DLH-standard during pool construction or PP-club level?

Fall1

DIS Veteran
Which would you choose? PP is $130 more total over 4 days. I'm thinking the D ticket pool and the PP pool look similar except that the slide at PP looks nice. We've never been, so hard to decide. Thanks!

ETA: we will definitely use the pool

Last edited:
Read this thread before deciding: www.disboards.com/threads/choosing-the-right-hotel-for-you.3656512/. Staying on site at DLR is different than at WDW. And there are pros and cons to on site and off at DLR. The "bubble" at DLR is very different, and some of the off site hotels are closer to the park gates than some of the on site hotels. So it helps to know your priorities and budget before making a decision. On site is nice, but off site can be close and save a bundle (which can be spent in the parks!). No wrong answer, only what is best for your family!

Read this thread before deciding: www.disboards.com/threads/choosing-the-right-hotel-for-you.3656512/. Staying on site at DLR is different than at WDW. And there are pros and cons to on site and off at DLR. The "bubble" at DLR is very different, and some of the off site hotels are closer to the park gates than some of the on site hotels. So it helps to know your priorities and budget before making a decision. On site is nice, but off site can be close and save a bundle (which can be spent in the parks!). No wrong answer, only what is best for your family!
Thank you! I did read that thread and we've decided on site is ideal for us, we will likely only come to CA once. We wanted the DLH but the pool construction has me a little thrown.

Thank you! I did read that thread and we've decided on site is ideal for us...
Good to know! Some people choose on site because they don't think they have any other options. Better to choose on site because that's what you really want!

I personally prefer the DLH. But PPH hotel is also very nice. Just a reminder, the lounge for the club level closes at 8pm.

Which would you choose? PP is $130 more total over 4 days. I'm thinking the D ticket pool and the PP pool look similar except that the slide at PP looks nice. We've never been, so hard to decide. Thanks!

We are going in a few days and had to decide between the two places. We love DLH and DD loves the pool there it is also closer than PP by like 2 minutes. DD isn't coming so we booked PPH because it was less and we have not stayed there. Then the AP offer came and the notice that DLH pool will be refurbished. So i called and ended up switching to GCH, which i think is a beautiful hotel and it was for about $200 more but we ended up switching back to DLH as our final decision. I though if the pools at DLH are closed then the one at PPH will just be packed since they only have one pool and DLH is closer and its our favorite and gives me the most I am at Disneyland feeling.

During construction, will DLH guests be able to use the pools at GCH?
I read somewhere on DIS that they had told someone that they could, but when i called in to switch and ask they said no only PPH pool. They said the pool is called California streaming and maybe they confused that for being GCH. Just passing on what a CM told me.

It depends on what time of year you'll be there. Also depends on whether or not you plan on using the pool.

Per DL website:
From January 7 to May 2019, the Disneyland Hotel pool area will undergo refurbishments in an ongoing effort to improve our Guest experience.

From January 7 to March 2019, the D-Ticket Pool, Mickey Spa, Minnie Spa, Monorail Pool and waterslides will be unavailable. Hotel Guests are invited to enjoy the E-Ticket Pool and will also have access to the California Streamin’ waterslide at Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel.

After March 2019, the D-Ticket Pool and Mickey Spa will once again be available to Guests, but the Monorail Pool, waterslides and Minnie Spa will remain unavailable until May 2019.

I have stayed At Paradise pier Hotel the last two times. Their concierge is hit or miss, the people are either wonderful or terrible; I haven’t seen an in between. And it closes at 8 PM. The walk from Paradise pier is insanely long, go with Disneyland hotel.

I'd still go with DLH standard, even with pool construction. We booked a standard room when we went in November. We ended up with a king room in the Adventure tower (mostly tree view and blocked DtD), but it made for AMAZING fireworks views. I've heard there are good standard room views of the fireworks from Fantasy tower too. The rest of the room was just amazingly charming. I loved all the Disney touches.

G-D5p3QwqikkDmnxCtu79elf3qvqWaQSmyauXbCLtDm3mP9ChOztzixAnTToTy2grrxZ5I4WX7eUKGIfhD691y9nirFHOJUQquTO1C9u2RBn9MD_lu_LfOtj-ckdvDZIs5Wb9Xf_18aPUxP_k5cvw9SQbiIHXJdE1o0DHbl3HKXtMrAwUrf82_B_D7TVVQEZkEtJRZrNzVyPUKLLnQ1_wxwO9fdPfXZWiK7atcky1bPk8pKzCd_DjTYqgQzAALbWD-qI_VLbxheqUgWskxb5nJFE-w2yhK0jCcfdPNUb_ZHVQwOvDgzaw4zfVCmFRaOLhGxrHlRNhaZAixngLDX1FSyfWfkQHnzp67a60Iy06sqHduM776RDVJokYRnrC1i3lP6Zhgr1a0CMmi5OqwLCiDELjKxpd_eptVBdHI1TmvLSPWr4jXwSU-jbLDRJkYwOclGSje91S1KFdROAeRe_BN9cB-s8RyhDK25TQqKe5wLu3Hb7lD13PJ6HJMH5C7v0AbbVHWJMVQCQTUdzlpRAaUVHNr6DdTReF_kVT2CuZblzymxrlPLZo_KFUYZMTgySwBx0WFbR7rGxavnV1eNWBHCcOu1hxvVAGiIgIk-qYNSRtN0ZrvlXqoQru6qAa8_qNLw6-h6nmL8ec0yCKHSq3jdylw=w1264-h948-no

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter