DLP closing again Oct 30!!

I keep reading that Paris schools are on holiday the last few weeks of October - are 2021 dates known yet? We are tentatively planning to be at DLP on Friday Oct 15 and unsure if that overlaps with these holidays.
For my post above, I really tried to look up the dates, but couldn't find anything. However, France is a country of tradition. The only thing that might change is the order of which zone goes first when there is a holiday period. I think with Friday the 15th you should be good, it is more likely to start on the 18th.

Thanks Karin.
It's the last week in May/very start of June, so it sounds like crowds would be lower then (compared with August), if French schools aren't on holiday.

We have been many times in week 42 (mid october) because it's a danish holiday. It never seems crowded at that time.

Well we rebooked again for the 3rd time.. maybe a charm, lol... We have a credit with center parcs and our tickets are valid until September so we really didnt have a choice on when we could go.....so its the first Easter school holiday week. ugh :( But I dont want to move this trip to summer as we have other things to do.... We will be there the week before Easter.. I hope 1. Things are open 2. Its not too crazy... either it will be crazy as everybody like us are making up trips and not wanted tickets to expire or lower than usual due to the situation....

How bad is the week before Easter??? we are planning midweek days.. so I have that helps... worse case we have to cancel again.. our center parc credits is good for a long time,, and we go for a quick weekend sometime in summer....

parades and characters are not our thing..... just the the masks but we will deal with that. our other cancelled trips were planned with those in mind... and if we are lucky my mom has her vaccine by then too!!!! yipee.

Well we rebooked again for the 3rd time.. maybe a charm, lol... We have a credit with center parcs and our tickets are valid until September so we really didnt have a choice on when we could go.....so its the first Easter school holiday week. ugh :( But I dont want to move this trip to summer as we have other things to do.... We will be there the week before Easter.. I hope 1. Things are open 2. Its not too crazy... either it will be crazy as everybody like us are making up trips and not wanted tickets to expire or lower than usual due to the situation....

How bad is the week before Easter??? we are planning midweek days.. so I have that helps... worse case we have to cancel again.. our center parc credits is good for a long time,, and we go for a quick weekend sometime in summer....

parades and characters are not our thing..... just the the masks but we will deal with that. our other cancelled trips were planned with those in mind... and if we are lucky my mom has her vaccine by then too!!!! yipee.
You should be fine. School holidays don't start till the 11th in France, Easter is early April next year before the holidays. Most European countries have more or less the same schedule. So during the week should be good. As long as you stay from Good Friday and Easter Monday. :)

Just called to get our refund. :-( Wasn't any point rescheduling as they won't let you carry over any deal, so it's the same as making a new booking for the new dates with balance paid in full. I think I'll keep my money in my bank account for a bit.

Oh I'm sorry for everyone who has had cancelled trips - it's so hard when you're desperately looking for something to look forward to. We're booked for early May and I don't feel too optimistic about that going ahead.

We booked ours in July knowing that it might not happen. By the time it was time to pay the balance in December it was even more uncertain, but we thought we would just in case. It would have been an irresponsible thing for countries to do after all that resulted from European holidays last February holidays. But still. With America or Japan feeling so unobtainable for who knows how many years; a quick hop across the channel in my car is the most likely opportunity for some Disney. I worry that when it does reopen it will be full price to try and recoup some losses and so way beyond us.

Still PGL was fun this year. Plus with all the separation, renting a villa with a pool after vaccinations will be the best ever for my kids and their cousins. I bet so many people have that idea in Europe this summer.

Fingers crossed for 2022.

I know some of you are mourning the loss of your trips to Disneyland Paris, but this might you smile. I have just seen on Twitter, people are retweeting the DLP announcement, thinking its Disneyland California and blaming the Californian Governor, Gavin Newsom for extending the closure :rotfl2:

:sunny:I feel for all you that have missed out. I do feel though that even April is not going to happen. July possibly but the speed of the jabs in France is the key ingredient. It's woeful!!!

Remember if the UK and others have 75% or more done with the jab we can still spread and harvest the virus. (Currently thought by scientists).

I can see foreign travelers being made to quarantine.

On another note, I'm concerned that Eurostar are having major financial problems according to the press. They are asking the UK government for emergency loans and have cancelled 2 stations (Ashford and Ebbsfleet) until 2022.

A bit of a surprise as it's mostly owned by a French rail (government) company!

I'd be looking to get cash refunds for Eurostar travel. As I'm sure someone is waiting in the wings to buy the franchise if it goes under. I'd hate to think how much money Eurostar is burning and how many people have 'credit' with them.

My neighbor was on the VIP customer care team. She's been moved (with all others) to cover all customer care as they sacked the entire standard care teams and they are working with minimal staff and still trying to cut costs. The outlook for Eurostar does not look good.

I hope they pull through. I can imagine the alternative. It lays empty for a while, goes out to tender and then we have easytunnel or similar organisation running it on a shoestring with reduced safety and zero customer care. Stranding people in Paris every Saturday night just because they can get away with it.

ED92 just announced that Disneyland Paris has extended their closure to reopen on April 2nd, instead of February 13th.
There goes my March trip 2-
Same here! I think this is now the 4th time?! we have switched dates.. We were to check in the weekend before easter and now are moving it back a few days so our trip is basically the 2-4 of april. which should be pleasant ( I mean that sarcasticly. ) So I hope 1. the date sticks 2. covid restrictions allow us to travel 3. DLP has their game onwhen they reopen...

We really dont have much flexibitiy on how far we can keep pushing this trip out.. Tickets expire 30 sept. and our Center Parcs booking was a super deal.. Had I moved to the days after easter... it would have cost 1400 more!!! we we are keeping the reservation and adding Ibis on over the easter weekend for our park days... so in a way we extended by 1 day the trip.

I know at WDW Easter is hell.. how is DLP? I assume this year will be different anayways.

Forgo your trip Cancel your reservation & plan for 2022

Unless you wish to spend 10 days in a hotel at your own expence.

Forgo your trip Cancel your reservation & plan for 2022

Unless you wish to spend 10 days in a hotel at your own expence.
Can you give a source where it states that France is planning this? And is it for all countries or only certain countries, with or not within the EU?

Can you give a source where it states that France is planning this? And is it for all countries or only certain countries, with or not within the EU?

You need to only look at the papers (I get told off for links so I won't link) but on Wednesday it looks like France is going to go into a Full national lockdown. That coupled with the fact that France is doing very poorly with the vaccine and the quantity (because the EU was 6 months late to the party - although blaming the UK). Currently, they have administered 1 jab per 100 people, (UK 11, in 100). The French people also have a low uptake on jabs so it's going to be painfully slow.

It is required to take a test if arriving by boat or air now. France is about to be shut down until May/June now. I expect DLP to possibly be open in Aug in all reality.

You need to only look at the papers (I get told off for links so I won't link) but on Wednesday it looks like France is going to go into a Full national lockdown. That coupled with the fact that France is doing very poorly with the vaccine and the quantity (because the EU was 6 months late to the party - although blaming the UK). Currently, they have administered 1 jab per 100 people, (UK 11, in 100). The French people also have a low uptake on jabs so it's going to be painfully slow.

It is required to take a test if arriving by boat or air now. France is about to be shut down until May/June now. I expect DLP to possibly be open in Aug in all reality.
Yes, but not all countries where things go bad are implementing a hotel quarantine for incoming people. So if @Woodview has read it somewhere, I would like to know where. If Woodview is making it up or is confused with another country, I would also like to know.

Yes, but not all countries where things go bad are implementing a hotel quarantine for incoming people. So if @Woodview has read it somewhere, I would like to know where. If Woodview is making it up or is confused with another country, I would also like to know.

France has now closed all borders as of today (land, sea and air) with full 6pm curfews for the whole of France.

Hospital admissions are 60% covid and the infection rate is going up. Less than 2% currently have had the Jab and with shortages until Mid April don't expect any park to open until June now.

The Kent/South African variant has also been found so expect cases to rise sharply.

I'm afraid we should expect a mid summer opening now.

For the best news I reccomed a you tuber called Dr john Campbell . I have watched his daily updates since January last year. And he's been spot on with everything. If you want some sort of easy to understand explaining with full sources and info he's brilliant.

10 days quarantine applies to selected countries for those traveling to the UK.

No Karin Not Confused . I am In Ireland & with Relations in Venlo , Amsterdam , & France

We Watch German , Dutch TV every night & BBC & USA TV

Your best bet is De Efteling or Toverland

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter