Divorce 202: How to Survive WDW with exDH

While I continue to get the next chapter ready, I thought I would share this with all of you. exDH had the kids this weekend and he took them to the beach on Saturday.

I went shopping :woohoo: While I was at the mall, I began to receive text messages from exDH. It went like this:

ex: DD is getting hit on by 2 boys. As a concerned parent, what do I do?
me: Are they cute?
ex: They are older.
me: Leave her alone.
ex: sends picture
610713575_afk5Y-L.jpg

me: Oh. They're cute.
me: DS is supervising she is fine.
ex: Just like her mom to like the older guys
me: Taught her well
ex:
610713577_bcRgw-L.jpg

Awhile passes by and then:
ex: They are teaching her how to surf!
610713578_6eUZz-L.jpg

I thought it was wonderful! DD has anxiety so it was great to see her playing with kids without having to encourage her - she initiated it herself and was able to communicate and play with some children a few years older. Notice, however, in all 3 pictures DS is keeping a close eye!

And in other news ...

3 weeks to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:maleficen:tinker::ccat::donald::dumbo::sulley: :tigger: :simba::stitch::figment::goofy::mickeyjum: hmghost: :mickeybar

As I type this in 3 weeks, we should be on the queue for Magical Express!

While I continue to get the next chapter ready, I thought I would share this with all of you. exDH had the kids this weekend and he took them to the beach on Saturday.

I went shopping :woohoo: While I was at the mall, I began to receive text messages from exDH. It went like this:

ex: DD is getting hit on by 2 boys. As a concerned parent, what do I do?
me: Are they cute?
ex: They are older.
me: Leave her alone.
ex: sends picture
me: Oh. They're cute.
me: DS is supervising she is fine.
ex: Just like her mom to like the older guys
me: Taught her well
ex:

Awhile passes by and then:
ex: They are teaching her how to surf!

I thought it was wonderful! DD has anxiety so it was great to see her playing with kids without having to encourage her - she initiated it herself and was able to communicate and play with some children a few years older. Notice, however, in all 3 pictures DS is keeping a close eye!

And in other news ...
3 weeks to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:maleficen:tinker::ccat::donald::dumbo::sulley: :tigger: :simba::stitch::figment::goofy::mickeyjum: hmghost: :mickeybar

As I type this in 3 weeks, we should be on the queue for Magical Express!

!!!!!!!!!!! So should we!!!!! When does your flight come in? We can sit together! We'll all be bus buddies.

:rotfl:

Those pictures are so cute by the way.... your daughter has great taste. :lmao:

So cute! It must've been fun to get the updates from the beach!!!

I'm glad it was good for her to be at the beach - and you are leaving so soon!!!

awww so cute! glad to see she came out of her shell so to speak! love DS watching over his sister too :)

DS is very protective - quite a site!

!!!!!!!!!!! So should we!!!!! When does your flight come in? We can sit together! We'll all be bus buddies.

:rotfl:

Those pictures are so cute by the way.... your daughter has great taste. :lmao:

:rotfl2: Wouldn't that be funny! Flight lands at 9:46am

So cute! It must've been fun to get the updates from the beach!!!

I'm glad it was good for her to be at the beach - and you are leaving so soon!!!

Oh yes, it was fun. And I had a little laugh at how 'concerned' - if that is the right word - exDH was getting over 4 and 5 year old boys. Very cute though!

Pictures are too cute of DD. Just you wait!! This is just the beginning. I bet she will turn into a boy crazy little girl like my DD who is six.

Sooooo cute!! It looks like they had a goodtime at the beach! I hope mommy had a good time at the mall!!!

3 weeks will fly by!!! I'm so jealous ;)

:rotfl2: Wouldn't that be funny! Flight lands at 9:46am

We get in at 10:15, so depending on if we're early (or you're late), or the bus takes a while to get there, we may be on the same bus, since we're going to resorts right next to each other! That'd be too funny!

What a cute story! DD is almost 3, right?

My DS7 is totally girl crazy. He's had a "girlfriend" every year since PreK2 (and it has always been mutual).

Last year, in first grade, another little boy actually hit him in the face over a girl in their class (who apparently prefered my DS to the other little boy). What can I do, he's a cutie (as is his brother DS4).

(and we did have a conference-two actually-with the teacher-and the Vice Principal-about the situation, in case anyone was worried)

I think it is adorable that your DS is watching her so closely!

And I am SO glad I don't have a girl! Good luck with THAT in a couple years. ;)

Pictures are too cute of DD. Just you wait!! This is just the beginning. I bet she will turn into a boy crazy little girl like my DD who is six.

I can see it coming! Although she is very into "baseball is for boys dancing is for girls, stage"

Sooooo cute!! It looks like they had a goodtime at the beach! I hope mommy had a good time at the mall!!!

3 weeks will fly by!!! I'm so jealous ;)

Mommy had a great time at the mall! I have to upload the pics of my presents to me!

We get in at 10:15, so depending on if we're early (or you're late), or the bus takes a while to get there, we may be on the same bus, since we're going to resorts right next to each other! That'd be too funny!

Yes, we would be on the same bus - you will have to keep an eye out for us - we'll be easy to spot! HUGE double stroller and me with the camera! LOL! :rotfl:

What a great idea to dress up like IASW dolls!! I hope you have a great trip!

Thank you! :goodvibes Speaking of costumes, I need to order them!

What a cute story! DD is almost 3, right?

My DS7 is totally girl crazy. He's had a "girlfriend" every year since PreK2 (and it has always been mutual).

Last year, in first grade, another little boy actually hit him in the face over a girl in their class (who apparently prefered my DS to the other little boy). What can I do, he's a cutie (as is his brother DS4).

(and we did have a conference-two actually-with the teacher-and the Vice Principal-about the situation, in case anyone was worried)

I think it is adorable that your DS is watching her so closely!

And I am SO glad I don't have a girl! Good luck with THAT in a couple years. ;)

OMG! DS got hit? Poor kid! Gee - the other boy must really have been jealous!

Yes, the dreaded 'To Do' List before we can go to WDW!

Let's see what the damage is, shall we? :lmao:

1) finish Minnie invites for client
2) design DD's bday invites
3) order supplies for DD's invites
4) make DD's invites
5) mail DD's invites
6) confirm that exDH has arranged transportation to/from EWR
7) sort DD and DS's clothes to weed out anything that doesn't fit
8) purchase any last minute clothes for DD and DS, if necessary
9) finish bow order for client
10) clean my room
11) clean DD & DS's room
12) clean playroom - clear out old toys
13) order MNSSHP tix
14) buy pins for trading
15) buy costumes for DD & DS
16) party shop - try on costumes for me and purchase
17) make sure exDH orders his costume
18) create IASW lost dolls sign
19) have sign printed
20) purchase glow bracelets or necklaces
21) haircuts for DD, DS, and myself
22) mani & pedi for me
23) eyebrows waxed
24) begin making princess tutu dresses for DD's bday party
24) begin making coordinating princess bows for DD's bday party
25) create princess bows for DD for trip (Aurora, Cinderella)
26) buy diapers & wipes for DS
27) buy sunblock & make up
28) buy suitcase
29) pack camera equip
30) pack for DD, DS, and myself
31) charge camera batteries
32) create list of pins to look for to trade
33) pester webdesigner to have my websites finished before I leave

So I leave in 19 days ... better get to work, huh?

In other news, I called Disney to order our MNSSHP tix, but was told by the CM to call back later since their systems were down. :mad:

Coming up - shopping goodies!

as a divorced mom who's ex has suggested this same thing, I have to see how it unfolds!

Yes, the dreaded 'To Do' List before we can go to WDW!

Let's see what the damage is, shall we? :lmao:

4) make DD's invites
5) mail DD's invites

Feel free to check out and snag the invites I just made for my DD birthday party. I have them in my PTR along with "instructions"

Feel free to check out and snag the invites I just made for my DD birthday party. I have them in my PTR along with "instructions"

Thanks- very cute invitations. DD had a Minnie birthday last year.

These were her invitations:
365606793_7VWMm-L.jpg

This year, it's an Aurora birthday and I'm building a 3-d castle invite to replicate Sleeping Beauty's Castle in DL.

:eek: That's insane! You're so creative. :thumbsup2 Looks great.

It'd be fun if we're on the same bus... I'll watch for the double stroller... and if I can't find that, I'll follow the people who's heels have just been clipped by it. :rotfl:

as a divorced mom who's ex has suggested this same thing, I have to see how it unfolds!

Glad you are joining us!

:eek: That's insane! You're so creative. :thumbsup2 Looks great.

It'd be fun if we're on the same bus... I'll watch for the double stroller... and if I can't find that, I'll follow the people who's heels have just been clipped by it. :rotfl:

Thanks - I've been designing invites for over 6 years now. I mostly do weddings, showers - adult parties, so it's fun to be able to design stuff for DD and DS's parties. I tend to go overboard with it! Of course, it then ends up in my portfolio and in my store.

LOL! :lmao: About the stroller! I'm very concious of the stroller, but exDH will need to get used to it!

Red = Complete
Green = In progress
Black = Haven't Touched Yet

4) make DD's invites
5) mail DD's invites
6) confirm that exDH has arranged transportation to/from EWR
7) sort DD and DS's clothes to weed out anything that doesn't fit
8) purchase any last minute clothes for DD and DS, if necessary
9) finish bow order for client
10) clean my room
11) clean DD & DS's room
12) clean playroom - clear out old toys
13) order MNSSHP tix
14) buy pins for trading
15) buy costumes for DD & DS
16) party shop - try on costumes for me and purchase
17) make sure exDH orders his costume
18) create IASW lost dolls sign
19) have sign printed
20) purchase glow bracelets or necklaces
21) haircuts for DD, DS, and myself
22) mani & pedi for me
23) eyebrows waxed
24) begin making princess tutu dresses for DD's bday party
24) begin making coordinating princess bows for DD's bday party
25) create princess bows for DD for trip (Aurora, Cinderella)
26) buy diapers, pull ups, swim diapers & wipes for DS
27) buy sunblock & make up
28) buy suitcase
29) pack camera equip
30) pack for DD, DS, and myself
31) charge camera batteries
32) create list of pins to look for to trade
33) pester webdesigner to have my websites finished before I leave
34) create LGMH tag for stroller
35) purchase plane activities for DD & DS

3 items done, found an unopened package of pull ups for DS that exMIL had bought for him so I placed that aside (he is potty training - at home he wears the padded training underpants, but his timing is still off, hates diapers and will only wear them for bed)

Tonight my goal is to:
-cut and mark ribbon for Minnie invite order
-work on DD's invite design
-sew bows for Minnie invite order
-calculate what I need to order for DD's invites
-purchase glow bracelets/necklaces
-purchase airplane activities for DD & DS
-work on IASW lost dolls sign
-upload pics on all memory cards (so I can post my shopping update!)

Sooooo... as you can see I was able to purchase our MNSSHP party tix. Earlier when I called the systems were down. I spoke to a very nice CM who was impressed that we were going for 13 days. I told her this was a 'short' trip - last one was 19! LOL!

She asked if I purchased my MVMCP tix yet - don't have a trip planned for that time of year this year :( Maybe next year!

But I have a long weekend of sorts trip in February to celebrate my big 3-0! (PTR to follow when I actually have dates and info to go along with it other than the fact that I am turning 30). In addition to our yearly April/May long trip that will hopefully include Mom Mom and Dee Dad as well this time! And if this trip with exDH turns out ok, it may become an annual thing too.

OK, OK, enough blabbering ..

I also purchased the kids' costumes and sent exDH the link so he can purchase his.

I made a quick side trip over to Ebay and purchased a 100 pin trading lot for $121.99 including Priority Mail shipping. No doubles. The kids are waking up from their naps so I can't go upstairs to work on the pins-to-look-out-for list.

Which costumes for the kids did you go with? Dutch Boy and Swedish Girl?

Your Minnie invites are ADORABLE - wish I saw those before I began making mine. I would have loved to hire out... Lazy mom, bad mom! I am glad that I did put my heart into her invites though :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter