DLR REOPENING SUPERTHREAD (DL & DCA TBA; VGC POSTPONED; DTD OPENED 7/09/20 & BVS 11/19/20): KEEP CHECKING FIRST PAGE FOR OFFICIAL DLR UPDATES!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I managed to find a grocery store that had the tickets for sale still, but once I got to the register the cashier wasn't able to actually sell them to me and said the machine was telling her to pull all of them from the shelf. So, I assume any grocery store that still has them out is an error and that Disney isn't allowing the sale of any tickets anywhere at this time. Am I out of options?

Most likely yes; I would think about booking a hotel stay at an on property hotel. That’s probably the only slim chance you would have that Disney might sell a ticket to you, but even that isn’t guaranteed... there just isn’t clear official information right now...

Most likely yes; I would think about booking a hotel stay at an on property hotel. That’s probably the only slim chance you would have that Disney might sell a ticket to you, but even that isn’t guaranteed... there just isn’t clear official information right now...
Yeah, we already have a reservation at the Grand Californina for 7/24 - 7/28 (which we'll need to move, of course). That's why initially we didn't stress about the tickets themselves or buy them earlier because we figured that would be enough. It was only in the last couple weeks we started realizing it wouldn't be.

Yeah, we already have a reservation at the Grand Californina for 7/24 - 7/28 (which we'll need to move, of course). That's why initially we didn't stress about the tickets themselves or buy them earlier because we figured that would be enough. It was only in the last couple weeks we started realizing it wouldn't be.
When GCH calls to have you change dates, ask them to convert your reservation to a package with tickets.

That’s what WDW did for 2021 room-only guests - they asked them to convert to room + ticket packages.

When GCH calls to have you change dates, ask them to convert your reservation to a package with tickets.

That’s what WDW did for 2021 room-only guests - they asked them to convert to room + ticket packages.
For WDW have there been any cases where guests were able to convert the room only reservation to room + ticket for around the park opening, or even for this year? Or is it only for 2021 reservations?

For WDW have there been any cases where guests were able to convert the room only reservation to room + ticket for around the park opening, or even for this year? Or is it only for 2021 reservations?
Only for 2021. Prior to stopping the selling of tickets, Disney alerted all resort guests to purchase tickets in addition to their room-only reservations. Guests didn’t need a package but needed tickets to book park reservations.

This is why it's important to keep up with this thread. Mainly keep up with the first page -- the dates in red tell you when each official post from Disney was last updated -- and however many pages were posted since the last time you checked in. When WDW announced that on site reservations alone wouldn't guarantee park entry with their reservation system, we posted that as a heads up on this board. (DLR hasn't made their official announcement yet about their reservation system, but at least we know what to expect, i.e. how bad it could be, just in case.) So it's good that you're here now so that you'll know when DLR makes their announcement about starting ticket sales again. And make sure that you have the most recent version of the Disneyland App running on your phone -- that will help keep you up to date, too.

Do I get 5/12 of the money back if they are closed for 5 months?
Yes. Call and ask for the Refund Option.

Has this been officially confirmed anywhere? I've never been able to get anyone to confirm when I've called in if that is truly how the partial refund will be calculated and not some other more complicated method or without taking off some initial amount upfront first (like a downpayment), but this would definitely help to make a decision for me if this is known!

Has this been officially confirmed anywhere? I've never been able to get anyone to confirm when I've called in if that is truly how the partial refund will be calculated and not some other more complicated method or without taking off some initial amount upfront first (like a downpayment), but this would definitely help to make a decision for me if this is known!
The CMs do read from a script when you ask about the options. It’s calculated on the actual days of closure minus any blockout days, if you have an AP with blockout dates and the blockout days were during the closure.

Disney did stop payments and canceled our Flex APs without refunding our down payments because we had upgraded multi-day tickets to Flex. I wasn’t expecting any refund because of the ticket usage/upgrade and that was fine.

The CMs do read from a script when you ask about the options. It’s calculated on the actual days of closure minus any blockout days, if you have an AP with blockout dates and the blockout days were during the closure.

Disney did stop payments and canceled our Flex APs without refunding our down payments because we had upgraded multi-day tickets to Flex. I wasn’t expecting any refund because of the ticket usage/upgrade and that was fine.

That's exactly the sort of thing I want to have confirmation on before choosing the refund...I also upgraded from multiday tickets so will DL then just refund a portion of the amount I paid to upgrade rather than the full cost? And will the portion vary depending on whether some days were "good to go" versus reservation? Without having more clarity on these details I just have no idea if it would be worth it to get the partial refund versus an extension.

That's exactly the sort of thing I want to have confirmation on before choosing the refund...I also upgraded from multiday tickets so will DL then just refund a portion of the amount I paid to upgrade rather than the full cost? And will the portion vary depending on whether some days were "good to go" versus reservation? Without having more clarity on these details I just have no idea if it would be worth it to get the partial refund versus an extension.
You’d have to factor in that Flex is valid for all days except the two+ weeks Dec-Jan. Then calculate how much Flex is worth for each day that it’s valid. You also have to decide would you even use your Flex during the extended period?

For us, DLR would have to be closed for 8-10 months for us to be able to utilize Flex during an extension - Covid + our age will keep us out of the parks for quite awhile. That’s why we opted to ask for cancellation with stoppage of monthly payments and basically giving up the cost of our tickets that we upgraded. Health and peace of mind were our main reasons along with listening to DD, a former CM, mention “Disney” and “greedy” in the same sentence.

I'm just wondering if there has been anything official from Disneyland that I wasn't aware of regarding how exactly they will calculate the refunds since I haven't been able to get a straight answer on this whenever I've called in. I've already determined if it's a straight prorate off the total cost of the APs then I definitely want the partial refund but if it turns out just to be some portion of that then I'd rather have the extension.

What about being blocked out of one park, but not the other? This is going to be complicated for them to sort out. What if MaxPass isn’t available for the foreseeable future? I have a deluxe with Maxpass so I am curious how they will handle the refund and when that will happen.

What about being blocked out of one park, but not the other? This is going to be complicated for them to sort out. What if MaxPass isn’t available for the foreseeable future? I have a deluxe with Maxpass so I am curious how they will handle the refund and when that will happen.

We are in the same boat as you with deluxe passes with added Maxpass. We didn't get parking because we stay onsite. I think it should be the cost of the pass, plus any add ons, divided by days in a year, then multiplied by days park is closed. This seems to be a fair way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter