DL tickets and reservations - April 15!

Is there a place to see what Tier a certain day is past June 27? I want to know what type of tickets to buy for an August trip.

I already had tickets and made my reservations prior to yesterday. But, when I look at my reservations it shows the Park chosen and says All Day. We have Parkhopper tickets and I want to make sure I didn’t make reservations under the “1 Park per day Ticket Guests” tab by accident. Can anyone confirm that their ParkHopper reservations say “All Day” under their chosen park for that day? I understand that we can park hop after 1 pm just want to make sure I booked the right reservations

If you look carefully, it says "Arrival Time" and under that is where it says All Day.

It just means you can show up whenever, but have to enter that park first. There had been rumors of a timed ticket entry, so it seems maybe the system is set up to do that, but isn't currently being used.

Is there a place to see what Tier a certain day is past June 27? I want to know what type of tickets to buy for an August trip.
I would guess that August would be similar to June as far as what days (weekends or weekdays) are open to the different tier tickets. But no way that I know of to know for sure till they open that calendar 60 days ahead of time.

Nothing has sold out "completely" if the (alleged) resort hotel bucket availability is any indicator...
The resort hotel bucket is a "future use" module. Disney has specifically said hotel reservations won't get you a park reservation. For now, there are a few dates that are sold out.

The resort hotel bucket is a "future use" module. Disney has specifically said hotel reservations won't get you a park reservation. For now, there are a few dates that are sold out.
It's gone from "future use" to "off the record". Someone here was able to get park reservations for DL on 4/30 after they were "sold out", apparently because she had a resort reservation on her account. (She explained it in detail today in the Reopening Superthread.)

I really want Disney to stop being coy about it and explain what the real situation is.

It's gone from "future use" to "off the record". Someone here was able to get park reservations for DL on 4/30 after they were "sold out", apparently because she had a resort reservation on her account. (She explained it in detail today in the Reopening Superthread.)

I really want Disney to stop being coy about it and explain what the real situation is.

Once I buy my tickets for my July stay at GCH, I am going to try to reserve a sold out day ahead of my stay. If that is all it takes, why not just have a perpetual hotel reservation booked and then cancel it later, after going to the parks?

In the past for DLR, the name on the ticket didn't matter as they reenter the name at the turnstiles. We routinely use ThingOne, ThingTwo, etc on our tickets and never an issue - and rename at scanning

Thanks!

I'm hoping this will still apply now!

Once I buy my tickets for my July stay at GCH, I am going to try to reserve a sold out day ahead of my stay. If that is all it takes, why not just have a perpetual hotel reservation booked and then cancel it later, after going to the parks?
That's the loophole for some time WDW until they balanced out the hotel supply with the theme park holders. The tricky part right now is the 60 day rolling -- and with July4th so close, they have only a few weeks to figure out that issue

well, I messed up. Didn't realize that I also needed to reserve a day after buying my ticket? The only DL days left are days I can't miss work. I feel so stupid for not realizing I needed to make a rez. Am I the only one who finds this whole process incredibly confusing? Am I officially an old person who no longer understands technology?

That's the loophole for some time WDW until they balanced out the hotel supply with the theme park holders. The tricky part right now is the 60 day rolling -- and with July4th so close, they have only a few weeks to figure out that issue
I assume WDW limits park passes to the days of the stay - if they haven't coded that part of the park reservation system yet, that might explain why they haven't announced it, and why their wording has downplayed it so hard.

well, I messed up. Didn't realize that I also needed to reserve a day after buying my ticket? The only DL days left are days I can't miss work. I feel so stupid for not realizing I needed to make a rez. Am I the only one who finds this whole process incredibly confusing? Am I officially an old person who no longer understands technology?
No the process was confusing. They should’ve designed the site to where you buy and make reservations immediately after. Not rejoin the queue and wait for a reservation after buying.

It is live!! I just looked at it using my reservation. I called and asked about it. Hotel reservations are a separate reservation now. You can go to your Disneyland account and enter any reservations, and then you can click the button to buy tix or make reservations. If you cancel your reservation, it will also cancel your theme park reservation as they are linked.

Disney deserves some modest blame for that - the link to book park reservations after purchasing tickets should have been way more obvious than it was. One of the bigger issues we had in this thread was how many people simply couldn't find the link to book park reservations, and got kicked back into the queue when they couldn't find it.

I kept having to post this:
https://disneyland.disney.go.com/entry-reservation/

I would suggest this: keep checking the calendar every day to see if they've opened up more spots on days you can make it, especially as we get closer to those days.

I would suggest this: keep checking the calendar every day to see if they've opened up more spots on days you can make it, especially as we get closer to those days.
I'm going to keep checking, or just hold it until July or October when I go with my family. I was really looking forward to my solo day though :(

We can leave and come back to the park that day right? so If I have a ticket for May 8th and go to Disneyland in the morning but want to take a small break and go to the hotel I can still re-enter Disneyland right?

Just checked again - 4/30 is completely sold out for park hoppers. 1 day tickets can still get into DCA only.

If I read this disclaimer correctly, Park Hoppers purchased to get into another park should be taken with caution too:

So if one wanted to go to DCA but single park tickets were unavailable but PH can be purchased, there's a chance the park can reach capacity.

We can leave and come back to the park that day right? so If I have a ticket for May 8th and go to Disneyland in the morning but want to take a small break and go to the hotel I can still re-enter Disneyland right?
Yep! It'll be like normal - you can come and go as you please. I think the only stoppage would be if they limited parkhopping for some reason, but you'd still have access to DL (or whichever park you started in) if they limited parkhopping.

If I read this disclaimer correctly, Park Hoppers purchased to get into another park should be taken with caution too.
So if one wanted to go to DCA but single park tickets were unavailable but PH can be purchased, there's a chance the park can reach capacity.
That's pretty much the general disclaimer that they've always put on tickets. I think it will end up being more difficult to hop to DL than to DCA just based on the availability calendars but people haven't had any trouble hopping to "sold out" parks at WDW so there's a chance that DLR built PH into its capacity calculation so everyone with hoppers can hop freely with only a few days/times reaching capacity.

No the process was confusing. They should’ve designed the site to where you buy and make reservations immediately after. Not rejoin the queue and wait for a reservation after buying.

I didn't have to rejoin the queue. After I bought my tickets, I linked them manually to my account using the barcode they showed (the .pdf file of the e tickets) and then was able to immediately access the reservation system to reserve my days. I did it all at the same time. Maybe because my queue position hadn't timed out yet?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter