Do PVB Studios need a 3rd view category?

Just stayed at BLT this week with a so-called "Lake View" (12th Floor). We had the inside pool facing part of the tower - When looking straight out the window, the view was essentially looking at the other side at the mirroring tower and rooms - with a sliver of the lake off to the far right. Balcony was such that the wall for the door blocked the view of the Lake altogether. Very disappointed
How about this one, second floor. Saw it before I go there, went to front desk and got dead center lake view on 9th floor.

Attachments

• 4AF812F6-A037-4114-B0EB-BCC31B541EE8.png
    4AF812F6-A037-4114-B0EB-BCC31B541EE8.png
    208.8 KB · Views: 80
How about this one, second floor. Saw it before I go there, went to front desk and got dead center lake view on 9th floor.
Thanks for the tip related to touring plans - didnt know they did that. The excuse I got from the CM was that it was a "low turnover" day and it "could have been worse" .

Last edited:
I will add the pic (Room 8235 - Lake View) You can see if off to the right - but not from the balcony thats located on the left of this picture. I think I have you beat - I would have taken that room (7206) in a minute

Attachments

• blt2.jpg
    blt2.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 71

I will add the pic (Room 8235 - Lake View) You can see if off to the right - but not from the balcony thats located on the left of this picture. I think I have you beat - I would have taken that room (7206) in a minute
I agree, not good either. I think the part that got me is second floor. If you look at a resort diagram, the same room on floors 1,3,4 is considered standard. Why only 2 Is lake view? I guess the only one that you can peek through the trees.

I agree, not good either. I think the part that got me is second floor. If you look at a resort diagram, the same room on floors 1,3,4 is considered standard. Why only 2 Is lake view? I guess the only one that you can peek through the trees.
That's very interesting - in any case - I definitely learned a lesson!

wow after reading this thread I guess we really lucked out with our first stay at poly as we were in pagp pago first floor facing landscaping--it was very nice--
out of our room went out one door that went to the TTC and other end went to the monorail

I know now what side to ask for in Jan

When I stayed in the worst room in all of Poly, Pago Pago parking lot ground floor, my kid was barely walking. A duck came up to the room, and she thought it was the funniest thing ever and was banging on the glass. Even the worst Poly room is still magical.

But yea, I book lake view now.

I'm prepping my room requests for an upcoming PVB stay. My experience at the resort is mostly as a visitor for dining reservations, so I wasn't super familiar with the layout of the buildings, particularly on the DVC side.

Poly Studios are very clean:

Standard View
Pago Pago facing South
Pago Pago facing North
Tokelau facing East
Tokelau facing West
Morea facing South

Lake View
Morea facing North

All of that makes sense on paper, until you pull up a map and realize that Pago Pago facing South SUCKS. Those rooms stare directly into the parking lot, and are in no way comparable to the other Standard View rooms, which face gardens (Pago Pago N, Tokelau E, Morea S) or pool (Tokelau W). Does anyone else feel like they should rebalance the points chart to be three categories: Lake, Garden/Pool, and Standard?
Are the lakeview rooms always Moorea? It looks like (from the map) that some of the Tokelau ones might see the water too? I'm staying lakeview in March and your post was the closest to answering my question without starting a new thread.

Only the lake side of Moorea is lake view. There are some rooms on the end of Tokelau that definitely have a view of the water, but are standard. They are pretty much requested by everybody (including me lol) so getting them is pretty rare.

We stayed in Pago Pago right when poly opened. Assigned 2 connecting ground floor studios overlooking the parking lot. I contacted member services right after about the discrepancy in the standard views. Even had a supervisor call back to talk about it. It was put under advisement waaay back then. No change. Would not expect a change at this point. We just request Tokelau now.

Pago Pago is not even a request choice at check-in, Touring Plans reports that Tokelau SV is the #1 request. 1st floor is very popular with parents that have strollers since a lot of them are "walk out" no elevators. Some like Pago if they are driving as they try to park close and the walk to TTC is shortest.

I would book lake view but I think the bungalows ruin all but the 3rd floor and I don't like my odds for the extra points.

Moorea SV 1st floor is my request. Same with SSR - I loved Congress Park 1st floor near bus stop - no need to deal with elevators and no hallway noise.

If the new tower has rooms in the back , it will be the worst view ever - total highway /parking lot view

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter