• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DL tickets and reservations - April 15!

Are your park reservations supposed to show in your account and/or the app? I don't see them in either.

The first day shows in the app. As of last night clicking on it to “manage reservations” only took you to the waiting room. So there has to be a place on the website to see them, but the traffic is making hard.

Thanks! I totally missed the home page on the app. I was only looking here.

Attachments

• 20210416_062438.jpg
    20210416_062438.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 6
Hopefully nothing more sells out and Disney is forced to look at reinstating APs.

It doesnt look good when they cant sell 25% of park capacity for California residents when people are starved to go out and do something. (And basically anyone 16 and over can get a vaccine now)

Ok! Now that the craziness from yesterday has mellowed out, I’ve got a question: We ended up purchasing 2 tickets for friends because they were having no luck getting through l, but now I can’t figure out how to transfer them to their account. If I make the reservations for them will they have any issues using them (they’re planning on going on a day that we aren’t going)?

Also, in looking at my tickets in the app (one park tier 3) they are showing an expiration date of July 28,2021. It seems so short, but we clicked through the purchase process so quickly we didn’t really pay attention to any expiration language. Does this seem right?

Update on Days Gone as of 4/16/21 6:45am Pacific time:

4/30: DL for 1 Park and PH
5/1: DL for 1 Park and PH
5/2: DL for 1 Park and PH
5/8: DL for 1 Park and PH
5/15: DL for 1 Park and PH
5/16: DL for 1 Park
5/18: DL for 1 Park
5/19: DL for 1 Park
5/22: DL for 1 Park and PH
5/29: DL for 1 Park and PH
6/4: DCA for 1 Park and PH
6/5: DCA and DL for 1 Park and PH
6/12: DL for 1 Park and PH

I’m seeing two expiration dates in the fine print, one says must be used by June 2, 2021 and another says expires by June 2, 2022!? Can anyone clarify this? I made reservations for May 25, 2021 but we live really close by and if it’s too hot or I can’t make it that day for whatever reason, I wanted to be able to change it to a later date down the road. Now I’m not sure if I can. And can anyone tell me if I can reassign one of my tickets to someone else if the person’s name I put for one of the tickets can’t make it?
I miss the old days when you could just buy a physical ticket and there wasn’t all this date and name rules. You just used it whenever.

Hopefully nothing more sells out and Disney is forced to look at reinstating APs.

It doesnt look good when they cant sell 25% of park capacity for California residents when people are starved to go out and do something. (And basically anyone 16 and over can get a vaccine now)

This is my hope too! We are locals and prior APs. I can’t justify ~$150/day per person with limited offerings, I’d be OK with multi-day tickets but don’t like the 13 day restriction.

Until Disney can offer more of the stuff that makes them worth a premium to our family (shows, character meets, fireworks, parades, good and efficient service), I’m not willing to pay the premium.

Of course, like many of you I was in queue yesterday for several hours before giving up. I wanted to see what the process was, and was of course very tempted...I hope all who wanted tickets were able to get them and I look forward to hearing how it is.

Hoping they can get all the kinks worked out soon and reintroduce some of the offerings that are important to us so we can go visit one of our favorite places - our kiddos are prime ages for DL and it’s been a bummer to not have it open for so long.

Ok! Now that the craziness from yesterday has mellowed out, I’ve got a question: We ended up purchasing 2 tickets for friends because they were having no luck getting through l, but now I can’t figure out how to transfer them to their account. If I make the reservations for them will they have any issues using them (they’re planning on going on a day that we aren’t going)?

Also, in looking at my tickets in the app (one park tier 3) they are showing an expiration date of July 28,2021. It seems so short, but we clicked through the purchase process so quickly we didn’t really pay attention to any expiration language. Does this seem right?
I'm hoping that they implement something to allow this. The backup plan that seems foolproof is to give them your Disneyland login information. Then they can log into your account on an App on their phone to use their tickets without you being present.

I suspect your expiration date stems from the 13-days after first use expiration period. Tickets I bought from Disney yesterday expire January 2023.

Last edited:

They could try linking the tickets to their account. That worked for me. If not, maybe send them screenshots of their tickets? Do they have to be in the app?

I’m seeing two expiration dates in the fine print, one says must be used by June 2, 2021 and another says expires by June 2, 2022!? Can anyone clarify this? I made reservations for May 25, 2021 but we live really close by and if it’s too hot or I can’t make it that day for whatever reason, I wanted to be able to change it to a later date down the road. Now I’m not sure if I can. And can anyone tell me if I can reassign one of my tickets to someone else if the person’s name I put for one of the tickets can’t make it?
I miss the old days when you could just buy a physical ticket and there wasn’t all this date and name rules. You just used it whenever.
It might be the tiered one day tickets have weird wording on them. This is what my 3 day park hopper email says.

Multi-Day Ticket Expiration
Tickets expire 13 days after first use or January 12, 2023, whichever occurs first.

Update on Days Gone as of 4/16/21 6:45am Pacific time:

4/30: DL for 1 Park and PH
5/1: DL for 1 Park and PH
5/2: DL for 1 Park and PH
5/8: DL for 1 Park and PH
5/15: DL for 1 Park and PH
5/16: DL for 1 Park
5/18: DL for 1 Park
5/19: DL for 1 Park
5/22: DL for 1 Park and PH
5/29: DL for 1 Park and PH
6/4: DCA for 1 Park and PH
6/5: DCA and DL for 1 Park and PH
6/12: DL for 1 Park and PH
So I’m totally read the calendar different. For example 5/1 shows DCA still when you click park hopper. I’m reading that as you can only start at DCA and park hop to DL. Not that DL is sold out for park hoppers just that you can start there. That calendar is weird.

They have a process in place to continue looking at AP's. Yesterday was day one of opening ticket purchases in a whole new world. Rolling out reopening after a year of being closed is going to be an undertaking for Disney. One day at a time. Hopefully you get to come back soon and enjoy the magic!

So I’m totally read the calendar different. For example 5/1 shows DCA still when you click park hopper. I’m reading that as you can only start at DCA and park hop to DL. Not that DL is sold out for park hoppers just that you can start there. That calendar is weird.
Correct. I’m just posting what’s gone in terms of making actual reservations. So if DL is gone on the PH you can’t start your day there.

I got my tickets and reservations early this morning (I did not want to go opening week, I also wanted to wait a couple of weeks too...) It wasn’t as stressful as a touch of Disney. I think I know now to try and get reservations early in the morning.

Yeah; despite hours of waiting and delays - DL still sold to capacity on several weekends. Today will give a lot clearer picture on what's filling out and stuffing the hotels at $800+ a night.

Disney not going to pull local AP lever until the dust settles.

It leaves us with paring down to a 3 day memorial day stay and tickets instead of multiple short stays and tickets --- yet VGC completely sold out for the entire summer already. I too want to bennies and thrill of everything back and can suffice with small boluses of Disney every few months for now until variety of APs come back.

Disney's priority is fill the hotels + parks with pent up dollar spending Californian tourists. Plenty of them.

My big take-away from yesterday was the compassion and willingness to help out one another that I saw all day yesterday, willingness to take the time to hold on to and keep checking queues even though the queue holder had already purchased tickets and made reservations, with the thought of “paying it forward” to those that weren’t as lucky in the queue.

Really heartwarming to see that. Thanks, everyone!

Does anyone know if you buy a tier 1 ticket if when you go to make a reservation you're able to upgrade that ticket?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter