"Diva" Trip - "Cliff Notes" p.236 OLD THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning all and Happy Monday.

Beth that is so awesome of Theresa to do that for you guys and I hope it all works out!! Either way I know you all will have a blast on your trip!

As far as the state fair goes Katy made Jelly and some dill pickles to enter in the fair and we submitted the entry but haven't gotten anything back yet so I am a bit concerned. We sent the stuff in the week of my birthday which has now been over 2 weeks ago so I am not sure how long it takes to get anything back but I hope we get something soon because we need her exhibitor number to put on the stuff so we can drop it off the day before the fair starts which isn't THAT far away. We have never entered anything before and she probably doesn't have much of a chance but it will be fun to try anyway. We probably wouldn't have even gone this year either because our trip to Oregon is the Sunday after the fair opens BUT since she is entering her stuff we want to go and see how the judging went so we are going to go the Friday night before.

We also have tickets to go see the American Idol tour. Mom really wanted to go and so she got us all tickets. We had been saying the last few years that we wanted to go but it never seemed to work out but this year she did it so that is coming up in July as well. So we are excited about that!

Right now though we are still trying to get back to normal after our trip. We had a GREAT time and I posted some pics on FB but I am not sure if I will get around to doing a TR or not. I am still so exhausted and I have to go in to work today and deal with the huge pile of stuff that is on my desk and then I came back to a mistake on my cell phone bill so I was fighting that half the day yesterday. I traded in my old droid phone and got a gift card last month and paid my bill with it and they didn't get the credit and now my bill is past due! I have been going round and round with them but LUCKILY I foudn the recepit for the payment. I always make my regular payments online but since this was a special deal I made it at the store. NOT what I wanted to come back to that's for sure.

Anyway hope everyone had a good weekend/father's day and hope you all have a good week!

Good morning, ladies! Monday again.

I've got to take Noelle in to the dentist. She needs a tooth pulled before she can get her lower braces on. All I can say is, better her than me!! :rolleyes1 Seriously, I've had two teeth pulled before and it was horrible. :sad2: Most dental procedures usually are though. Evil dentists..... Hers is a baby tooth though so I'm hoping it won't be too bad.

Thanks January, I'm sure we will have a great anniversary no matter what. If they don't let us use the tickets, well, I guess we'll go grab lunch in DTD and get a drink at Trader Sam's (non-alcoholic of course, lol), then head on to Carlsbad. :)

Kelly, sorry about the hassle with the phone bill. Isn't that how it usually goes? After a trip, reality just smacks you in the face! :rolleyes:

Talk to y'all later.

Everything tastes better on a stick apparently.

:lmao: Tag Fairy where are you?!

A few years ago they advertised a deep fried coke. I didn't get a chance to even see it, but I am still curious as to how that works :confused3

We started VBS today. I spent 8 hours yesterday cutting and hanging gossimer, hanging stars, balloons, and posters, and setting the stage for our Hollywood themed camp. Everything looks so cool. Today was western day so I brought my team (we are the Gold Stars) some glittery gold mini cowboy hats to wear around. Tomorrow is adventure day and I am trying to figure out what we should do as a group. hmmm...

Big hugs to all the Divas!

I hope everyone is having a good day.

Are we planning on doing the BBQ again this trip? I've never been, but I'd love to go.

Quick Hello to everyone :wave:. I haven't been on here or FB much lately. Life has been hectic, but good :). Can't complain :).

Deb~ :hug::hug: Thinking of you and hope everything gets better. Look forward to seeing you in October!

Beth~ How fun you guys get some time away!! I'm envious of your marriage.

Big hugs to all the Divas!

I hope everyone is having a good day.

Are we planning on doing the BBQ again this trip? I've never been, but I'd love to go.

Hey Wendy~ Could you PM me your address. I was shopping with Adara and I found a little something that reminded me of you ;).

P.S. I really enjoyed the BBQ. I wouldn't mind doing it again.

A few years ago they advertised a deep fried coke. I didn't get a chance to even see it, but I am still curious as to how that works :confused3
Coke?? As in the drink? How do you deep fry a liquid?? lol

The decorations for VBS sound great!!

I've never been either. I think we should do it! At least have it offered as one of the sign up options. :thumbsup2

Quick Hello to everyone :wave:. I haven't been on here or FB much lately. Life has been hectic, but good :). Can't complain :).
Hi Katie! Good to see you. Hope your doing well. :hug:

I agree the BBQ was a lot of fun! And really good!

Katie~ :hug: :hug:

Jen~ Sounds like a fun week of VBS! Kaeleb is going next week.

Deb, I love looking at your sig!! The Halloween countdown makes me smile. I can't wait! :cool1:

Speaking of which, I edited the front page info for Halloween. Kelly asked me to take her name down as she will no longer be able to make it. So this is the current list of names and dates that I have. Anyone else need to be added?? :yay: Or taken away? (hope not!) Or just have their dates edited?

smiley_pumpkin.gif
Divas going to Disneyland for Halloweentime:
sierranevada/Bridget w/ friends Oct. 2-5
TheColtonsMom/Sherri w/ family Oct. 11-18
VintageDisneyRules/Trudi Oct. 16
groovygirl927/Monica Oct. 16
cccdisney/Becci w/ her DH Oct. 20-23
MommaU4/Beth Oct. 20-23
toocherie/Cheryl Oct. 21-23
Lisacat/Lisa Oct. 21-23
lulubelle/Linda and lulubellesDD/Brianne Oct. 21-23
cheshiregirl/Jane Oct. 21-23
jordansmomma/Debra Oct. 20-24
Wendylady36/Wendy Oct. 21-23

Ooooohh! A planning question! :yay: I'm just a little anxious since I don't have any trips planned until then so I am going through planning withdrawal.

Yes, the BBQ was great and I would love to do it again! I am planning to bring my daughter and am so excited. You will all love her and she will have so much fun! Her "baby" will be almost 3 and she will be ready for a nice getaway.

Speaking of which, I edited the front page info for Halloween. Kelly asked me to take her name down as she will no longer be able to make it. So this is the current list of names and dates that I have. Anyone else need to be added?? :yay: Or taken away? (hope not!) Or just have their dates edited?

smiley_pumpkin.gif
Divas going to Disneyland for Halloweentime:
sierranevada/Bridget w/ friends Oct. 2-5
TheColtonsMom/Sherri w/ family Oct. 11-18
VintageDisneyRules/Trudi Oct. 16
groovygirl927/Monica Oct. 16
cccdisney/Becci w/ her DH Oct. 20-23
MommaU4/Beth Oct. 20-23
toocherie/Cheryl Oct. 21-23
Lisacat/Lisa Oct. 21-23
lulubelle/Linda and lulubellesDD/Brianne Oct. 21-23
cheshiregirl/Jane Oct. 21-23
jordansmomma/Debra Oct. 20-24
Wendylady36/Wendy Oct. 21-23

Beth~ I'll be there Oct. 22-23 :)

Thanks Beth for doing that and I now have a CONFIRMED trip for Nov instead!!

As I mentioned to you we decided to go in Nov instead because Shelby has a 4 day weekend over vets day and Katy gets 1 day off so rather than the girls missing 2 days in Oct we thought it would be better this way and cheaper if we skipped the halloween party etc.

We weren't 100% sure though because we would still need to fly and airfare has been out of reach lately. Well then ironically this morning southwest came out with a sale for just 3 days for 40 1 way! That is a HUGE deal! I looked and figured out we would not be able to fly down wed night like we had planned but could fly down first thing Thurs morning and would have to fly back Monday morning as well so the girls would have to miss an extra day of school but for the huge savings in the tickets it would be worth it. Well I was waiting till Shane got home because I needed his CC number but then my mom pointed out that they would probably sell out fast and GOOD thing I listened to her!!

I went back in and the Thurs flight was still there but already the 1st 2 flights on Monday and gone up to 150!!! So we can't come home till 1 but it was SO worth it to get 80 buck round trip tickets. That has been UNHEARD of and every other fair is 150 ONE WAY!! So we are now going down on Nov 10 and coming home Monday the 14th. We are going with our friends from swim/school this time so it should be a lot of fun.

Now here is hoping that they have more deals when the ladies trip comes round!!! ;)

Hey Wendy~ Could you PM me your address. I was shopping with Adara and I found a little something that reminded me of you ;).

You just want to stalk me, don't you? ;) Give Laila big hugs for me! I haven't seen that little cutie in a long time, I think I need to stalk your Facebook to see some pictures of her.

Beth - How exciting about your anniversary trip! Have loads of fun, I'll be sending magical vibes that they'll let you use the tickets. :wizard::goodvibes
Also, could you please take my name off the October list. Thanks so much!

Big hugs to everyone! I'm bound and determined to go to that BBQ one of these days, so I'm happy that so far it sounds like a go!

Have a super day!

Good morning, ladies! :)

Yes, the BBQ was great and I would love to do it again! I am planning to bring my daughter and am so excited. You will all love her and she will have so much fun! Her "baby" will be almost 3 and she will be ready for a nice getaway.
That's great you'll be able to make the trip with your daughter! How fun.

Beth~ I'll be there Oct. 22-23 :)
Yay! I'll add you now.

Thanks Beth for doing that and I now have a CONFIRMED trip for Nov instead!!
:thumbsup2

Beth - How exciting about your anniversary trip! Have loads of fun, I'll be sending magical vibes that they'll let you use the tickets. :wizard::goodvibes
Also, could you please take my name off the October list. Thanks so much!
Thanks for the magical vibes. I hope they work! ;)

Take your name off??? Noooooooooo! Come on, you know you wanna go!! I haven't seen you in forever. You have to come. Don't make me beg.

Oh, ok, I'll beg. Please, come. Pleeeeease!!! Pretty please! There will be hot men holding kittens there and you don't want to miss that!!! :rolleyes1 :rotfl: (that video was too funny by the way)

Scavenger hunt committee:
Do we have a day and time yet? I'd like to start adding a few details to the schedule on the front page.

Meet and Greet committee: Have you looked into where your going to hold the party? Will it be at the Carousel conference room again? If so, will they be offering another deal on hotel rooms?

Also what day did y'all do the BBQ last time? And how did that work out for the group?

I think another relatively easy bit of planning we can start to think about is t-shirt colors. In fact, that one is better done early on so people can know what to look for if they don't already own a shirt in that color.
I know one year it took me forever to find a red shirt I liked!

Earlier in this thread we talked about doing another pink shirt day. I loved how the pink colors looked, so I'd be happy with that.

Lime green has been a tradition to wear on day one since the very start. Do we keep that?

I am still in love with the idea of the retro Disney sign on a teal background.

What about blue? Or red again? Black?

Thoughts? :)

FYI - Southwest is having a HUGE sale. I just booked a day trip down for Wednesday, August 24. I'll be spending the day at the park to see the Summer Parade and check out the new rides. Woo hoo!

Anyone else need to be added?? :yay: Or taken away? (hope not!)

Lisacat/Lisa Oct. 21-23

Take mine off for now. If I do make it, those probably won't be the dates as my friend from Utah is going to be there the 16th - 18th so I would probably try and go then. I can't even think about it until after Convention. Which I leave for THREE WEEKS FROM TODAY :yikes:

Clothes talk, yay! :banana: I love that we decide on colors, because I'm a horrible packer and always over pack, but it so easy when we decide on a color shirt for each day.

I hope we plan on using last years shirt, because I would love to show it off in Disneyland. :upsidedow

ETA: I love the idea of a pink shirt!

Take your name off??? Noooooooooo! Come on, you know you wanna go!! I haven't seen you in forever. You have to come. Don't make me beg.

Oh, ok, I'll beg. Please, come. Pleeeeease!!! Pretty please! There will be hot men holding kittens there and you don't want to miss that!!! :rolleyes1 :rotfl: (that video was too funny by the way)

I think you're lying to me. If I showed up and there was no hot guys with cats, I would cry.

Hey, maybe we could do shirtless hot guys with kittens as a t-shirt image! :idea:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter