DLRP Pin Thread

dlpSteve

Mr Dedicated to DLP
I know there are a few people on here who like collecting and trading Disney pins so I though it might be cool to have a thread dedicated to DLRP pins as this is the DLRP board! Mods, please close if I'm doing something wrong.

I first bought some DLRP pins on our first trip in July 2002 but only decided to get really into after our July trip this year. I then went on an eBay frenzy, buying many DLRP pins! Our trip this October was my first time actually pins in the park as a collector and I ended up coming back with quite a few. It was also the first time we traded as Denise and I both bought lanyards and traded the starter pins and some cheap Syndrome and Olly Pig pins that we bought for half price.

I lke to get pins from attractions I have been on, hotels I have stayed in and sets such as 'the lands' as well as many others. I also like Stitch pins and trying to get all the Stitch Invasion pins that have been released over the last year or so - I have 5 so far, I think!? I also am winning an auction at the moment for the very first WDS Stitch Invasion pin - fingers crossed. Just a pity I forgot to get one of the big maps to go with them as they'll probably have stopped selling them by the next time we go.

I'm still very much a beginner in this whole pin collecting/trading business but it's fun so far.

Pins I have won in the last day or two on eBay are these:

014/900 Silly Symphony Pin from DLRP - a bargain for a lmited edition pin so I couldn't resist.
34_2.jpg

921/1200 Another limited edition pin released the day Buzz Lazer Blast opened - a favourite ride of mine at DLRP.
01_1.jpg

Limited Edition 1000. This is from WDW but it's POTC and I have one of the other's from this series so I had to.
potc-key-pin.jpg

Limited Edition 1200. One of the Stitch Invasion series that I am collecting. Stitch invades Buzz Lazer Blast.
bf_1_b.jpg

Limited Edition 1200. Another of the Stitch Invasion series. Stitch invades the teacup ride.
f0_1_b.jpg

Another WDW pin but it's a fab looking Nightmare Before Christmas pin and it as at a great price.
79_1.jpg

Limited Edition 1200. Yet another Stitch Invasion series pin and possibly the best of the lot - Stitch invades Pirates of the Caribbean - wooo hooo!
bb_1.jpg

Phantom Manor pin which I almost got last week in DLRP but thought I had it, I didn't so eBay came to my rescue.
e8_1.jpg

Denise and I had a Disney themed wedding reception and then honeymooned in DLRP - this seemed like the perfect pin for us.
91_1.jpg

A set of Stitch pins I almost got last week but then got them brand new on eBay this week for half the price - result!
b3_1.jpg

I am bidding on about 6 others at the moment including 2 more Stitch Invasion pins.

Oh great thread :thumbsup2 Since troops collect pins I'll look out their lanyards and post up photos :)

I havnt taken any pictures of my pins, will do asap and add them

:sunny:

Jodie

While in DLRP last week I bought a Pin Trading bag to keep them all in:

pinbag.jpg

Now I've transferred them from my old pin bag to the new one.

Pirates of the Caribbean Pins:
pinbagpins01.jpg

Stitch Pins:
pinbagpins1.jpg

Stitch Invasion Pins (many more to come, hopefully!):
pinbagpins2.jpg

Castle, Mickey and other Character Pins:
pinbagpins3.jpg

Land, Attraction, Limited Edition, Hotel and Tokyo Pins:
pinbagpins4.jpg

EuroDisney and Disney Store Pins:
pinbagpins5.jpg

The big Lady and the Tramp Pin:
pinbagpins6.jpg

And the other side:
pinbagpins7.jpg

Well, that's my collection so far.

Hi thats a great collection Steve. I have tried to avoid pin collecting as I tend to get a bit carried away with Disney collections - beanies,figurines,mini snowglobes!!. When we were there in August the kids got a starter kit each and a few others and looking at them all I can see the attraction.

I think I may buy a few next month when we are there but I need to decide on a theme. I quite fancy the idea of the ride pins as my DS picked up the Peter Pan and POTC and my DD picked up Star Tours. I never thought about picking them up on Ebay.

Jackie

Star Tours is another I thought I had and don't - next trip!

I just won 3 on eBay - all are limited edition and came out the day after we left!

7a_1.jpg

b2_1.jpg

stitchinvasionwdszr1.jpg

Also just won the Stitch invades Space Mountain 2, the collection grows:
dlrp-0065-stitchspacemountain2.jpg

I have to admit i am a sucker for anything with the words Disney and Limited Edition. I love your Stitch pins Steve.

Jackie

Steve you have got the habit bad. I would like to warn you now. Stoooop before it is too late.
I have over 2000 pins mostly on cork boards or in framed sets
My favourite ones are the original eurodisney ones which I nearly have all of.
Ebay is just a habit provider.

There are pin trading nights most months and 2/3 events a year. The next event should be in Feb. The date for this months PTN hasnt been released yet.

I like this big pin from the Pin trading day in august
photo1-1.jpg
and the set you could collect.
P1010472.jpg

WOW!! What a fantastic collection Steve, puts my 10 pins to shame!
So far I've got 2005 and 2006 (wish I'd gotten one for 2003 but going to keep looking for that on ebay) Sequoia Lodge, Big Thunder Mountain, Pirates of the Caribbean, Eeyore, Tigger and Pooh (with the springs at the back) and then two pins from DL California that a friend sent me, 50th anniversary one of Mickey marching with the disney gold ears to his left and a 50 on them and a Tigger pin where he's holding a small picture of Pooh and Piglet.
Going to look on ebay to see if I can add a Sante Fe pin (we stayed there in 2003), Davy Crockett (our first visit in 1993) and a few others I quite fancy too.

WOW on the wedding pin- what are the details of it? We had a light Disney theme at our wedding too, and went to DLP on our honeymoon, which happened to coincide with the 12th Anniversary of DLP. We got some great LE's from that too, mostly Tinkerbell though!

I've seen some of your framed collections on another part of DIS Nikki and they look amazing. I am going to attempt to frame some of mine at some point.

I'll look at the wedding pin when I get home (at work) Alyssa and report back.

eBay has been good to me again and my Stitch Invasion collection is coming on nicely:

Limited Edition 1200. Stitch invades DLRP
5f_1.jpg

Limited Edition 1200. Stitch invades It's A Small World
iasw.jpg

Limited Edition 1200. We went in Summer 2004 so this pin is a nice reminder.
c6_1.jpg

Limited Edition 900. 5 Year Anniversary of Pin Trading in DLRP
jessica5jahrestagvy0.jpg

wow, you guys have some great pins, i have about 3 lanyards of my own, and my sister donated another (all pretty much full of pins) to the cause. I too being a fan of stitch, try to get lots of stitch ones, and I managed to get 1 of the stitch invasion pins, "earful tower" whilst I was there last week as well as trading all 7 of the spares I took with me. I'll try and get the pics on of the ones I have.

I have to admit i am a sucker for anything with the words Disney and Limited Edition.

We're exactly the same :)

We've been pin trading since 2002, and between Paris, WDW and Ebay we've got a nice collection going on. I try and get anything I can with Goofy on it along with Pirates, Aladdin and the usual rides, lands, hotels etc etc. Claire goes for Stitch, Villains and Halloween

I'll try and get some photos organised a post them soon.

I bought a pin off ebay yesterday from WDW which has mickey, goofy and minnie above the name charlotte, which is great cause thats my name.

Im starting to think of ways to store my pins, as i don't have enough for one of those bags, and although they are all on lanyards, they're all kind of in the way.

I did think that as I have a large amount of fleece material, i could cut sheets of that and put them in a folder i have. Thats the best, and most practical idea ive come across so far.

Also, have a look at a website called pinpics (just type it in on google, etc). It has just about every disney pin and more on there along with tips on keeping the pins and they are all grouped so you can see sets, etc.

Just sharing my two cents (which is just about all i have after a trip to disney)

Talking of pin tradin is anyone going to the pin trading event in february?:cheer2:

Great pictures all! I wouldn't have said I was 'in' to the Pin thingy until recently. I bought several on my last visit. How do you display yours? I didn't want to be bothered with a lanyard since I wouldn't be swapping so I thought about buying a length of aida banding used for cross stitch to make a small banner for my wall.

Great pictures all! I wouldn't have said I was 'in' to the Pin thingy until recently. I bought several on my last visit. How do you display yours? I didn't want to be bothered with a lanyard since I wouldn't be swapping so I thought about buying a length of aida banding used for cross stitch to make a small banner for my wall.

If they are unfinished collection they go on a cork board on the wall and if they are finished sets they are framed and on my stairwell. i have pin collecting very badly. BUT Steve looks like he is gettting this way.
Some examples:

Picture001.jpg

Picture004.jpg

Picture007.jpg

15102006001.jpg

Or like this on the wall
pinboards003.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!