Do I need to buy a Base Ticket for Free Dining?

kribit

DIS Veteran
I think the answer to this is yes, but thought I would ask anyway.

We're doing a split stay and I was doing the numbers last night and realized the 1 day base ticket for 4 of us is approx. $250. I had no idea it was this high...it would be cheaper for us to extend our 6 day MYWay in our first package (we're doing a split stay and have a package booked already for the first leg of our trip) vs. purchasing the 1 day base with free dining for 4 nights. I presume this is how Disney makes their money though.

I actually crunched the numbers and it seems like it would be cheaper to just check in to POR on the second 1/2 of our trip and not use free dining. It just seems strange that they would do that.

Someone set me straight...I think I'm over-analyzing again. :laughing:

Yes, you do have to purchase a ticket to make it a package. Unless you're getting a room only discount I don't see how it could be cheaper to not take free dining for four nights though. If your one day tickets will be approximately $250 then all four of you must qualify as adults, right? DDP for four people is $156 /night, times 4 nights, $624. I'd spend $250 on tickets to get $624 in dining and just save the tickets for another trip.

If you qualify for a discount on the room only reservation though, then it might be a better deal to go without free dining.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter