Dme ?

paults

HOME IS WHERE BWV IS
OKAY, I know where the ME buses will be . BUT if I want to get my own bags and take them with me to the bus what is the route.

Do I go downstairs on "B" side ,get bags then have to go back up and over to "A" side and down to 1st level for bus. Never took ME with bags other then carry-ons.

paults said:
OKAY, I know where the ME buses will be . BUT if I want to get my own bags and take them with me to the bus what is the route.

Do I go downstairs on "B" side ,get bags then have to go back up and over to "A" side and down to 1st level for bus. Never took ME with bags other then carry-ons.

When you get to the A level you have to go down two levels to level one. One level down gets you to baggage claim and the buses load on level one where the ground transportation is.

A lot easier to let Disney handle your luggage.

Unfortunately for us, our DME tags arrived with the wrong resort (we had to switch due to renovations at the Poly) so we didn't have any choice but to collect our own luggage and head back to the DME buses.

It wasn't a big hassle at all...we followed the signs to baggage claim, then went back up a level to the DME desk and all was good!

The "worst" part about DME for us was the bus leaving...they were supposed to leave at 9:30 am but they left at 9:15...the hotel left us info to be outside at 9:20 and we were...but we missed the bus. It all turned out okay since the next one arrived early (and left early).

hiwaygal said:
Unfortunately for us, our DME tags arrived with the wrong resort (we had to switch due to renovations at the Poly) so we didn't have any choice but to collect our own luggage and head back to the DME buses.
I'm told you can cross out and write in the new resort name on the yellow tags (but not alter any of the other markings)

hiwaygal said:
The "worst" part about DME for us was the bus leaving...they were supposed to leave at 9:30 am but they left at 9:15...the hotel left us info to be outside at 9:20 and we were...but we missed the bus. It all turned out okay since the next one arrived early (and left early).
Are you sure "your" bus wasn't late in the likeness of "the next one"?

The pickup time 3 hours in advance is supposed to allow a little slop for late or overfilled buses.

Disney hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/magicx.htm

They're scheduling the resort pick ups 5 minutes apart. That doesn't give the driver enough time to drive to the next resort, load the bags and get to the next resort on time.

seashore is correct, unless you were specifically told differently the buses were probably running late not early. My pickup from AKL was 4:45 at 4:40 the 4:15 bus pulled in and that's the bus I took.

seashoreCM said:
I'm told you can cross out and write in the new resort name on the yellow tags (but not alter any of the other markings)

That's what I was told too...after I arrived in Orlando! :rotfl2: I didn't know that before hand...I was only going on what I was told.

seashoreCM said:
Are you sure "your" bus wasn't late in the likeness of "the next one"?

The pickup time 3 hours in advance is supposed to allow a little slop for late or overfilled buses.

I only know what the CM's at the valet desk told us...they said the bus wasn't supposed to leave until 9:30am, but that it left at 9:15am...

As I said, everything turned out fine, we arrived at the airport with plenty of time. I only mentioned it as the "worst" part of our DME experience...meaning it wasn't bad at all and sometimes you just have to roll with things! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter