Divas do Seattle - Cancelled

YAY Sarah there you are!!! I am soooo glad you are coming. Since mom and I aren't going on the reg girls trip next year this might be the only time I get to see you so YAY!!!!!

I really WISH I could bring the girls but I HIGHLY doubt that is going to happen so most likely it is just going to be mom and I.

We are up for ANYTHING you guys plan! The only thing I KNOW I want to do sometime when I am up there is go eat at Anthony's at Pike's market. If no one is interested in doing that mom and I will prob sneak away and do that sometime by ourselves. That is my FAV restaurant and I am dying to go and can't go to Seattle without eating there!! ;)

And of course I am sure a trip to the market is in order! I know I could DEF use some more dried flowers!! My arrangement is really old and pretty sad! LOL

Yay this is going to be SO fun! Seattle in August is the BEST time to go!!!

Carol just letting you know that I had some stuff come up and I won't be able to make the trip now.

I know you guys will have a blast!

Hey ladies! Just popping in here to say hello. I see you have dates! YAY! That always makes it more real.
I wish I could go as I've always wanted to go to Seattle, but it's not possible. So take tons of pics of whatever you do, and have a great time. :)

I would love to try and make it to this one! I've only been to Seattle once, but I loved, loved, loved it!

Another option that might be fun...taking in a Rat City Rollergirls bout at Key Arena.

That would be fun. It will probally be a mix of just me and the family (hubby, 16 yr old daughter, and 13 year old son). I live less than a hour away so not sure if I will stay down there or drive back and forth.

Maybe everyone should make a list of what they would like to see, do, or eat. That would give us a idea of what areas to plan in since there is so much to do in Seattle.

I'm subscribing on the (slim) hope I might be able to join you all. I'd love to hear everything that's being planned.

i want to join you all. sounds like fun. how many people are going? is everyone driving or flying?
It looks like we have 10 or 12 plus a couple more who have shown some interest. I am waiting to get responses from everyone now that we have set a date. Most of us are within driving distance but there are a few further away that might try to come that will probably be flying.

Well, I didn't think I was going to be able to make it, because we had a long standing camping trip at the ocean. But, it appears that the top secret school schedule is now being revealed to parents and darn if we aren't going to have a ton of conflicts, so it looks like the camping will be cancelled, and I will be able to make some of the Diva stuff. I will likely ditch the family, but it will depend on what is scheduled. I'm excited to get to meet some of the new Seattle divas!

Tracey

I think we should start planning now! I have just been kind of lazy getting things going. I was hoping to get more of an idea of how many are bringing kids to see what we should plan to do but it looks like not too many so far. Kathy, are you still willing to host a get together at your house Friday night? Maybe that could be Divas only. Maybe we could plan a family activity for Saturday, like the zoo or aquarium. Then maybe meet at Starbucks Sunday morning and do Pike's Market. Just some ideas. Let's get some more ideas!

I vote for the Aquarium saturday since I will be doing the zoo with my family in July! But that's just me, whatever the group decides is fine. I will be there with the whole family saturday only.

SarahMay

Do we have a list of attendees yet? It will be me & my DBF for most of this. My hubby will probably join anything that is family oriented. My DBF might have her family (hubby & 2 girls) come to anything family oriented too, but I need to check with her to know for sure.

Kathy, are you still willing to host a get together at your house Friday night? Maybe that could be Divas only.

I think I could still swing that...Divas only would probably be best if that works? What are the dates we are looking at? Have they been decided?

(Sorry, I've been MIA)

Sounds good so far!

Friday- Meet and Greet

Saturday- We could do Aquarium and pier or Aquarium and then catch the monorail to the Seattle Center. One of our family favorites is to go to the fountain at the Seattle Center and the kids love to run through it and if its hot that is a plus its also free. The duck rides are also down there but a little pricey.

Sunday- Meet at the first Starbucks ever and do Pike Place Market and lunch. For those who want we could do some therapy shopping at Westlake Center and the surrounding area after lunch.

Do we want to plan anything for Saturday night? Wonder what will be going on at the Key arena that night? There is a fun Improv by the Pike Place Market.

Just my two cents. Hope no one minds.

It will probally be just me on Friday, Family on Saturday, and Katie and I on Sunday.

Dates are Aug 20th-22nd.:woohoo:

Can we make a list on our first page of who is coming and who they are bringing to get an idea.

Just my two cents. Hope no one minds.
Not at all, Patty! I am counting on you to take over the planning if you are willing since you are so familiar with the area. :thumbsup2

Dates are Aug 20th-22nd.:woohoo:

Can we make a list on our first page of who is coming and who they are bringing to get an idea.
I am planning to do that soon but I was hoping to get more feedback first. I will put together everything I know and get that up as soon as I can. My weekend is looking quite busy but maybe I can free up some time if I can manage to unload my Blazer playoff tickets. :sad2:

i don't mind doing the planning part as long as you are willing to keep up the front page.

I will just keep putting ideas out there for a while and we can see what everyone would like to do.

I am sure us locals will have cars too so we can also transport those coming from out of town.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter