DL & Ski/snow trip MG 2006

noladave

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
Having been there done that @ WDW, we decided to take the kids to DL next Mardi Gras, Feb 28 2006. Since the kids have never played in snow, we would like to make a side trip, skiing is optional, but snow is a must. I noticed in another post, that they sugest Big Bear, since it's only an hour or two away.

Has anyone done a combination trip like this? ANy clues to how the crowds are at DL during Mardi Gras?? Crowds last year at WDW during MG were significant, but not summer time sized.

Any other suggestions are welcome!

Interesting combo your planning.

First-off, I don't think DLR will see any significant increase in traffic for Mardi Gras. Well, maybe Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen might be crowded that night but that's probably the extent of it.

For winter sports Big Bear will indeed be your best bet. The ski and snow play areas there make their own white stuff so you're virtually guaranteed something to slide on even if there's no natural snow. Check out Magic Mountain for tubing and Snow Summit for skiing.

If Southern California has another huge snow year like it did most recently then Wrightwood and the Mount Baldy area are a shorter drive. The facilities aren't too hot at either place and the snow can be hit-or-miss so I'd still stick with BB.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter