Do I need to cancel ME?

MaryAnnDVC

"Mare", DISing since '99; prefers being tagless
I haven't gotten tags, and was told I wouldn't (printing problem). Since then, we've decided to just rent a car...worth it for us at $111 for 5 days. Do I need to cancel ME? Or just not show up for it? Hate to sit on hold, but will if it's necessary.

When are you arriving and when did you make your DME reservation?

I made my reservation back on 3/11. I called 2 weeks ago and DME did not have my flight info. I called again yesterday and they DID have my flight info, so far so good. About 1/2hour ago FedEx was at my door with my DME package for 6 days from now. So if you still have a few weeks before you go or if you made your reservation 60 or more days ago it is very likely you will get your DME tags for your trip.

Be sure to call DME office at 1-866-599-0951 to make sure they have your reservation and all your flight info. There apparently was some sort of computer communication problem between CRO, DTC, & DME.

I know the car is only $111.00 but DME is free and seems to be getting better every day of operation. I expect that be the end of May we will start to see posts saying "How in the world did I ever manage without DME"

No I don't work for Disney, but I wish I did.

I guess I'll call them. But we're sticking with the rental car. We're going soon, and this is our first vacation without the kids in 17 years...don't want to risk any screwups. Next trip, we might try ME.

Thanks for the phone number. :)

I had my tags today (the yellow ones), even though I had actually cancelled the ME part of our package with Disney Travel. I called the DME number and she did still have us in the system as using DME, although Disney Travel have us in the system as declining DME. So it doesn't hurt to call. I called just now 2:45 est, and got straight through to someone. I was a bit worried that some poor CM at the airport would be waiting for us thinking that they had actually managed to lose some guests! It was odd as I said that I had cancelled it through Disney Travel, and she said that all info goes through to them from there, but it hadn't. A few bugs in the systems still I guess. She actually answered the call "Disney Cruise Line" before she corrected herself to DME!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter