the bus ride from CSR to MK. Made a PS for the Plaza and by the time we got there, walk ups were being turned away.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter