Divorce 202: How to Survive WDW with exDH

Wow, I can't wait to see it all unfold! I have so much respect for two parents who are able to do this kind of thing for your children. So kudos to you and I hope you guys have an awesome time! Can't wait to read more.

Seems to be coming alltogether!! How exciting!!
Have a great Day!!
:wave:

I'm getting there ... haven't packed yet, had piles but the kids 'decorated' their room with them. :rotfl:

Im totally hooked on your TR! :thumbsup2 It looks like youve really whittled down your list! :goodvibes those birthday invitations are ADORABLE! :wizard: I really love your creative costume idea! :love: it looks like you arent very far away from your adventure now!!

Thanks - glad you like the invites. Been busy getting DD's invites together to be mailed out tomorrow! :thumbsup2

Sign me up. DH and I don't vacation well together and we're married. I can't imagine vacationing with him voluntarily if we were divorced. :rotfl: Good for you both that you can put aside your differences for the sake of the kids.

I'll be at WDW 8/30-9/6 and attending MNSSHP on 9/4 also. I'll keep an eye out for you while we're there.

Definitely - hopefully we'll bump into each other!

Your list is coming along great - not much longer!

Where can you rent lenses? I might have to look in to that!

online there are quite a few places; I rent from lensdepot - located in FL; it's a husband and wife. they are very nice.

You are getting so close to going. I wish I had half of the energy and organization that you have and have two young children to boot. :worship:

:rotfl2: My grandmother says the same thing - I always feel like I don't have enough and never get things done! Thank you! :goodvibes

We will be there at the same time, but we're not doing MNSSHP - too bad! I am looking forward to looking out for LGMHs!!! Speaking of - I need to make sure I can find them!

I have to make a run over to Home Depot today to pick some up!

:dance3: four more days!!! Hope your getting everything all set and not stressing!

No stress - just seems like there is lots still to do, like pack! Very important thing to remember!

Saw your title and I had to join in. Last summer, myself, my X and our 2 girls ages 6 & 3 did the Disney 15 day repo cruise to California with my parents. And we shared an inside cabin!!!! Everyone thought we were crazy, so I did a trip report on it too. We survived it but I was reminded why we divorced those vacation days. I'm glad I'm not the only one who has done something like this.
I'll look forward to reading about it and I'm cheering for you! :cheer2:

Thank you! I sure do need cheerleaders for this. My mom mentioned to me that I don't seem excited for the trip, and sadly, I'm not in the way I usually am. I keep reminding myself that I will have fun with DD and DS. I'm nervous about traveling with ex though!

HI! Danielle, I probably won't be on here alot in the next 2 days but I just wanted to make sure I told you to have a Safe Trip! I'll see you on the 29th at the BWI Pool Party if not before! :thumbsup2

We're hoping to make it to one of the other Pool Parties as well - we will see, but definitely the 29th! :thumbsup2 Be safe!

Hi Jess. Maybe our paths will cross during our trips. Enjoy and I'll be looking out for your LGMH!

Thanks! Will you have LGMH too?

Wow, I can't wait to see it all unfold! I have so much respect for two parents who are able to do this kind of thing for your children. So kudos to you and I hope you guys have an awesome time! Can't wait to read more.

Thank you. I'm sure there will be interesting tales to tell!

Danielle, Did I miss you posting it or did you not have any luck yet with your costume?

Red = Complete
Green = In progress
Black = Haven't Touched Yet

1) finish Minnie invites for client :yay:
2) design DD's bday invites
3) order supplies for DD's invites
4) make DD's invites
5) mail DD's invites - will be mailed out on Monday :cheer2:
6) confirm that exDH has arranged transportation to/from EWR
7) sort DD and DS's clothes to weed out anything that doesn't fit
8) purchase any last minute clothes for DD and DS, if necessary - see below
9) finish bow order for client
10) clean my room
11) clean DD & DS's room
12) clean playroom - clear out old toys
13) order MNSSHP tix
14) buy pins for trading
15) buy costumes for DD & DS
16) party shop - try on costumes for me and purchase
17) make sure exDH orders his costume
18) create IASW lost dolls sign - Thank you Danica!
19) have sign printed
20) purchase glow bracelets or necklaces
21) haircuts for DD, DS, and myself
22) pedi for me
23) eyebrows waxed
24) begin making princess tutu dresses for DD's bday party
24) begin making coordinating princess bows for DD's bday party
25) create princess bows for DD for trip (Aurora, Cinderella)
26) buy diapers, pull ups, swim diapers & wipes for DS
27) buy sunblock & make up
28) buy suitcase - just going to use my parents
29) pack camera equip
30) pack for DD, DS, and myself
31) charge camera batteries
32) create list of pins to look for to trade
33) pester webdesigner to have my websites finished before I leave - conclusion: not happening :scared1::mad:
34) create LGMH tag for stroller
35) purchase plane activities for DD & DS

Yesterday, I went to the mall with the kids, my mom and my sister. We got pedicures and I bought my makeup. My mom preordered Snow White on blu ray with this limited edition doll at The Disney Store, and of course bought a few things for the kids.

Last night everyone (parents, grandparents, DSis, DBIL, the kids and I) went to the boardwalk for the night. The kids loved going on the rides, as usual and we spent quite a bit of time watching the tide come in. While we were eating ice cream, a huge wave - crest was probably 15ft., no exaggeration - crashed next to the an eating area where we were. The boardwalk was smashed up and the canopies were bent and ruined. DD was a bit scared to see the waves come up like this but was fine later watching the water cover the entire beach. Actually it not only covered the entire boardwalk but was continuing under the boards and into the street in some areas. I took photos - I'd like to get out to another beach closer to me today and see what that looks like, but I don't think I'll have time.

The lens I rented didn't come on Thursday, as scheduled. It didn't leave teh Fed Ex Memphis location until 3pm on Thurs. At that point, I knew I wasn't getting it. A whole day wasted. :sad2: I did receive it Friday around 11am. :woohoo: Of course, I brought that lens to the boardwalk!

Today I need to: finish DD's invites so they can be mailed tomorrow, I received another order from my shop so I need to do that (it's a small one) - my mom will mail that out for me on Tuesday, PACK, dump all my pics from the memory cards onto my harddrive, charge camera batteries.

Only a couple more days how exciting!!! I have enjoyed watching you be able to cross things off your to do list as you go along!!! The more red the closer you are to DISNEY!!! YAY!!!!!

So excited to hear all about your trip!!! Hope you guys have an amazing time!!!

Which lens did you rent?

I rented the 24 - 70mm f/2.8 L USM :thumbsup2

Only a couple more days how exciting!!! I have enjoyed watching you be able to cross things off your to do list as you go along!!! The more red the closer you are to DISNEY!!! YAY!!!!!

So excited to hear all about your trip!!! Hope you guys have an amazing time!!!

Thank you! I will be popping back in later to give you all an update of my packing progress!

Just read all 12 pages..whew (meanwhile nothing on my to do list today will get done!)..

I can't wait for the TR! Will you be doing one?

Have a fun and safe trip!! Where the waves bad from TS Bill? I haven't watched the weather this weekend, but heard people died somewhere. Those waves can be bad, we have seen it first hand on a few vacations to the beach.

OMG! Have a wonderful time! I can't wait to hear all about it and see all your wonderful pics!!!!

Alright! I hope I see you in line tomorrow!!!!!!! Have a safe flight, and if I don't see you then, we'll see you at the pool party!!!!! :woohoo:

All caught up and now you're gone!

I'm always amazed at your To-Do lists and that you manage to get it all done! Congrats on the yard sale as well...extra money and dumped emotional baggage...kill two birds with one stone!

Hope you are having a fantastic time! Can't wait to hear about it when you return! :goodvibes

Hi everyone! We're back and we survived!!!!! Been crazy since I've been home - DD's bday party is next Sunday. I need to get some photos processed to begin the trip report and hope to do that this weekend - in addition to getting a new update in my current TR as well!

I will tell you this - the TR will NOT be boring!

:cool1: Welcome home!! I hope you guys had a great trip! Can't wait to hear all about it!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter