DLP closing again Oct 30!!

No Karin Not Confused . I am In Ireland & with Relations in Venlo , Amsterdam , & France

We Watch German , Dutch TV every night & BBC & USA TV

Your best bet is De Efteling or Toverland
That is still not an answer to why you think that France is asking you to quarantine in a hotel at your own expense or at someone else' expense.

Am i asking such a difficult question? 🙃

That is still not an answer to why you think that France is asking you to quarantine in a hotel at your own expense or at someone else' expense.

Am i asking such a difficult question? 🙃

It may be because the UK has done that and they will soon need a way of reopening without causing a risk of the sa variant?

France has now closed all borders as of today (land, sea and air) with full 6pm curfews for the whole of France.

Hospital admissions are 60% covid and the infection rate is going up. Less than 2% currently have had the Jab and with shortages until Mid April don't expect any park to open until June now.

The Kent/South African variant has also been found so expect cases to rise sharply.

I'm afraid we should expect a mid summer opening now.

For the best news I reccomed a you tuber called Dr john Campbell . I have watched his daily updates since January last year. And he's been spot on with everything. If you want some sort of easy to understand explaining with full sources and info he's brilliant.

10 days quarantine applies to selected countries for those traveling to the UK.

Just seen this, I've been keeping an eye on France's lockdown but hadn't seen this update! That'll have put the nail in the coffin on the May Disney trip. I'll wait for them to announce delayed closure and then call for a refund.

Thanks for having your eye on the news!

Just seen this, I've been keeping an eye on France's lockdown but hadn't seen this update! That'll have put the nail in the coffin on the May Disney trip. I'll wait for them to announce delayed closure and then call for a refund.

Thanks for having your eye on the news!

Your welcome and I feel for you but with such poor vacination numbers I think foreign visitors will have to jump through alot of loops.

France has now closed all borders as of today (land, sea and air) with full 6pm curfews for the whole of France.

Hospital admissions are 60% covid and the infection rate is going up. Less than 2% currently have had the Jab and with shortages until Mid April don't expect any park to open until June now.

The Kent/South African variant has also been found so expect cases to rise sharply.

I'm afraid we should expect a mid summer opening now.

For the best news I reccomed a you tuber called Dr john Campbell . I have watched his daily updates since January last year. And he's been spot on with everything. If you want some sort of easy to understand explaining with full sources and info he's brilliant.

10 days quarantine applies to selected countries for those traveling to the UK.
Dr John Campbell on you tube is a daily vitamin of scientific data and reality! Excellent resource for what is to come in the US.

Dr John Campbell on you tube is a daily vitamin of scientific data and reality! Excellent resource for what is to come in the US.

I'm so glad you agree! If he's right the USA and France will have it very bad by the end of the month.

We are pretty well locked down here in Italy, but this weekend we went back to Yellow (allows more movement and things to be open) which I don’t get because hardly anyone has gotten the vaccine yet, and people are already rushing out to do things again which will cause a new spike to start all over. It’s just rinse and repeat. I understand France/Germany/UK are in the same boat. Wanted to do all three this year but don’t see that happening.

We are pretty well locked down here in Italy, but this weekend we went back to Yellow (allows more movement and things to be open) which I don’t get because hardly anyone has gotten the vaccine yet, and people are already rushing out to do things again which will cause a new spike to start all over. It’s just rinse and repeat. I understand France/Germany/UK are in the same boat. Wanted to do all three this year but don’t see that happening.

Well today the UK announced all those in carehomes have now been jabbed and now 12 in 100 have had it. That could mean if you get it you can visit the UK this summer. France though I dont have much faith.

Well today the UK announced all those in carehomes have now been jabbed and now 12 in 100 have had it. That could mean if you get it you can visit the UK this summer. France though I dont have much faith.

All care homes in the UK have been offered the vaccine but not all have had it as people can't get into some due to covid. People need to be 4 weeks post covid to receive vaccine.

Any travel will most likely rely on recepricle agreements with both countries needing to have low numbers and possibly having a vaccine.

All care homes in the UK have been offered the vaccine but not all have had it as people can't get into some due to covid. People need to be 4 weeks post covid to receive vaccine.

Any travel will most likely rely on recepricle agreements with both countries needing to have low numbers and possibly having a vaccine.

That's true but with the first jab offering 60% protection and the effects in potential patients lower it puts the UK in a good position.

Let's hope more rollout happens.

Disneyland Paris just announced two events for 2021 are cancelled already: Disneyland Paris Pride (Gay days, but then organized by Disney, 12 June) and Electroland (series of concerts after hours, 2-4 July)

If that's the case I'm expecting a June soft opening. The French government today stopped publishing vaccination figures. The previous two days were around 20,000. Compared with over 900,000 over the weekend in the UK. France will not be out of the curfews/lockdowns until May at the earliest I believe now.

I'm sorry folks but if your planning DLP be prepared for it in late summer.

cancelled the half marathon weekend
Too bad if that's the case. But understandable, organising run events isn't Disney's core business. I think they are focusing on safely operating the parks. Then again, I do hope that the WDW marathon weekend in 2022 goes ahead, which I can then combine with Paris for my Castle to Chateau challenge.

Too bad if that's the case. But understandable, organising run events isn't Disney's core business. I think they are focusing on safely operating the parks. Then again, I do hope that the WDW marathon weekend in 2022 goes ahead, which I can then combine with Paris for my Castle to Chateau challenge.
In the meantime Disney also has published it themselves on their social media channels. It's not surprising, but I am disappointed. The run weekend is one of our traditions, besides the running it is always a relaxing stay. We stay longer, in a better room, and just enjoy the park.

I just looked online and didnt see any updates... Is anyone still believing they are opening on April 2nd? We are booked then but I am holding off cancelling some things.. I just dont want to give up hope. lol... I am guessing I am cancelling next week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!