Disrespect

I see no problem with it either. My DH and I use sarcasm as affection on a daily basis.

I also have a special phrase my DD10 and I use. Whenever she does something wrong (nothing major) or silly I say to her, "Better get ready for your beating!" and she responds back with "beat me, beat me!" Her "beating" is tickling and I tickle her until she cries uncle. Another one is when she is grumpy or miserable I say, "the beatings will continue until morale improves" and that usually gets her laughing. I am sure if someone heard me in public saying this they would call CYS!

Wouldn't bother me hearing the statement.

Even if it's a joke and meant to be taken lightly, I don't take things said like that in that way. I hate when people refer to their wives as "the old ball and chain". I hate when I see those stupid shirts saying "Game Over"...with the bride and groom. It's disgusting. Absolutely disgusting. That's just my opinion though. I guess I just don't see the humor in it.

You have every right to feel the way you do just as others have their right to find the humor in it.

I see no problem with it either. My DH and I use sarcasm as affection on a daily basis.

That's how my family was when I was growing up (and DH and I are now). If someone wasn't feeding you sarcasm, you didn't feel loved and appreciated. :rotfl: It was VERY hard for me when I met DH's family because they do NOT speak or appreciate sarcasm (luckily, DH does) and they thought I was very rude when they first me me...I thought ALL families acted like we did to each other.

As long as I remember, my Dad used to always refer to my Mom (especially when she was right there) as "My wife, whatshername" :lmao:

Even if it's a joke and meant to be taken lightly, I don't take things said like that in that way. I hate when people refer to their wives as "the old ball and chain". I hate when I see those stupid shirts saying "Game Over"...with the bride and groom. It's disgusting. Absolutely disgusting. That's just my opinion though. I guess I just don't see the humor in it.

Well said! :) I would be so offended if my wife referred to me as anything else besides King, Handsome Sam, Lord Amazing and/or Sex Panther.

My extended family is very sarcastic. When my younger dd was around 6, she didn't understand why people were talking like that at a family gathering. My niece, who was 16 at the time told her "this is how we show love, get used to it". That is our family motto now.

My sister has a Darth Vader theme as my ringtone. She tells me she cracks up every time I call.

PrincessKsMom said:
I used to have a tag that said "It's not your day to eat. Maybe tomorrow". Whenever my DD used to whine about being hungry that's what I'd say to her. Once we noticed the horrified looks on people's faces it became even more amusing. I would say that (and BTW I'm overweight) to this little, tiny skinny kid and then she would look at me with the most pathetic face and say something like "I understand, it's okay" or "It's okay, I can wait". And we'd walk off laughing our butts off at the people who were left in our wake, completely dumbfounded. :rotfl2: Sarcasm spoken fluently. ::yes::

I'm so using this from now on. I have 4 kids, so I think I'll assign each of them a day during the week and tell them they can rotate out on the weekends. I can see this becoming a joke for years to come and something I'm sure I'd say while grocery shopping as well. I hope anyone that's overhearing us has a good sense of humor, otherwise I might be just be reported to the authorities.

And, I hate the word hate. And, I strongly dislike when people stick their nose in other people's business. Looks like we can't all be happy. ;)

My DH refers to me as many silly things like that, especially in public. Most of the time he just does whatever it takes to get an eye roll and a smile out of me.

The other day we were in Costco and he wanted a hot dog. The lady asked if I wanted anything to eat too and he told her I was only allowed to eat the free onions and ketchup from the condiment bar :rolleyes:.

My mom comes and visits a couple of times a year. We have sooo much fun, we often spend lots of time shopping and our sarcastic banter never stops. It's very funny to see the clerks reactions - some of them think it's hilarious and catch on very quickly, but there's always a few who look at us in shock. We love it!

Well said! :) I would be so offended if my wife referred to me as anything else besides King, Handsome Sam, Lord Amazing and/or Sex Panther.

DH prefers me to call him Master of My Destiny....:confused3

My DH refers to me as many silly things like that, especially in public. Most of the time he just does whatever it takes to get an eye roll and a smile out of me.

The other day we were in Costco and he wanted a hot dog. The lady asked if I wanted anything to eat too and he told her I was only allowed to eat the free onions and ketchup from the condiment bar :rolleyes:.

:lmao: I love sarcasm from my husband, he makes me laugh so much!!

My wife and I are a matching set. We each have a sore spot....My butt and her right foot.

this reminds me of the day the lady in the next aisle was giving me a lecture for calling my grandma OLE LADY! Its our joke, she knows im messing with her just like when she calls me Annie.

Wow, I guess my dad is lucky you never heard some of the jokey things he says to my mom when they are out shopping.

If they are buying cleaning supplies, he tells her to "go pick out whatever she likes, because cleaning is woman's work and he wants her to be happy."

Sometime he just goofs on her and loudly says she should "be grateful he even came to get her out of the home," as in home for the mentally ill or infirm.

And he says plenty of things that are far more scandalous, but they are ALL JOKES and if some buttinski pipes up and comments to him about it, he usually tells them to mind their own business.

The only thing that a stranger could say that would offend me is if he was commenting to his wife/kids/companion about me personally ("sheesh, look at the _____ on that one" or "thank God I'm not her DH") and then I'd probably go over to them and quietly use a few choice words and walk away.

My extended family is very sarcastic. When my younger dd was around 6, she didn't understand why people were talking like that at a family gathering. My niece, who was 16 at the time told her "this is how we show love, get used to it". That is our family motto now.

My sister has a Darth Vader theme as my ringtone. She tells me she cracks up every time I call.

DD has the Halloween music as my ring tone. She, along with the rest of us, all have the witch mucis from The wizard of Oz as a ring tone for my mom.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter